increase what food recovers since new magic update.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

TinkerTank said:

Love the food idea.. But

16 is low for fire wave...

I think damage needs to hit more but be more restricted and accuracy be more defined.  For example;

Base accuracy no gear (hand casting) 20% chance to even hit

Fire blast = 12 + 1 per mage gear peice & 15% accuracy per piece
Max accurracy of 80% in staff and wiz set
Fire wave = 16 "       "

Then disable casts if melee wep is equiped.
This will make hybriding more dificult resulting in less 3 hit killing.

- accuracy of spells by 10% per melee/leather piece.
This will make casting in full rune less effective and provide incentive to wear mage gear.

Do you even PK?

Fate said:

I hit a 16 on real classic btw, but it will most likely go back to "RSCR" magic formula.

pls.

Last edited by zazo x (15 Mar 2016 14:56)

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

As a mage i pk often. Low lvl pure killing 99 mage 42 hp 40 prayer and god spells at 28 combat.
I have seen alot including the op hybrids hitting 10+ with magic while hitting 30+ with melee at the same time. Its not one single style that is op. Its the combinations that are op

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

TinkerTank said:

Love the food idea.. But

16 is low for fire wave...

I think damage needs to hit more but be more restricted and accuracy be more defined.  For example;

Base accuracy no gear (hand casting) 20% chance to even hit

Fire blast = 12 + 1 per mage gear peice & 15% accuracy per piece
Max accurracy of 80% in staff and wiz set
Fire wave = 16 "       "

Then disable casts if melee wep is equiped.
This will make hybriding more dificult resulting in less 3 hit killing.

- accuracy of spells by 10% per melee/leather piece.
This will make casting in full rune less effective and provide incentive to wear mage gear.

1. RSC does not work like this at all, that magic stat you see in equipment status is useless, it only determines if you're going to fail a spell or not (higher the bonus less likely to fail)
2. What you're suggesting is a complete new combat formula for magic of which you'll HAVE to introduce new content and balance out existing magic equip stats if the magic stat is going to mean something with your suggestion.
3. I'm for your idea, but would want to see a content overhaul with magic as in the introduction of new magic gear/spells

Also I just realized with your idea that 99 magic would be useless as you say nothing about an increase mgic level g
iving any benefits at all

Personally i wouldnt add content as that could complicate it further. 

Magic equipment stat turns into +1-4 and def etc stays the same as current gear.

99 mage is already useless as 90 or less is sufficent to not fail spells

Hope that covers every thing smile

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

99 mage has always been fucking useless... Everyone and their grandma knows wiz sets and all that BS improves your accuracy to not fail a spell which can be countered by just getting +10 levels from the spell you want so you don't fail.

And you PK low level mages at 28 combat with god-mage..... I'm sure it must be fun for you 1 hitting people, but some of us real PKers actually like a fight to go on more than 30 seconds, so that there is more skill involved than casting twice and your opponent dying. Please go back to RS2 with these ideas

RSCR HAD A PERFECT COMBAT FORMULA, MAGIC FORMULA AND CATCHING SYSTEM. WHY CHANGE IT.

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

Each to their own. No need to rant lol

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

I hit a 16 on real classic btw, but it will most likely go back to "RSCR" magic formula.

Yo nice job on reverting Magic and listening to us all, I'll be back and PKing when the rest of the bugs are fixed though it's pretty hard to PK atm with the bugs. Cheers