Ban/Remove the support for programs that emulate Android OS system.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

It's been used quite a bit on this server and nothing has been done about it. People have been installing this on windows and installing your server's APK on to it. Why hasn't anything been done yet? It's constituted as cheating. Figure out how to track the use of this.. It's not difficult. If they tracked down the Pokemon GO users that used this method to emulate an android device. Coders need to get to work on finding a fix for this if it hasn't been already looked into.

Edit:

Also ban anyone caught using it to get the advantage.

Last edited by sosuke (11 Apr 2019 03:54)

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I agree. I do not doubt that this is happening as the unfair advantage from casting easier might be too good to pass up for PC users.

Anyways it is possible to fingerprint users by using Android's API. The following methods under the BUILD class can be used to identify a users phone type, manufacturer, Android version, etc. ( https://developer.android.com/reference … d/os/Build )

I am sure the information returned by these methods can be spoofed by the simulation software used. However, this is probably a step in the right direction.

Here is a very hacky/hardcoded solution found on stack overflow to detect Google emulator users:

public static boolean isEmulator() {
    return Build.FINGERPRINT.startsWith("generic")
            || Build.FINGERPRINT.startsWith("unknown")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("google_sdk")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("Emulator")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("Android SDK built for x86")
            || Build.MANUFACTURER.contains("Genymotion")
            || (Build.BRAND.startsWith("generic") && Build.DEVICE.startsWith("generic"))
            || "google_sdk".equals(Build.PRODUCT);
}

Using this function might not be the right way to go. Instead the proper solution is probably to store what the methods return into the snapshot database of each user. Later on, if cheating is suspected, mods can investigate these snapshots.

E N K O said:

I found humans alt

Why do you never have anything productive to say?

Last edited by Neox (11 Apr 2019 05:24)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

I don't know anyone doing this, but why would you consider this is bannable or something? Android users have a huge advantage when it comes to staking over PC players, it's basically stake botting what they do, can switch modes and items at the same time, same whilst they're DM'ing, they can lock the cast screen or w.e and inventory screen and can pretty much eat and cast without missing which is a huge advantage, if someone were able to do it on PC it'd only be fair in my opinion.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Jauroo said:

I don't know anyone doing this, but why would you consider this is bannable or something? Android users have a huge advantage when it comes to staking over PC players, it's basically stake botting what they do, can switch modes and items at the same time, same whilst they're DM'ing, they can lock the cast screen or w.e and inventory screen and can pretty much eat and cast without missing which is a huge advantage, if someone were able to do it on PC it'd only be fair in my opinion.

Exactly, just add the options to PC version too.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Jauroo said:

Allowing this on PC would make multiers nearly unstoppable. I do agree that android users have a casting advantage. However, that casting advantage is to make up for the disadvantages of playing on Android (harder right clicking, smaller screen makes accurate clicks/taps difficult, very hard to multi effectively).

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

Neox said:

Jauroo said:

Allowing this on PC would make multiers nearly unstoppable. I do agree that android users have a casting advantage. However, that casting advantage is to make up for the disadvantages of playing on Android (harder right clicking, smaller screen makes accurate clicks/taps difficult, very hard to multi effectively).

How would it make any difference to multi if you can only cast one on client? It just makes it 2 actions to cast instead of 3, yes there's less distance for the mouse to move to cast but that doesn't make multilogging easy, multi is actually quite difficult

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Neox said:

Jauroo said:

And even if PC users use this, they still won't have the same staking advantage as droid users do. Pretty much same with the casting/eating, so i don't really see any problem here at all.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

N E 1 P K said:

Neox said:

Jauroo said:

How would it make any difference to multi if you can only cast one on client? It just makes it 2 actions to cast instead of 3, yes there's less distance for the mouse to move to cast but that doesn't make multilogging easy, multi is actually quite difficult

That's exactly my point. Having one less action required on one client will allow you to use the time saved to manage your other characters a lot better. A lot can be done in the split second saved from not having to click your spell book. Multiply all those split seconds by the number of casts done in a single fight and you will have a lot of time saved that would be used to manage your other clients. It doesn't make multi easy but it makes multi easier.

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Jauroo said:

Lying introduction.

Too many players are dong this at fort it's obvious.

Castle died due to multi.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

cunnilingus11 said:

Jauroo said:

Lying introduction.

Castle died due to 90% of the pkers who have pked in the past 12 years have quit the game. Fort is alive because theres 2 teams other team is skillers who dont multi. Same people are the ones who multi in fort if anyone. If everyone had the ability to multi/PK actively on all levels castle would be popping.

Btw, what i said has nothing to do with fort, so idk what you're trying to say.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

Neox said:

N E 1 P K said:

Neox said:

That's exactly my point. Having one less action required on one client will allow you to use the time saved to manage your other characters a lot better. A lot can be done in the split second saved from not having to click your spell book. Multiply all those split seconds by the number of casts done in a single fight and you will have a lot of time saved that would be used to manage your other clients. It doesn't make multi easy but it makes multi easier.

Mate have you ever even PK'd or tried to multi log ha

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

I can confirm it is being used. I have talked about this with 2 people who have/are using it on discord. First heard about it at the end of last year. Using it to stake on PC should be allowed. There is no point to stake on PC at all with a clear disadvatnage. DMs PC vs android, android users have a clear advantage as well so its not a huge cheat to equal things out. PKing on PC with an android emulator however gives you a huge advantage.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Jauroo said:

cunnilingus11 said:

Jauroo said:

Lying introduction.

