New Launcher and Christmas Presents

Player avatar

xkushx Send PM

subscriber

n0m,
The new android update makes it impossible to pk....I told you this when you asked me to test it. I had been playing using the previous .apk from my download history. But with this new update I no longer can. Idc about the party shit or anything else that came with update. Can you make the previous version available somewhere.....I only pk, and I only play on phone. Characters x Mr hero x, Asylum, Fuzzy etc.

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

I'm still making  an argument that drops should be every 5 min or less,

At the rate that we have 7 days of drops,  every 30 min we are looking at only 336 total Rares put into the system,  evenly distributed that's 84 sets,  it's very unlikely that people will play often enough to get a full set on their own,  I can remember haloween drops on rsc I didn't play 24x7 but I got 4 full sets and the prices kept going up.

I'd much rather have cheap Rares and have everyone have one than have Rares that no one can afford especially with a set,  there's no point in having a Santa top on its own.  Or Santa bottoms. On their own.

I really appreciate the mod team but I think the fun part was getting tons of rares and sure there will be extras but as everyone makes more accounts they will be easily distributed,  people will buy them get banned for boating and they will exit the economy.  Eventually the market will be fine but we should be giving these things away easily,  or doing a world drop like rsc used to.

I am raising a stink because I know I only normally play on my phone and I have a life I work full time. I won't be able to make drop parties easily.  We should be letting the people have doubles of these drops,  make the present have a full set and do drop parties of those presents.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

xkushx said:

n0m,
The new android update makes it impossible to pk....I told you this when you asked me to test it. I had been playing using the previous .apk from my download history. But with this new update I no longer can. Idc about the party shit or anything else that came with update. Can you make the previous version available somewhere.....I only pk, and I only play on phone. Characters x Mr hero x, Asylum, Fuzzy etc.

There's no way to revert the changes, can you elaborate what the issue is with the new app? I even added a configurable hold-time for right click as requested..

Player avatar

xkushx Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

xkushx said:

n0m,

There's no way to revert the changes, can you elaborate what the issue is with the new app? I even added a configurable hold-time for right click as requested..

On the previous one, you hold for right click. When you let go, the pop up screen for whatever you "right-clicked" on would stay open..allowing you to tap the option you want. With the update,  once you take your finger off of whatever you want to "right-click", it goes away. So now you have to slide to the option you want, and with my thumb in the way I usually can't see.  So if I want to see who the person is standing next to me, it usually ends up trading or dueling before I can see the name.  It makes pking damn near impossible because you have to time it and hit the option to attack exactly precise. All it does is piss me off and make me not want to play.......

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

xkushx said:

n0m said:

xkushx said:

n0m,

On the previous one, you hold for right click. When you let go, the pop up screen for whatever you "right-clicked" on would stay open..allowing you to tap the option you want. With the update,  once you take your finger off of whatever you want to "right-click", it goes away. So now you have to slide to the option you want, and with my thumb in the way I usually can't see.  So if I want to see who the person is standing next to me, it usually ends up trading or dueling before I can see the name.  It makes pking damn near impossible because you have to time it and hit the option to attack exactly precise. All it does is piss me off and make me not want to play.......

Why don't you use the "One mouse-button" setting? If you want it to stay open. I can make it configurable if you want it to stay open, but not today.

Player avatar

godemis Send PM

subscriber

you have to be logged in to be chosen??

Player avatar

Oo Send PM

subscriber

tbh im dissapointed. Christmas drops were what made christmas on RSC special. Now its just random luck and no hunting down the present. Boring.... Santa hats appearing at random places or even Wild npc drops were way more fun.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Merry Christmas!

I have worked on making the Launcher better, including new GUI and better cache updater.

Web client has been removed completely from our website due to browsers no longer supporting Java applets.

Download it from http://www.rscrevolution.com/Launcher.jar

The present giveaway is now active, one randomly selected player online will get a present every 30 minutes and one of these items is what you get when you open the present:

https://i.gyazo.com/2cc5c9dff733d64358b … 13fe65.png
https://i.gyazo.com/152f9ef5d6bc45b554e … ae0a3a.png

Additionally the moderators will hold events which reward presents.

I would have prefer to make a quest for these items as well, I am not sure if there's enough time left for that. We'll see.

you had 1 year to make this quest. Your excuse to the community now?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

I agree I'd much rather have npc drops as well

Edit: not everyone can really make events and we all have had poor luck  with drops at times.

