Patch, Underground Pass and Halloween

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hello everyone! it has been a while since we had some updates. Today we are releasing a huge patch with bug fixes, additions and the coveted quest underground pass.

I'm very proud to say that I have finally replicated the underground Pass Quest, I have been working on this quest for quite some time now. It's one of the biggest quest in RSC, with many complex labyrinths of tunnels and a lot of NPCs to bypass and kill.

For the full quest guide visit: http://www.rsclassics.org/underground-pass.htm
D6uvHLB.png

This quest also have some quite nice rewards:
-Staff of Iban and the ability to cast the Iban blast spell

• if you lose it you will have to obtain broken staff from Iban disciples deep in the Underground Pass and then pay Dark Mage in West Ardougne 200,000 coins to repair it
  • The staff of iban must be recharged at Flames of zamorak cauldron in the Underground Pass every 25 casts
  • The staff is a two-handed weapon with 50 aim and power points

-Klank Gauntlets
  • The Klanks Gauntlets is given to you by the npc Klank in the underground pass quest.
  • Upon losing these gauntlets, you will have to pay 5000 coins and go all the way back into the dungeon to obtain a new pair from Klank.

-Fire Runes and Death Runes
  • Originally you are rewarded with 15 death runes and 30 fire runes, we have decided to raise the runes count to 150 death runes and 300 fire runes.
-Thieving EXP and 5 Quest Points

Below is a link to the full list of updates in this patch:
http://www.rscrevolution.com/developmen … Update_Log

Possible Upcoming Content-Update: Revenants
"Revenants" is an update which will bring more activity to wilderness; Revenants are players who have died in wilderness and have came back, stronger than before, nothing will limit their path and they will attempt to destroy everything in sight.

Revenant Abilities:
They can sense you from 10 squares away and will start walking towards you and as ghosts usually do, they can go through any kind of game-object, lava, water.
Once you are within their range they can enter combat from 3 squares away.

They will cast spells(limited count), regenerate health(limited amount) and act much like a player would but they will not run away.

Their skills and their drop table is what their former self had, with additional random stackables/consumables.

The system is already made but it needs tweaking, it will be posted about after it's fully ready to be released - Sneak Peak:
ru976r3.png
ARqcTZB.png

Halloween weekend 24th Obtober - 1st November:
We have decided to host a Halloween week with several PK events, A Halloween Quest and boosted experience rate during the whole week starting at 24th October and ends at 1st November.

There will be a lot of new items released during the halloween week. We are going to introduce a new item to the server as well as costumes for players to wear. (Skeleton, Zombie, Ghost costumes). The new item that will be created won't yet be revealed today, you'll have to see for yourself at 24th October.

A big tip for this week is to stay as active as you can both on our forums and ingame: Active users will be rewarded every day with one of these costumes/Halloween mask or the new created item.

For now, Enjoy the biggest quest in RSC history and as usual report the bugs at our forums.

Best Regards,
The RSCRevolution Staff Team!

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Army Send PM

subscriber

first

ty

[img]http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/53aadfbb69bedd877dc768a3/us-norse-hacker-map.gif[/img]

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Wow amazing update fate thank you!

Last edited by GreenKing (17 Oct 2015 19:35)

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Snyggt David, King.

Lovely <3 keep up the good work!

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Amnot Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for your dedication we do appreciate all that you do for us ,,,,truly most of us really do!!!!!!!
i finished Underground Pass and it was such fun....... Thanks again!!!!!!

Last edited by Amnot (18 Oct 2015 00:22)

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Pmsl..25 casts of iban then have to recharge all the way back there? Wow what's max hit 99? Surely that's a miss type.. if not God help you...the other updates sound abit of last ditch effort..You do realise the flaw in if someone dies and comes back as a rev? Let me explain quite simple... I have 2 flats I put a phat on one, then I kill it with my other flats lets say... Then I killing the rev with phat of myself..with the
other flats... Get a second phat.....basically double looting yourself.. plus random stacks?  Wow guys smart suggestion....Good job you not brought out yet..think about it wow....Just hurt the server some more..tic tic toc

Last edited by padwan121 (17 Oct 2015 20:06)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

mrnube15 Send PM

subscriber

+1 Nice update. Any word on the slayer skill? I've been looking forward to that shit for a while.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Pmsl..25 casts of iban then have to recharge all the way back there? Wow what's max hit 99? Surely that's a miss type.. if not God help you...the other updates sound abit of last ditch effort..You do realise the flaw in if someone dies and comes back as a rev? Let me explain quite simple... I have 2 flats I put a phat on one, then I kill it with my other flats lets say... Then I killing the rev with phat of myself..with the
other flats... Get a second phat.....basically double looting yourself.. plus random stacks?  Wow guys smart suggestion....Good job you not brought out yet..think about it wow....Just hurt the server some more..tic tic toc

instead of being a complete fucking dick, you could of offered suggestions to prevent these types of issues. stop being such a bitter fuck padwan. its just sad.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

The revenant idea is a possible upcoming future, it need some fixing.. I just wanted to show a sneak peak of something that could be a very nice and fun system.