Castle died due to 90% of the pkers who have pked in the past 12 years have quit the game. Fort is alive because theres 2 teams other team is skillers who dont multi. Same people are the ones who multi in fort if anyone. If everyone had the ability to multi/PK actively on all levels castle would be popping.

Btw, what i said has nothing to do with fort, so idk what you're trying to say.

Jauroo is so right about the part where he says having access to chars/gear would make everyone multi PK.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

This method isn't safe and should be frowned on. Especially when you can automate what you do whist using your keyboard keys as short cuts. Ban anyone caught using this now. It's already been proven that it has its use in multi logging in directed 1ip zones.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

If you can automate any action using shortcuts on your keyboard(keys etc) you need to disable this feature.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

Neox said:

I agree. I do not doubt that this is happening as the unfair advantage from casting easier might be too good to pass up for PC users.

Anyways it is possible to fingerprint users by using Android's API. The following methods under the BUILD class can be used to identify a users phone type, manufacturer, Android version, etc. ( https://developer.android.com/reference … d/os/Build )

I am sure the information returned by these methods can be spoofed by the simulation software used. However, this is probably a step in the right direction.

Here is a very hacky/hardcoded solution found on stack overflow to detect Google emulator users:

public static boolean isEmulator() {
    return Build.FINGERPRINT.startsWith("generic")
            || Build.FINGERPRINT.startsWith("unknown")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("google_sdk")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("Emulator")
            || Build.MODEL.contains("Android SDK built for x86")
            || Build.MANUFACTURER.contains("Genymotion")
            || (Build.BRAND.startsWith("generic") && Build.DEVICE.startsWith("generic"))
            || "google_sdk".equals(Build.PRODUCT);
}

Using this function might not be the right way to go. Instead the proper solution is probably to store what the methods return into the snapshot database of each user. Later on, if cheating is suspected, mods can investigate these snapshots.

E N K O said:

I found humans alt

Why do you never have anything productive to say?

Hopefully they take a look at your code and lay the hammer down and diminish any use of automating/multi logging inside 1ip zones using these methods. Ban anyone caught using it.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

sosuke said:

This method isn't safe and should be frowned on. Especially when you can automate what you do whist using your keyboard keys as short cuts. Ban anyone caught using this now. It's already been proven that it has its use in multi logging in directed 1ip zones.

Tell the staff who are using this and when, they can see your mac address and what devices you're on and what not, if someone is doing it on PC they'll easily get caught. If they're doing it on mobile and PC, that's harder to catch. Seems like some of you people have no clue what you're talking about. Same shit if i'd say remove the tap to cast on android and remove the ability to lock the inventory, or ban anyone whos using android to PK or stake. Jesus. This doesn't give anyone any real advantage, unlike android has a HUGE advantage when it comes to staking, and i'm really curious to know who actually uses this for pking lol besides ''i've talked to some people'' If you've talked to some people and you have a problem with people abusing 1ip rule, confront the staff about it and report them, problem solved?

This is why 1IP overall is a shit rule there will always be new ways to get around it and people cry so much about wanting 1ip but then they'll cry when they THINK someone, maybe 1 out of 50 is abusing it, get used to it theres always ways around it and always will be..

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

sosuke said:

With this same logic you could say ban anyone who is using Android, and  PC to PK at times. It's already been proven that it has its use in multi logging directed in 1ip zones.

How damn stupid can some people be.

Lemme guess, you're a droid player, and you don't PK at all, but you would, if people wouldn't ''abuse'' 1ip rule, right?

Player avatar

Oprah123 Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

Right click your chest in the corner. You can lock your inventory open on pc..

I agree. I would consider droid emulators a 3rd party client to improve your game from what it is. It should be a bannable offence if using it. There is no reason someone should have hotkeys to eat and or switch from one weapon to another when pking. That makes catching crazy easy and i wouldn't put it past most of these "great catchers" to be using it. ALSO, when one logs into a droid emulator your ip and or mac address is changed so one can enter a one ip zone on two clients if one chooses to do that. This could be where we are running into multi in fort. Fix one problem and it could fix alot.

ZxAxR

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Oprah123 said:

Jauroo said:

Right click your chest in the corner. You can lock your inventory open on pc..

I agree. I would consider droid emulators a 3rd party client to improve your game from what it is. It should be a bannable offence if using it. There is no reason someone should have hotkeys to eat and or switch from one weapon to another when pking. That makes catching crazy easy and i wouldn't put it past most of these "great catchers" to be using it. ALSO, when one logs into a droid emulator your ip and or mac address is changed so one can enter a one ip zone on two clients if one chooses to do that. This could be where we are running into multi in fort. Fix one problem and it could fix alot.

So, i'd be allowed to use a stake bot on PC then? I'm curious how many people actually use this shit. Probably less than a handful. Maybe now you have more people trying it, but for the past months, there has been people using android and pc at the same time to multi in fort, pretty much mainly from your team, but theres no problem with that is there.. big_smile only real problem seems to be the fucking 1ip in general since there is always ways to get around it

Last edited by Jauroo (11 Apr 2019 17:20)