Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

Stolt Archer said:

Perfect, cheap ass swordies

nailed it

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

batching for the lose.  if batching was removed that player would either be botting or just fishing on one player or not fishing at all.

batching is great but there is a prime example of why it sucks.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

rofl thats some insane dedication, bet thats a nightmare to bank those I used to struggle with 4

batching for the win. cheap fish om nom nom, go swing your pickaxe at a rock instead or something

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he’ll feed the entire server for a lifetime...

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

but without batching, fish prices would be ridiculously high and there wouldn't really be much of a PK scene compared to now, so nobody to sell fish to

Player avatar

Deer243 Send PM

Pink and Blue Bottles said:

rofl thats some insane dedication, bet thats a nightmare to bank those I used to struggle with 4

batching for the win. cheap fish om nom nom, go swing your pickaxe at a rock instead or something

Shoot man running two was annoying for me. Couldn't stand it for more than an hour at a time. If this dude can run all those without going nuts, props.

Also agreed on batching. Pking is expensive enough, we don't need 1k ea swordies.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Batching is awesome.  Don't like what they're doing? Do it too then.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Logic4 Send PM

anybody can do that, hes just smart

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

what's wrong with this, he's put in work to fish on multiple account at once, you're probably upset because you're playing on droid and compete, ammm i rite ?

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

If you don't like it, play the ironman mode wink

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Synesthesic said:

Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he’ll feed the entire server for a lifetime...

Made me giggle.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
RSC - gone, but never forgotten.

Player avatar

AlexGamer Send PM

Nah, if you have the patience and dedication to do this more power to you.

It's just his naming scheme. He has a bunch of miners named in the same fashion. If he had named them randomly, and it just looked like a pile of people, nobody would say a dang thing.

[img=y u no load signature]https://i.imgur.com/igdZKbC.png[/img]

Player avatar

well looks like ur the only one saying fhk this @op

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

what's wrong with this, he's put in work to fish on multiple account at once, you're probably upset because you're playing on droid and compete, ammm i rite ?

Close. I do play on Droid but multi logging to this extend was never allowed in orginal RS.

I don't compete, I just feel like there are much more cons to allowing multi logging to this extent. Goal is to provide the best environment and gameplay to keep a good consistent community. New players may never come back
Due to multi botters

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Yes because anyone can make 20 accs. Forum accs any accs. Use methods to scam and betray in-game etc... Not to mention after while any new players we can obtain to increase server activity end up quitting because of this fact. The ones that don't have to beat em or join em attitude. Kind of shitty atmosphere.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

skillystr said:

New players may never come back
Due to multi botters

There's an important difference between playing actively on multiple accounts and 'botting', or using third party software or other methods to automate play. What may, ironically, prevent new players from returning might in fact be the constant complaints on the forum or in the global chat about people 'botting'. Players and all their activities are very closely monitored, and botting is not only strictly against the server's rules, but also a dumb thing to do on such a well-staffed small server which has many people who care deeply (at least to some extent) about the server and its community. You'll get caught soon enough. As a result, there's hardly any, if any, players botting, and those who do are the ones you find in the 'Ban Appeal' section wink
Contribute to the positive attitude which sets this server apart from all other versions of rscrevolution, and you'll find new people staying around soon enough. Be helpful to other players, respect them no matter how they wish to play the game (they may wish to train or pk on several accounts at once for an extra challenge), how familiar they are with rscrevolution or how good they are at getting people fuggen berried in wild. Small acts of kindness will definitely go a long way, since you will meet most players regularly, given the modest amount of active players. Best to be on friendly terms with most. If you have feedback or are unhappy for one reason or another, it's best not to spam it in global or on the forums, as that will affect the experience of the those who do enjoy playing on this server. There's plenty of ways to reach staff members personally, through Discord or private messages.

skillystr said:

Yes because anyone can make 20 accs. Forum accs any accs. Use methods to scam and betray in-game etc... Not to mention after while any new players we can obtain to increase server activity end up quitting because of this fact. The ones that don't have to beat em or join em attitude. Kind of shitty atmosphere.

You can play just fine on a single account. In fact, many players do, from what I can tell. If you're not happy with the economy or xp-rates, there's ironman and veteran mode. Although the vast amount of fishing (or any other) alts do influence the economy, so do those very few individuals who are aiming for 200m exp in either of those skills, when they dump their 100k+ stacks of items in ah. That's just part of the game. Besides, I bet a considerable portion of those people using tons of alts don't even have much time to spare playing the game anyway. Multi-logging mostly scares off potential new PvP-ers, due to the amount of old pkers using a plethora of accounts to hunt people down in wild. For that reason, certain areas have been limited to 1-ip. Yes, it does not completely eliminate all multi-loggers from those areas, but going through all the efford of circumventing the restriction will only get you into trouble.
Aside from all that, most hardboiled PvPers seem to be very passionate about multilogging in multi wild, so removing that might in some way negatively impact the PvP scene. It's just one part of it.