About the iban blasts; That's how it's in real RSC. I thought about this before release and just waited for people to bring this up. I think that we should raise the cast count to 50 and make it so you can recharge it at the King Lathas the quest starter npc in Ardougne.. We will see.

Thank you for the positive feed back guys, we appreciate it!

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

there's a difference in been a dick and Been honest. so stop been butthurt time and time again from honest shit I say u best friend mother fucker. Who the fuck thinks of these ideas without looking into it in depth.. regardless of what update it is.. Oh wait did you just say I could of offered suggestions? I thought the other day  You said I didn't know what I was talking about? Yet again u have a issue with *truth* and when iv shown legit concern to get throw back at me...have to love these clowns you been one of the biggest. *glue*

Last edited by padwan121 (24 Oct 2015 10:54)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

neilkeps Send PM

subscriber

fuck yeah what a update an grats on underground I knoe u spent alota time on that fucker
and yus for pk events bring it on

[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/10odx6a.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

The revenant idea is a possible upcoming future, it need some fixing.. I just wanted to show a sneak peak of something that could be a very nice and fun system.

About the iban blasts; That's how it's in real RSC. I thought about this before release and just waited for people to bring this up. I think that we should raise the cast count to 50 and make it so you can recharge it at the King Lathas the quest starter npc in Ardougne.. We will see.

Yes even 50 is low but at least it would be a lot closer to recharge rather than all way threw underground. I'm not out to get you fate at all.. but I won't get in to it about other updates and what I could see would Happen down the line with previous updates. truth be told it did... Iv opinion in mind and forthsight as a bigger picture from multilogging .I have a idea..so I think.. a very good suggestions to multilogging.. it's just if you/nom can implant it in-game..and even want to make it happen...as for me playing anymore for now no.. however Im not out to get the server either.. but I dint get that Inpression or have not in past.. Neil try not to get 2 infected by the fins..gone from a sound player to well... Sour.

Last edited by padwan121 (24 Oct 2015 10:58)

Player avatar

doser Send PM

subscriber

pretty cool that you guys are working hard to keep rsc alive!!

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

unless u disable it in wildy u shouldn't change it

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

25 casts..... 15-20 minutes for 25 casts......

This isn't a replica anymore, stop trying to replicate a flawed game. The best things about the real deal RSC was catching/pking/3hits/staking - you have (almost) nailed all of those, why replicate the flawed parts of the game.

You have bank all options, notes, auction house but you're going to replicate a quest which where to cast 25 spells you must spend 15 minutes going round a best friend maze, wtf,

PALLO said:

Fate said:

unless u disable it in wildy u shouldn't change it

Why? This is a quest that is going to benefit PKing, this is 2015 nobody wants to spend 20 minutes on 1 kill... God maybe that's why the wilds so dead.

I'm not being critical I'm just giving my opinion and also suggesting you should up the casts you're given to at LEAST 50.... Honestly, 20 might be enough to kill someone, but that's just not practical having to go recharge it after one trip, keep it in the same place where it is or maybe in a more accessible part of the maze but don't keep that ghastly cast rate of 25, people won't use it and soon will be crying that it's a waste of time to do the quest for PKing.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Maybe make a cave in high wildly with high npcs  with high loot drop maybe one item high loot drop per Npc.. e.g. fire giants rune bars, greaters rune large, kbd certs.. Then if someone dieds in cave to a pker, there will be the persons rev  there making it more of a risk farming for loot from npcs, with the revs been op and there also..regards to revs drops it should be table based but better loot if op..so you could end up with a lot of players revs which makes it hard to farm loot from npcs..then however you might have to team up to clearly it out..and also brings a higher risk to the pker if you make revs multil attack.. Just a thought anyways.

Last edited by padwan121 (17 Oct 2015 22:14)

Player avatar

tonyism Send PM

subscriber

How will the halloween items be rewarded based on activity? Does that mean I have to wait for a mod to notice that I have been active or will there be an automated systems of some sort. I cant handle favoritism and theres no way the mods will be rewarding every single user who spent a decent amount of time playing.

Player avatar

Mod Winter Send PM

tonyism said:

How will the halloween items be rewarded based on activity? Does that mean I have to wait for a mod to notice that I have been active or will there be an automated systems of some sort. I cant handle favoritism and theres no way the mods will be rewarding every single user who spent a decent amount of time playing.

+1 for the automated system idea

Player avatar

nuggz Send PM

subscriber

tonyism said:

truuuuuuu

Fuck The Police!