Last edited by Modoc (22 Dec 2015 16:09)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

n0m said:

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

n0m said:

See edit above,

Not everyone can make events this is a poor excuse for a broken system for the drops

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Poor excuse or not, this is how it's going to be. Good luck.

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Poor excuse or not, this is how it's going to be. Good luck.

That's a crap way to deal with the community who are on the whole displeased with this system

The general concensus is not as positive as a holiday event should have been this was hyped and poorly executed for the amount of hype it recieved

Last edited by Modoc (22 Dec 2015 16:13)

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

1 present per IP is the best way due to andriod users not able to multi log like pc users. thanks

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

1 present per IP is the best way due to andriod users not able to multi log like pc users. thanks

I feel like that would be tough to implement for the admits honestly. 

If we're stuck with this system then we should just say we don't prefer this system to ever be used again in the future.

Edit: I want to be clear I'm happy with the effort that went in to developing a cool present for us for christmas drops but I'm frustrated that almost no one will ever have the chance to wear it because it will be ultra rare.

Last edited by Modoc (22 Dec 2015 16:30)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

So, your problem is the present giveaways? That's addition to the Christmas events moderators are going to hold. I simply don't understand what your problem is right now.

You and the rest of this community need to understand that I and Fate have life outside of this, which we've been trying to enjoy while producing content for you. During December there's been higher priority things to do in order for the server to succeed and not have a best server for Christmas, some of those updates you know about and some of those you don't. Those who were around playing at start of this month know what I am talking about.
We had about a week time for planning the Christmas updates which unfortunately was mostly spent on planning Christmas in real-life, which I am going to start doing starting of today,  I won't be online much.

So in other words: This is simply the best we can do now, some things can be tweaked or changed but there will not be a quest, we are limited to these simple type of events this Christmas.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Modoc said:

fear nothing said:

I feel like that would be tough to implement for the admits honestly. 

If we're stuck with this system then we should just say we don't prefer this system to ever be used again in the future.

Edit: I want to be clear I'm happy with the effort that went in to developing a cool present for us for christmas drops but I'm frustrated that almost no one will ever have the chance to wear it because it will be ultra rare.

There will be a lot of presents given out from events almost the same amount as how many presents will be dropped from the automatic 30 minute giveaways, it will not be a ultra rare. I thought that I already implied this by saying there will be events for them.

Player avatar

Modoc Send PM

subscriber

Yes,  the drop system is broken,  give away all the presents at whatever drop party you want. But there is a low probability of anyone getting a full set on their own with this current drop system.  And most people I think would like a system that gives them the chance to go out and get Rares.

I suggested ideas like changing the drop to every 5 min.  You could also change it to where 20 people get an item per 30 min or something,  I can run the probability numbers for you but I will venture to say that based on the global drop system it's impossible for someone to get a full set of Rares,  which is what everyone wants. 

People like to have control over their situations in life,  this current system takes away any control over the user of being able to get the Rares that they desire.  It also rewards people who are multilogging currently which I don't  have a problem with.  People who have multiple accounts should be able to have chances to get items for their characters as well.

That's why I'm frustrated,  rscrevolution  traditional drops gave gave multiple sets normally of the rare item,  things wound up Rares still anyway.

I think that adding these items to npc drops at a 5% rate or something would be a great compromise if I kill 100 of something I could get a full set that would be awesome.

The plus side to this is also it forces a decent amount of trade and community cooperation to trade items to help each other get full sets.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

So, your problem is the present giveaways? That's addition to the Christmas events moderators are going to hold. I simply don't understand what your problem is right now.

You and the rest of this community need to understand that I and Fate have life outside of this, which we've been trying to enjoy while producing content for you. During December there's been higher priority things to do in order for the server to succeed and not have a best server for Christmas, some of those updates you know about and some of those you don't. Those who were around playing at start of this month know what I am talking about.
We had about a week time for planning the Christmas updates which unfortunately was mostly spent on planning Christmas in real-life, which I am going to start doing starting of today,  I won't be online much.

So in other words: This is simply the best we can do now, some things can be tweaked or changed but there will not be a quest, we are limited to these simple type of events this Christmas.

You had a 11 months to prepare for Christmas event. By waiting to the last minute to make a event is not how you run a BUSINESS where THESE USERS PAY YOU DONATION/CASH. There is not 1 excuse you can give the community when you had 11 months. GG smile

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Holy shit people, bitch much? Grow up, you're not entitled to everything. Why not just give everyone who registers the option to spawn any own then want.  Want the rest of the items? Buy them.