Cub Send PM

subscriber

Wilderness Tokens are cool!

Last edited by Cub (26 Oct 2016 16:27)

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

Good idea. the problem is some people will do anything to abuse it

(Make a group of friends and kill each other, switch to proxies and repeat to make it look legit)

I still like the idea tho but there so many people that like to take the easy way and cheat themselves.

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

I love this idea , but I think it would work great on a designated pk day. Saturday being perfect. So, mass farming of these tokens is impossible.

Maybe the person has to have to lose a certain amount of items lost. (75k worth) So, rune has to be lost.(Which, means they have to be above a certain level like 40 combat)
Aswell as unique ip's.

Last edited by Yasuo (27 Feb 2016 23:40)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Great idea man!!!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Zm Send PM

subscriber

Idea is awesome!

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

Great and well thought out idea

If i had one thing to add, it would be something to do with tokens only being rewarded if a maximum of 2 players tagged the same person being killed or something.
Swarming is already a pretty big issue on this server, and i suspect this sort of thing will only worsen it

Maybe it would work better if it was introduced along with a clan based system, so that you only got them for pk'ing rival clans, while only getting assistance from own clan members, or something along the lines..

So in other words, just something that will incentivise smaller groups when it comes to regular pk'ing, and then mass pk'ing in the form of clans vs clans, so that the regular wilderness isn't destroyed by this. nam sayin?`

This is just off the top of my mind.. Nevertheless great idea man! The server could definitely use something like this!

Last edited by Beatdown jr (28 Feb 2016 00:18)

Player avatar

Phaze Send PM

subscriber

sounds like dead man mode in rs2. just more tiers of skulls.

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely took in the consideration of people abusing the system. I think what we have to keep in mind though no matter what system is put in place people will indeed try to abuse any reward type system.

I would really ideas to tweak the rewards, I pk'd somewhat on real classic and what really made it worth wild was the player base and popularity of the game back then. Now since this server doesn't have 1k+ players on at once I  think changes need to be made to make up for that fact and to improve the quality of life for those who frequently play.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Can easily proxi IP and abuse it

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Tokens will not be rewarded if you just recently killed the same IP player & player character within 15 minutes.

So that should slow down most instances for abusing.

Any suggestions to stop token farming would be awesome, we already know any reward system can be abused.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1 to this!!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Tokens will not be rewarded if you just recently killed the same IP player & player character within 15 minutes.

Any suggestions to stop token farming would be awesome, we already know any reward system can be abused.

U know how fast u can change ips  or how many ips you can use at one?

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Cub said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

U know how fast u can change ips  or how many ips you can use at one?

Oh man thanks so much for your contribution to this suggestion.

Did you have read and understand how hard it would be to farm tokens to the point that would render the system useless for everyone? Instead you keep posting the same thing like a broken parrot and you don't offer ANY suggestions to stop token farming.

How about this.

No tokens will be rewarded if the player you kill has a matching IP
No tokens will be rewarded if the player you kill belongs to the same forum account
No tokens will be rewarded if the player you kill is the same player you killed within 15minute time frame.
No tokens wilu killedl be rewarded if the player you kill is the same player yo within 15minute time frame & belongs to the same forum account as that character.

Pretty sure that should solve token farming.

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Cool idea and well-presented and thought out. Being the skeptic that I am, to prevent abuse, your idea this relies on "unique ip" methods which is apparently impossible to monitor due to people proxying. Is there really no way around this? Until then, -1 from me.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Evan said:

Cool idea and well-presented and thought out. Being the skeptic that I am, to prevent abuse, your idea this relies on "unique ip" methods which is apparently impossible to monitor due to people proxying. Is there really no way around this? Until then, -1 from me.

Make it a unique forum account type of thing not to mention you cant repeatedly kill the same character within 15 minutes.

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

I don't get why you people keep going about the potential IP abuse. The safeguards in place are good, and yes it is still technically possible to cheat, but it would be bothersome and probably not even worth the hassle.

And lets not forget you can already cheat whenever you want in rsc, there's just a chance you get caught and banned, so i see no principal difference between botting for example and this here?

Mods will run around invisible checking out for cheaters along with whatever other tools at their disposal, like always, and that's about as good as it gets.

You will not and can not get any 100% cheat-proof game, so it shouldn't stop us from advancing the game.

Last edited by Beatdown jr (29 Feb 2016 00:44)

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

Evan said:

Make it a unique forum account type of thing not to mention you cant repeatedly kill the same character within 15 minutes.

I don't think this solves it. Even if someone makes only one other forum account, 1 kill per 15 minutes is still way faster than a legit player is picking up kills.

In order for this to be rewarding, a pker shouldn't have to get more than 10 kills to get a handsome reward of like 500k (I'm being very general here, I understand you have conceived a point system). This means every nonlegitimate kill matters significantly, which to the above poster, is why I'm nagging this point.

As for suggestions, I don't know how to fix this.

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

I suggested a "PK Point System" a while back, but I like your idea much better smile

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

Honestly, feel make it only able to earn tokens above 20 wild.
Make the tokens need for rewards higher.

First reward you need--200 tokens.--People pk regardless this is an added incentive.
every reward requires higher tokens..

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]