increase what food recovers since new magic update.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fights are over insanely fast now that magic hits really high damage now. while an increase wont save you from the 3 hit(which are happening a lot), this can help fights last more then 1-2 minutes. if your 90+ prayer, you literally dont even need to bring a prayer potion anymore, because you just smash through all there food in no time.

I suggest the following increases.

tuna 10 to 12

lobsters 12-14

swordies 14-16/18

sharks 20-24

I know this isn't very "RSC" but neither is fire wave hitting 16s or fire blasts hitting 12s.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Fights are over insanely fast now that magic hits really high damage now. while an increase wont save you from the 3 hit(which are happening a lot), this can help fights last more then 1-2 minutes. if your 90+ prayer, you literally dont even need to bring a prayer potion anymore, because you just smash through all there food in no time.

I suggest the following increases.

tuna 10 to 12

lobsters 12-14

swordies 14-16/18

sharks 20-24

I know this isn't very "RSC" but neither is fire wave hitting 16s or fire blasts hitting 12s.

Fair point.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

I hit a 16 on real classic btw, but it will most likely go back to "RSCR" magic formula.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

I hit a 16 on real classic btw, but it will most likely go back to "RSCR" magic formula.

rscrevolution had done a few updates around 2007/2008 sometime. added withdraw x, buy x to shops, removed pid, that must of been a change they did also. i varrock mage pked for a long time with fire blasts, and never once hit over an 8, and flats pked on p2p a bunch never hitting over a 10 ever. i mean, literally everyone agrees with this, so its not like were making it up.

I for one dont HATE it, it makes perfect sense that 16 spells=max hit 16. it's just it hits SOOOOOOOOOOOO often for 10+ damage now, that everyone gets dropped hella fast. I've had more 3 hits on 99hper in the last 2 days, then in the last 6 months prior to update.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Fate said:

but it will most likely go back to "RSCR" magic formula.

This, to me, make's far more sense than altering PKing anymore. Good choice.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

whoever came up with an idea to increase those magic hits is absolutely clueless about how PK'ing works in 2016. it's team based shit and increasing that possible damage being done, just makes it even worse. if anything, it wouldn't be bad to nerf those spells but increasing them, is just totally nonsense.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

whoever came up with an idea to increase those magic hits is absolutely clueless about how PK'ing works in 2016. it's team based shit and increasing that possible damage being done, just makes it even worse. if anything, it wouldn't be bad to nerf those spells but increasing them, is just totally nonsense.

dont you have a castle on turnip to ruin some more?

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

You can't hit 16s on original with fire wave lol.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Fate said:

you still got ur char p2p'd padwan? if you do and got bloods, maybe go and test this and confirm it 100%. id check myself, but i havent got fuck all on my char haha.

Last edited by GLeU (9 Mar 2016 13:14)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

padwan121 said:

Fate said:

you still got ur char p2p'd padwan? if you do and got bloods, maybe go and test this and confirm it 100%. id check myself, but i havent got fuck all on my char haha.

You can't hit 16s on there period.. unless they recently changed it which is highly unlikely.

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

No just make it not hit as often

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Fate said:

i varrock mage pked for a long time with fire blasts, and never once hit over an 8,

I concur with this.  1 on 1's wouldn't have even been a thing for mages if fire blast hit over a 10 lol.  Most poeple only had 11 hp.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

this server is starting 2 be bad....

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Is this still happening? I heard it got nerfed, after a few tests it definitely doesn't feel as strong however I feel it's ruined P2P Pking a bit which is when usually the wild is most active, I've probably got 20-30 kills 2/3 hitting people in the first rounds in the past 2-3 days, on a 90s hybrid vs other hybrids or runies, and the same has happened to me probably the same amount of times, on f2p fights last longer but p2p fights are a bit fhked, it's a shame to see p2p not as active this has been getting a lot of +1s to revert would be great to see the change asap boss, thanks for everything and keep up the good work

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

GLeU said:

Pegi said:

don't play either of servers. i just hope this RSC scene will do good in general, regardless of which server is the main one.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Verse Send PM

subscriber

i like the new mage and im all in for foods healing more add a dick to eat so all the haters hating can eat that tongue

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/23ubhq0.gif[/img]

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

GLeU said:

Pegi said:

don't play either of servers. i just hope this RSC scene will do good in general, regardless of which server is the main one.

Rip turnip! It's stuck in the mud! left in the dirt! and will never have a patch on rscre and rightly so.

Last edited by padwan121 (14 Mar 2016 16:24)

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

Love the food idea.. But

16 is low for fire wave...

I think damage needs to hit more but be more restricted and accuracy be more defined.  For example;

Base accuracy no gear (hand casting) 20% chance to even hit

Fire blast = 12 + 1 per mage gear peice & 15% accuracy per piece
Max accurracy of 80% in staff and wiz set
Fire wave = 16 "       "

Then disable casts if melee wep is equiped.
This will make hybriding more dificult resulting in less 3 hit killing.

- accuracy of spells by 10% per melee/leather piece.
This will make casting in full rune less effective and provide incentive to wear mage gear.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

TinkerTank said:

Love the food idea.. But

16 is low for fire wave...

I think damage needs to hit more but be more restricted and accuracy be more defined.  For example;

Base accuracy no gear (hand casting) 20% chance to even hit

Fire blast = 12 + 1 per mage gear peice & 15% accuracy per piece
Max accurracy of 80% in staff and wiz set
Fire wave = 16 "       "

Then disable casts if melee wep is equiped.
This will make hybriding more dificult resulting in less 3 hit killing.

- accuracy of spells by 10% per melee/leather piece.
This will make casting in full rune less effective and provide incentive to wear mage gear.

1. RSC does not work like this at all, that magic stat you see in equipment status is useless, it only determines if you're going to fail a spell or not (higher the bonus less likely to fail)
2. What you're suggesting is a complete new combat formula for magic of which you'll HAVE to introduce new content and balance out existing magic equip stats if the magic stat is going to mean something with your suggestion.
3. I'm for your idea, but would want to see a content overhaul with magic as in the introduction of new magic gear/spells

Also I just realized with your idea that 99 magic would be useless as you say nothing about an increase magic level giving any benefits at all

Last edited by Cub (15 Mar 2016 14:10)

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

STOP. TRYING. TO. DIG. THE. HOLE. DEEPER.

REVERT.