What's up with the lag?

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

What's going on today? Someone said it is server maintenance that's causing the lag tonight. However, I highly doubt that due to this never happening before server updates. It feels more like a DDOS attack but I could be mistaken. Can we get some official word on what's going on?

Also server is down at this moment. sad

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

DDOS, the server and admins have been targeted all day. There was some drama on the forums earlier.

Last edited by Cub (20 Mar 2016 05:07)

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

Oh I see. That sucks. Maybe admins can forward the perpetrators IP to authorities as this is a crime in many jurisdictions.

Player avatar

redvetardi Send PM

subscriber

cant log in at all ? neither pc or android

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

redvetardi said:

Server is down.

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

redvetardi said:

Yea same.. It's down.

Last edited by Au2er (20 Mar 2016 05:27)

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

Server is currently down.

I've been trying to get ahold of both Fate & N0m, but probably sleeping.
Hopefully it fixes it by itself... Or we gotta wait..

Sorry for this!

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

pricey Send PM

subscriber

Double XP to make up for its down-time? haha

Ironman - #1 I R0 N
Ultimate Ironman - #? U I R0 N

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

pricey said:

Double XP to make up for its down-time? haha

+1⁴

I want XP gainzz

Player avatar

JuicedBoxers Send PM

subscriber

well this sucks. here is hoping the server comes up before I have to call it a day.

Player avatar

Evolve Send PM

subscriber

Come baaackkkk. Any estimate on time of repair?

Player avatar

Bliporama Send PM

i hate when im just starting to enjoy a new/old game and have to deal with something like this on my 3rd day .... very discouraging.... =(

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

It happens but not often blip it is worth sticking around for

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Lag? I have not had any lag or login issues at all tonight. Been farming fire giants for the past 5 hours with 0 problems

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Bliporama Send PM

i really dont believe that joe.... as no one else can logon, the home page says 0 players online, and the server status is down.... and has been for 2-3 hours now.... highly doubt youve been doing anything online.....

Last edited by Bliporama (20 Mar 2016 07:15)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Definitely down... now is a great time to add input in the suggestion and feedback section to help shape the game to be better.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Aonbyte said:

Oh I see. That sucks. Maybe admins can forward the perpetrators IP to authorities as this is a crime in many jurisdictions.

if it were only that simple. a DDos attack typically comes from many IP's at once, all flooding the server at the server at once. while i dont know much about them, i do know that typically its a bot network that is basically a bunch of infected computers all attacking a server at once. so its nearly impossible to narrow down who is actually attacking.

if anyone can explain it better. feel free to do so.

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Aonbyte said:

if it were only that simple. a DDos attack typically comes from many IP's at once, all flooding the server at the server at once. while i dont know much about them, i do know that typically its a bot network that is basically a bunch of infected computers all attacking a server at once. so its nearly impossible to narrow down who is actually attacking.

Yes I understand but if the person who threatened to DDOS used to play here and was banned, then the players IP would be reported. That's what I mean.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Aonbyte said:

GLeU said:

Aonbyte said:

Yes I understand but if the person who threatened to DDOS used to play here and was banned, then the players IP would be reported. That's what I mean.

sure, but prove it was him who is attacking. all you can do is speculate, and no judge is going to sentence somebody over speculation.

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Aonbyte said:

GLeU said:

sure, but prove it was him who is attacking. all you can do is speculate, and no judge is going to sentence somebody over speculation.

#ambestdroid