Overall I don't think of it as a bad thing. Some PvPers are already begging for pk-supplies to become available for purchase via the website (I am very much against that idea). The many alts at least keep the prices of those pk-supplies low to some extent. And, of course, it will eventually balance out. Prices eventually hit a point at which there's little point in farming more of an item. Fish can't be converted to gp as efficiently as, say, magic logs, therefore it's not such a huge deal per se to have a bunch of those entering the economy. alchables such as rune equipment and magic longbows have much more of an impact on the entire economy.
Sorry for the rant, lol.
Edit: Oh jesus... I didn't expect it to be this long. Oops?

Last edited by Vinkie (27 Oct 2018 21:32)

Player avatar

Vinkie said:

skillystr said:

New players may never come back
Due to multi botters

There's an important difference between playing actively on multiple accounts and 'botting', or using third party software or other methods to automate play. What may, ironically, prevent new players from returning might in fact be the constant complaints on the forum or in the global chat about people 'botting'. Players and all their activities are very closely monitored, and botting is not only strictly against the server's rules, but also a dumb thing to do on such a well-staffed small server which has many people who care deeply (at least to some extent) about the server and its community. You'll get caught soon enough. As a result, there's hardly any, if any, players botting, and those who do are the ones you find in the 'Ban Appeal' section wink
Contribute to the positive attitude which sets this server apart from all other versions of rscrevolution, and you'll find new people staying around soon enough. Be helpful to other players, respect them no matter how they wish to play the game (they may wish to train or pk on several accounts at once for an extra challenge), how familiar they are with rscrevolution or how good they are at getting people fuggen berried in wild. Small acts of kindness will definitely go a long way, since you will meet most players regularly, given the modest amount of active players. Best to be on friendly terms with most. If you have feedback or are unhappy for one reason or another, it's best not to spam it in global or on the forums, as that will affect the experience of the those who do enjoy playing on this server. There's plenty of ways to reach staff members personally, through Discord or private messages.

skillystr said:

You can play just fine on a single account. In fact, many players do, from what I can tell. If you're not happy with the economy or xp-rates, there's ironman and veteran mode. Although the vast amount of fishing (or any other) alts do influence the economy, so do those very few individuals who are aiming for 200m exp in either of those skills, when they dump their 100k+ stacks of items in ah. That's just part of the game. Besides, I bet a considerable portion of those people using tons of alts don't even have much time to spare playing the game anyway. Multi-logging mostly scares off potential new PvP-ers, due to the amount of old pkers using a plethora of accounts to hunt people down in wild. For that reason, certain areas have been limited to 1-ip. Yes, it does not completely eliminate all multi-loggers from those areas, but going through all the efford of circumventing the restriction will only get you into trouble.
Aside from all that, most hardboiled PvPers seem to be very passionate about multilogging in multi wild, so removing that might in some way negatively impact the PvP scene. It's just one part of it.

Overall I don't think of it as a bad thing. Some PvPers are already begging for pk-supplies to become available for purchase via the website (I am very much against that idea). The many alts at least keep the prices of those pk-supplies low to some extent. And, of course, it will eventually balance out. Prices eventually hit a point at which there's little point in farming more of an item. Fish can't be converted to gp as efficiently as, say, magic logs, therefore it's not such a huge deal per se to have a bunch of those entering the economy. alchables such as rune equipment and magic longbows have much more of an impact on the entire economy.
Sorry for the rant, lol.
Edit: Oh jesus... I didn't expect it to be this long. Oops?

Great post

Player avatar

AxisFreak Send PM

subscriber

skillystr said:

I agree with skilly on this. This is a poison to our community.  We need to limit accounts like this. At what point do we call this spamming? Its ridiculous. And as for ppl saying "its because youre mobile huh? I use a laptop and still think this is ridiculous. Do we shit on an entire playerbase using mobile like that? Sooo fucked up. No wonder we are losing players. Such a disadvantage and no way at all for them to make up for the difference. This is a problem. STOP IGNORING IT SO YOUR FOOD IS CHEAPER WHILE YOU MULTI 4 ACCNTS AT ONCE IN THE WILD.

For the people saying Go UsE IrOn MaN..... That has numerous disadvantages in itself compared to the normal game and is an entirely different experience.

Also stating that multi accnting is just part of the wild.... Yeah it sure is... And thats why we have a shrinking player base of pkers. Nobody wants to get shit on by 4 accounts. No new players want to do this... And before you say "just go to the one ip zone" thats a joke and you know it. Barely anybody fights at varrock because they want to multi on 4 accounts to take advantage of the new players that havent spent 2 years lvling accounts on here. Once again this is why theres  always posts on this forum about nobody pking anymore..hmmm i wonder why?

Stop making this a voting issue. Because all the pkers w multi accounts are always going to band together and vote to keep it multi logging in wild as they are the majority vocal players on the forums.... New players dont participate in the forums or votes nearly as much.

Last edited by AxisFreak (28 Dec 2018 08:29)

She called me a D Square so I gave her that D Long