Platinum Subscription

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Evan said:

n0m said:

benji2 said:

rip rscr?

n0m on a real note.. desperate times call for desperate measures. 

I joined this server instead of turnip because it actually took effort.. over the months, quits and several accounts.. we have merged into an turnip base. 

i think players like yoyo are cancer to such a nostalgic eurphoria.  if anything global chat has ruined this server..  "AKA" higher exp rates..

i remember how exciting it was when you had released the first app to google play store and we had 1200+ weekly logins.

Thanks to you mate, you brought back a vivid memory to us all and i will be here as long as possible.

This is as much as I am willing to compromise for turnip community, only if RSCR community wants it we will increase the rates

First off n0m, this is in my opinion great idea, for the most part. However, the turnip community didn't want skill xp rates increased, only combat xp. Since you're looking for RSCR community opinions (only RSC private server I've played seriously), allow me to give mine. Raising the combat xp with platinum cards is a great idea, this will help turnip transfers and hopefully boost the pk scene. But I think you should reconsider the skilling xp boost. Hear me out.

The way I see it is, if the value of resources is high, casual/skilling/nostalgia players are happy. It means the resources collected have high returns which adds in-game worth to players' efforts and thus gives these players incentive to play. Right now, the value of resources is high and a lot of it has to do with the auction house helping sellers find buyers (by the way, the auction house is literally the best update ever), but there are two other big reasons.
          1. Skilling xp rates are low which keeps resource supply relatively low.
          2. Only sellers can make offers in the AH, which makes it a seller's market.
     Both these factors increase the value of resources and are keeping the economy afloat even while pking numbers are admittedly shit. But obviously the best way to increase resource value is to have more pkers to use the resources, and having the platinum combat xp boost is hopefully a good way to pique that interest in players. But by also boosting the skill xp--proportionally more, I might add--you're pushing in the opposite direction: you're devaluing resources which devalues the in-game worth of casual/skilling/nostalgia players and in turn their desire to play the game dies.

The point I'm trying to make is that a RSC utopia is one where the pk potential is high (lots of players in the wild) and where resources are valuable (motivation for skillers). In my opinion you're moving a step in the wrong direction by increasing skill xp rates. turnip is a classic example of resources being completely devalued which demotivates the skiller and even starts to affect pking incentive when the loot you get is uselessly abundant. Resources being devalued by high skill xp rates is what killed turnip, not high combat xp rates.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put in that well written post, I agree with you with all the points you've made. But is 3x->4x that drastic change? I wanted to add something in platinum subscription for the skiller community as well. If skillers give more negative input on this I would be willing to change it.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Keep the casting at 1 sec per cast...even if they run that's pointless making it 3 secs after running really is..in my opintion. Has the pro multilogger fins been moaning on this I take it..salty times. Lol.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Evan said:

n0m said:

This is as much as I am willing to compromise for turnip community, only if RSCR community wants it we will increase the rates

First off n0m, this is in my opinion great idea, for the most part. However, the turnip community didn't want skill xp rates increased, only combat xp. Since you're looking for RSCR community opinions (only RSC private server I've played seriously), allow me to give mine. Raising the combat xp with platinum cards is a great idea, this will help turnip transfers and hopefully boost the pk scene. But I think you should reconsider the skilling xp boost. Hear me out.

The way I see it is, if the value of resources is high, casual/skilling/nostalgia players are happy. It means the resources collected have high returns which adds in-game worth to players' efforts and thus gives these players incentive to play. Right now, the value of resources is high and a lot of it has to do with the auction house helping sellers find buyers (by the way, the auction house is literally the best update ever), but there are two other big reasons.
     Both these factors increase the value of resources and are keeping the economy afloat even while pking numbers are admittedly shit. But obviously the best way to increase resource value is to have more pkers to use the resources, and having the platinum combat xp boost is hopefully a good way to pique that interest in players. But by also boosting the skill xp--proportionally more, I might add--you're pushing in the opposite direction: you're devaluing resources which devalues the in-game worth of casual/skilling/nostalgia players and in turn their desire to play the game dies.

The point I'm trying to make is that a RSC utopia is one where the pk potential is high (lots of players in the wild) and where resources are valuable (motivation for skillers). In my opinion you're moving a step in the wrong direction by increasing skill xp rates. turnip is a classic example of resources being completely devalued which demotivates the skiller and even starts to affect pking incentive when the loot you get is uselessly abundant. Resources being devalued by high skill xp rates is what killed turnip, not high combat xp rates.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put in that well written post, I agree with you with all the points you've made. But is 3x->4x that drastic change? I wanted to add something in platinum subscription for the skiller community as well. If skillers give more negative input on this I would be willing to change it.

Thanks for the response. I see where you're coming from. It does give skillers a way of benefiting from the platinum sub and 3x->4x can hardly be considered drastic. I just hope it doesn't lead to more.

