Login Server is Down -- Sorry for the delay

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

- I am not running the server from my 'bedroom', it's running on a dedicated server on OVH.

That explains all the lagspikes/dcing atleast, OVH is known as a shit host and popular mostly for seedboxes.
But its dirt cheap and that is the only reason anybody use them, despite of the low quality.

Fate said:

I will make an automatic restart script, which will restart the server every 2 days.

Why not make it evry newyears while at it?
The script needs to check if login server is up and issue restart when needed, not just every 2days.

no offence, but is this your first experience within IT/servers? and are you studying IT or farming?

Last edited by cruzader (11 May 2015 12:18)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

cruzader said:

Fate said:

- I am not running the server from my 'bedroom', it's running on a dedicated server on OVH.

That explains all the lagspikes/dcing atleast, OVH is known as a shit host and popular mostly for seedboxes.
But its dirt cheap and that is the only reason anybody use them, despite of the low quality.

Fate said:

I will make an automatic restart script, which will restart the server every 2 days.

Why not make it evry newyears while at it?
The script needs to check if login server is up and issue restart when needed, not just every 2days.

no offence, but is this your first experience within IT/servers? and are you studying IT or farming?

OVH is not bad, maybe 1-2 years ago, I don't know.. But what I do know is that their DDoS protection is very strong and the dedicated server we have from them is great.
What is a dirt cheap price for you?

No i'm not studying IT/Servers, im studying farming as you said smile

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

Their SP64 quad/64gb they offer at a 70$ start, about half of the hosts with a far better rep.
As for their DDoS they have a trackrecord of kicking out customers that do get ddosed more than they like, something ive experienced myself also.
On the large hosting forums like WHT you will find a ton of horrible OVH reviews, generaly more than from any other host.

dirt cheap to me is when hardware is dumped at 30% or more below reputable hosts.
The only host with a good rep that generaly dumps price way below market and keeping quality tends to be hetzner on expired contracts (on most of their DCs atleast).

Last edited by cruzader (11 May 2015 13:21)

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

JediMindTrix said:

or at least be able to personally contact them 24/7 as admin. skype/text/phone ect....common sense approach when running a business.

this.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

stevodagreat said:

why do u think i dont spend money here nemore. n0m and fate never check when they start to lose ppl they do something for a week or 2 then stop again... they dont care about us all they want is our donations...

yup. they are never online.. fate even tried to sell the server lol

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

cruzader said:

Their SP64 quad/64gb they offer at a 70$ start, about half of the hosts with a far better rep.
As for their DDoS they have a trackrecord of kicking out customers that do get ddosed more than they like, something ive experienced myself also.
On the large hosting forums like WHT you will find a ton of horrible OVH reviews, generaly more than from any other host.

dirt cheap to me is when hardware is dumped at 30% or more below reputable hosts.
The only host with a good rep that generaly dumps price way below market and keeping quality tends to be hetzner on expired contracts (on most of their DCs atleast).

We have tried several hosts like Staminus, Blacklotus, Sharktech etc.. None of them could handle the DDoS attacks we were recieving, the only one successfully handling the attacks have been OVH.

The support at OVH is usually what people complain about, though everytime I have contacted them they have answered within 1-2 hours with a proper answer.

Most of the bad reviews (before I decided to order from them) where posts created back in 2010-2011.

If i'm not mistaken, turnip were on a Hetzner box and they switched to OVH recently due to bad performance.

adidas said:

stevodagreat said:

why do u think i dont spend money here nemore. n0m and fate never check when they start to lose ppl they do something for a week or 2 then stop again... they dont care about us all they want is our donations...

yup. they are never online.. fate even tried to sell the server lol

A few months back I asked Rusty if he wanted to buy and keep RSCRevolution running due to me being very busy. I changed my mind and are not planning to sell it.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

What is the going rate for rsc servers?
Same as most games with positive cashflow times 9-12?

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

Fate is a farmer? Cool.

I loved the farm kids in my school growing up. Good people.