[Functionality] Equipment Tab

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I am afraid this would be too big change, even though it's a good idea.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

I'm curious why you feel that way n0m. Could you please explain it in more depth. Because outside of prayer beasts being at a slight disadvantage vs def noobs (which they beast on already) I'm failing to see a negative effect. Everyone carries a bit more food in wildy, and npc farming you don't waste a large portion of space on equipment.

Player avatar

Mona Lisa Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

n0m said:

I'm curious why you feel that way n0m. Could you please explain it in more depth. Because outside of prayer beasts being at a slight disadvantage vs def noobs (which they beast on already) I'm failing to see a negative effect. Everyone carries a bit more food in wildy, and npc farming you don't waste a large portion of space on equipment.

are you kidding me? defense is so over powered.

R.I.P. Patrick aka Hostile

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

GLeU said:

n0m said:

It's a big change for RSC, that's all.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

n0m said:

That's a joke right? When  90 90 90 can beat a 99 99 99. That's a clear sign that defense is not overpowered.  I stopped wearing armor on my old 96 because it seemed like it did nothing vs prayer beasts. Teemu has a 40 99 92 that gets smashed daily by pbs. You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Just another turnip kid who's been here a few weeks and thinks he knows everything

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

GLeU said:

n0m said:

It's a big change for RSC, that's all.

That seems like a cop out to me n0m. I thought we were revolutionizing rsc here? Sorry but I think you need to spend a solid 8-10 hours farming npc's and seeing how frustrating it know that you could be making 20% more per trip if you didn't have to give up 6 slots for gear. Giving up the use of your hard earned legends cape because it's better to bring that extra food. Never seeing capes used in wildy for the exact same reason. To big of a change is all you can come up with. Worlds most pathetic excuse if you ask me.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

I have to agree with Cub in regards to his little debate with ghasp. The effect on skilling is so miniscule that t's pretty much irrelevant. So you get an extra coal every trip.....so like, you get an extra 100 coal every 2900. Gamebreakingly drastic in terms of making skilling too easy? Naw...

As far as nostalgia goes....I think just having the graphics and the combat system is good enough for 95%+ of us. For example...I started RS in the spring of 2001 when I was 11 years old. I remember having to click the pickaxe, and then click the rock just to get one attempt at mining. Do I want to bring back excessively repetitive tasks like this just to relive my past? Oh hell no. Do you want to go back to not having notes? Go back to the clunky banking interface that totally sucks compared to what was designed for RSCR? I sure don't and I don't see anyone here crying for it either.

We have to balance nostalgia with common sense. If it enhances the game and fixes that was excessively repetitive and/or loosely programmed on the actual game I say we do it.

As far as equipment tab goes....I'm all for it. Pking would be a little more interesting, and PVM would be much more enjoyable without making it "too easy" a Fine balance in my opinion. It would be cool to be able to use full gear without worrying about wasting food  spots.

Bottom line, even though I'm all for it, I do understand that it *IS* a *VERY* drastic change, and we do have a community-inspired game.  If the admins are up to the programming challenge of an equipment tab, make a poll.  If the majority want it, go for it!

Last edited by Synbios (9 Apr 2016 00:17)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Im definitely up for equipment tab as it would especially change the meta for PK. Not just that, it would chang the game-play all around and in an interesting way.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Mona Lisa Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

That's a joke right? When  90 90 90 can beat a 99 99 99. That's a clear sign that defense is not overpowered.  I stopped wearing armor on my old 96 because it seemed like it did nothing vs prayer beasts. Teemu has a 40 99 92 that gets smashed daily by pbs. You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Just another turnip kid who's been here a few weeks and thinks he knows everything

turnip is a shit server, just like your a shit pker.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

As always I stated my opinion and debated I am certainly not going to whine and cry if this does get implemented I am just personally against it because it reminds me of rs2 and to me was one of the defining differences. I am concerned that many of our players would rather be playing rs2 via mobile and this is playing a large influence into the ideas for the game. Trust me I do not see this as an end of the world update. I am just for keeping rscr close to rsc

Last edited by Ghasp (9 Apr 2016 02:44)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Fate said:

Im definitely up for equipment tab as it would especially change the meta for PK. Not just that, it would chang the game-play all around and in an interesting way.

OK, lets stop right there..One thing to cater to more pking updates and help get more pkers active, but changing the meta of the way pking is by adding extra slots and shit would be just shitting on the only reason certain players even log in this game. Pvp on rscrevolution classic is different than any other game.

B u b b a

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

Mona Lisa said:

Solid argument turnip kid. No respect and no ability to debate. Just rash pointless insults. And you applied to be mod LOL. You're a joke.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

r u t h less said:

Fate said:

OK, lets stop right there..One thing to cater to more pking updates and help get more pkers active, but changing the meta of the way pking is by adding extra slots and shit would be just shitting on the only reason certain players even log in this game. Pvp on rscrevolution classic is different than any other game.

So you get an extra 5-6 food. Not exactly game breaking. That's 2 maybe 3 more fighting rounds TOPS.

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

Yeah you for sure haven't played here long if you think defense is overpowered. 

I don't see any problems.  Except I would say, o tab for arrows or runes.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

r u t h less said:

Fate said:

So you get an extra 5-6 food. Not exactly game breaking. That's 2 maybe 3 more fighting rounds TOPS.

Shit I'd try and play again if this was implemented.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Mona Lisa Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

Solid argument turnip kid. No respect and no ability to debate. Just rash pointless insults. And you applied to be mod LOL. You're a joke.

umad? its pointless to debate with you.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

Mona Lisa said:

Another typical reply by an idiot who is at a loss of words. The truth is that I'm right, and you're wrong,  but your to arrogant to accept it. So you lash out with petty insults and stupid comments like "Umad?". You've lost any respect anyone ever had for you here.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

GLeU said:

Mona Lisa said:

GLeU said:

Another typical reply by an idiot who is at a loss of words. The truth is that I'm right, and you're wrong,  but your to arrogant to accept it. So you lash out with petty insults and stupid comments like "Umad?". You've lost any respect anyone ever had for you here.

B u b b a

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Wouldn't be wrong to try it out at least?? I'm all for changing the meta because we know this game by heart... not that it would change much other than carrying more food per trip but still, it will be somewhat changed anyways.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Wouldn't be wrong to try it out at least?? I'm all for changing the meta because we know this game by heart... not that it would change much other than carrying more food per trip but still, it will be somewhat changed anyways.

+1 I'd like to see it and see how it fares with the community.