Player avatar

Kwas Send PM

subscriber

I've just bought 2200 tokens, but it says I don't have enough for Plat subscription? How come?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Evan said:

n0m said:

Evan said:

Thanks for the response. I see where you're coming from. It does give skillers a way of benefiting from the platinum sub and 3x->4x can hardly be considered drastic. I just hope it doesn't lead to more.

We have pretty much reached the absolute limit of skilling xp rate now. No need to worry about that.

Kwas said:

I've just bought 2200 tokens, but it says I don't have enough for Plat subscription? How come?

Does your forum account have the tokens?
If not, did you use e-check to pay for it?
If so, it will take up to 5 days to process the payment you will receive the tokens after it's completed.

Player avatar

Zubrils Send PM

subscriber

Hi, cool!

There should be a notification in login screen about how much plat sub days you have left.

There's only info about normal sub days.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

You can now view your character information from ::info

Player avatar

Kwas Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Kwas said:

Does your forum account have the tokens?
If not, did you use e-check to pay for it?
If so, it will take up to 5 days to process the payment you will receive the tokens after it's completed.

Disregard me, I suck.

Player avatar

waterblazer Send PM

subscriber

good time to harvest more usd big_smile love it

Player avatar

Zubrils Send PM

subscriber

What do you think about adding Platinum + bold color for forum account when plat + normal subscription ?

And really good job on adding plat card - bought one already.

Last edited by Zubrils (23 Sep 2015 11:13)

Player avatar

dddz Send PM

subscriber

Hey N0m, would it be possible to add other payment options?
Like Paysafecard??

I just don't have a paypal account and i am banned from making one because of fraud back in 2006

Paysafe, Ideal, SMS payment - Please.. anything else than creditcard or paypal so i can buy platinum cards!

Word.

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

I share Evan's sentiments that the boost for skill rates is unnecessary. Combat rates boost I don't mind, and the 15 min log-out timer is great.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

This is awesome, just what I was looking for. I couldn't ask for more with the benefits of Plat sub, being a pro skiller who just started back up

Perhaps staff team could also look at additional functionalities (some that existed before)
- Zooming in and out
- Toggling fog and roofs
- Option to hide combat mode
- etc

Ty

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

inspectah Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

No matter what is said or done, you'll never please everyone.

n0m, just make the updates you want to make based on your view of the game from a non players perspective.
If people like it, great. If they don't, they'll adapt.

One thing I've learned from this game is that there are too many differences of opinion and you can't cater to them all.
The platinum sub addition gives people the option to have higher xp if they want it.
The people whining about it, simply play unsubbed! It's that easy..

All in all, I enjoy this server and at least the players views are looked into.

Something definitely needs doing with the wilderness & Pking though.
Just keep high wildy P2P and lower wildy F2P I say.

"Put your trust in the lord, Your ass belongs to me"

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

Fate said:

I have also gone through all the RSC skills and replicated them 100% how they work in real RSC (messages, timers etc..) - Just for the nostalgia feel.

Me and Larsftw have also been comparing RSCR PVP system vs Real RSC system, the only thing we lacked was the magic where right now you can shoot someone instantly when they run from a fight in RSCR (It should be 3 seconds before you can shoot your opponent again).

A new highscore will be released shortly aswell, where you can compare user vs user etc..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The platinum card is a stackable card meaning; using it together with a regular subscription (Gold, Silver or Bronze) will give you the highest subscriber benefit.
ow at
The platinum card will last for 30 days when it's activated.

What about attacking to the player if someone shoots magic or ranged while opponent runs? U cannot now attack if someone shoots ranged or magic at the same time, but i guess u already knew this, i cannot remember if its like this on RSC or not, correct me if im wrong.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/teamfin.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kwas Send PM

subscriber

Global timeout doesn't work, also.

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

By the large amout of gold subs in game id assume the option to trade up 2 golds for a platinum is coming?

dddz said:

Paysafe, Ideal, SMS payment

sms payment sucks on rscr's end as the sms gateways typicaly charge 30-60% fee if you are not billing millions a year threw it, and it has a even worse fraudrate than paypal/creditcard.
versus paypal taking under 0,2$ on a 10$ transaction.

But overall 15$ month for gold+plat as they stack, way to go for maximum profit!
With the overall service and quality provided id be embarrassed charging that.

Last edited by cruzader (23 Sep 2015 14:54)

Player avatar

666 Send PM

subscriber

Just another way of rising xp's.

I'm glad a don't waste time skilling.
This server keep promise we won't  rise the xp anymore, I guess their word arn't worth much.

Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

well u should be able to combine 2 gold subs to make a plat sub...

right click use gold sub with gold sub=plat sub created

same price combined as 1 plat sub....

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

PureStoner Send PM

subscriber

Stop  crying about the exp going up. If you don't like it, quit.