What's your most fond RSC memory?

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

Back when Varrock was the shit and we organized "a rune drop party". Ended up with like 1000 people following us in a parade to some upstairs room next to the east bank with like 4 squares. Then we dropped 1 of each rune used for spells. It was fun when most were still pretty young and fell for all kinds of shit big_smile.
Like selling some useless quest item that most people haven't seen. In one spot you sell it for x amount and your friend is buying it just out of the chat range for 2x price.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

First time doing dragon slayer. After years of screwing around I somehow got myself pimped out in full addy. liquidated my scrawny bank for it, just to be sure.  A friend lent me his rune kiteshield (gasp!) So I felt all beast and ready to kill a dragon or two. Nearly got one-shot, shat myself. Thought the stats on the anti dragon shield were rather weak so I left it in my bank. I was quick to learn, however.

Player avatar

Pr Send PM

PKing in early 2001.

Big load Send PM

Chubby Mike said:

I remember a guy droptrading items. I picked it all up and then he started berating me. I really liked the black legs so I didnt give them back but I gave back the red party hat and certs. Next day I told my classmates what had happened and they told me red party hat was like 300k.

Friend told me that you can keep 3 items on death when you go to wilderness and I lost all my items, was sad and confused.

Placing Nokia 3310 on the spacebar to avoid logging out AFK training in graveyard.

Getting lost in Al Kharid. Thought Ill never find a way out.

Telling people to drop something and press Alt+F4 actually worked some of the time.

Man, hunting drop traders was super fun. The top drop trade spots were behind varrock west bank or behind the museum. PPL were never slick about it. It was so easy to spot. I made alot of money.  I remember seeing a suspected drop trader behind varrock west bank and my brother told me to wait a few more seconds before walking up and then a pink party hat and a black skirt appeared and I missed it.  I still remember the guys name. "Mp3 player"

Last edited by Big load (29 Sep 2018 07:02)

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Lostmycandy Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Spending days mining iron east of Varrock to finally earn a R2h.
Buying coal certs for 500gp and selling them immediately for 1000gp to my regulars.
Drop trading north of Varrock east bank and hanging out to snatch other drop traders goods. (Behind the museum like others have sad)
Sitting in the mage guild buying nature runes from the shop for huge profits.

Player avatar

ThoughtJunky Send PM

This entire thread is gold. I like you guys already.

2001 I was eleven years old. My very first character I made female named hotsexmaster, catfished a bunch of guys into giving me rune items to be their rs gf, then ignore and switch worlds.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

ThoughtJunky said:

This entire thread is gold. I like you guys already.

2001 I was eleven years old. My very first character I made female named hotsexmaster, catfished a bunch of guys into giving me rune items to be their rs gf, then ignore and switch worlds.

Oh hey, Can I get my rune set back pls?

Best Ninja

Player avatar

ThoughtJunky Send PM

Shinobi said:

Oh Hi babe! Sorry I haven't been online lately. My computer stopped working, the repair man said it needs a new hard drive, but I'm broke and can't afford to fix it. I just need $100. If you could send that to me via Western Union, I can get back online and we can private chat all night long! Oh boy I'm getting wet just thinking about it! You want to help me don't you pumpkin?

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

ThoughtJunky said:

Shinobi said:

Oh Hi babe! Sorry I haven't been online lately. My computer stopped working, the repair man said it needs a new hard drive, but I'm broke and can't afford to fix it. I just need $100. If you could send that to me via Western Union, I can get back online and we can private chat all night long! Oh boy I'm getting wet just thinking about it! You want to help me don't you pumpkin?

*Barfs*

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

one of my most fond memories was doing underground passage to get klanks.  i'll never forget that stupid quest.

I was rather fond of luring the bots picking up bronze arrows just outside of the p2p edgy dungeons down to their deaths at the moss giants.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

skillystr said:

ThoughtJunky said:

Shinobi said:

*Barfs*

People actually used to do this shit. Ronald / Famme had an army of people farming teen chat rooms, using autotypers and getting people to SMS the rscrevolution pin line thinking they are gonna get nudes, fucked up shit

Player avatar

outbreakcity Send PM

watching lvl 36 duel high level combat guys and destroying them with guthix claw at cabbage wall near draynor.

Player avatar

AlexGamer Send PM

It was during the first re-opening of RSC in 2009. I fell in love immediately. I was on vacation at my grandparents house, and they had this SUPER old Windows 2000 running laptop. I snuck it into my room, and mined copper ore all night via dial up.
Couldn't do anything else online, heck we didn't even have cell phone service there in those days.

But I could play Classic.

[img=y u no load signature]https://i.imgur.com/igdZKbC.png[/img]