1 ip day into the server rotation for the wilderness

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

9/10 if you see another flats at castle and attack you'll be multied or teamed. 1 IP isn't gonna help that. Unfortunately there's no easy fix.

Player avatar

lvl 3 chicken Send PM

Badboy666 said:

meh 50/50 on this. We can re-try.... but we already tried it, all it did is kill wild, cuz people didnt 1-trained(and defended with alts)/2-held hotspot/3- did whatever need alts in wild these days.

Maybe it's worst since Legacy accounts came into play (waaaay more accounts), but we could try and I doubt it will work better.

I for one, would not play on 1ip days. I can't stand playing 1 account, when I can multi many... it just gets boring (holding hotspot while pking, picking white berries, mining rune ore, checking fort, checking castle, training at range guild, getting d bones from greens, etc.). I usually do at least 2-3 of these tasks simultaneously, so I have no interest in 1ip days. It's a 18 years old game, no way I'll pass a day ONLY picking white berries, and give up PK'ing same time... It's just ignorant. Since 2002, RSC has been multi, why the fuck should we go back in time.I understand the multi Pking thing, but it kills every other purpose of wilderness.

The 1ip section may need a revamp to gather new players (maybe replicate 1ip VS not 1ip parts, but then again, unsure... it just splits player count, which is already as low as it can get...)

The whole idea of the 1 ip thing is to stop people from using multiple accounts at one time to pk in the same area. You would still be able to hold hotspot while picking white berries, mining etc but you just wouldn't be able to bring 2 characters within a certain radius at one time, as this would give those a chance who don't have multiple accounts to pk without instantly getting driven out of the wilderness by somebody who has an advantage using multiple accounts.

I have quite a considerable list of chars and multi on a daily basis in order to stand a chance against the vast majority of other pkers, however I am for this as I think it may do the pking scene some good and may get many of the people who don't pk due to multi back into the wilderness.

I do however think it should be a bit different to the current 1 ip areas, where you can't bring another char into the area until your other char has been cleared for 5 mins.

I think maybe we should be able to get into the area after 20-30 seconds of the other char being cleared, otherwise if the 5 minute rule is applied I think this would be very boring and would most probably do more harm than good. The whole idea behind this is to stop people from "multi'ing", so it's to stop people from using multiple chars at one time - for example melee + rangers, or a melee char that's ready to instantly pj the guy whose about to drop your other account. So instead of having the 5 minute timer like at fort and in east wild, just make it so u cant log in to 2 chars within the same area, however if you die to somebody 10 levels higher for example, you obviously have to wait for the timer after death on that character, however you only need to wait 20-30 seconds and you can log in to an alt that's 10 levels higher than this guy to give him a taste of his own medicine, considering he hasn't already ran off. The 1 ip 20-30 second timer would prevent people from using more than one account at any given time, give people the chance to pick up the items and run,  would prevent people from being able to pj on another account immediately after dying, and if being teamed on would give the player chance to at least try and make an escape before the guy who he killed can come and rejoin in the fight.

So instead of making it the same 1 ip rule as fort and east wild, maybe just slightly tweak it so that a player cannot use two accounts in the same area at the same time, and maybe just put a 20-30 second timer so that the player can still jump on alts but won't have the advantage of being able to log in immediately right next to where he died and pj. I think having the 5 minute timer would do more harm than good, as it would be so boring going to castle on say a level 60, to get dropped by a lvl 70, only to find that if you want to get back quickly you have to go back on your level 60 after waiting for the zeonk timer, or wait 5 minutes to go get revenge on your level 80. Make it so you can still use alts but can't multi as such, and can't log straight into the area or port into the area using zeonk until after a short period (20-30 seconds??)

I'd like to hear everybodys opinion on this, but I think a modified 1 ip area which doesn't allow you to use two characters in the area at the same time, but also doesn't have a 5 minute timer like the other ip area, so you can still jump on alts but have to wait 20-30 seconds before going in, giving the player who killed you a chance to pick up the loot and get away.

Obviously this wouldn't prevent teaming as teaming has always been a part of rscrevolution Classic and always will, however it would at least prevent people from multi'ing and would therefore give all the players who won't pk due to multi a chance again.

Last edited by lvl 3 chicken (14 Jul 2018 14:03)

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

lvl 3 chicken said:

Badboy666 said:

meh 50/50 on this. We can re-try.... but we already tried it, all it did is kill wild, cuz people didnt 1-trained(and defended with alts)/2-held hotspot/3- did whatever need alts in wild these days.

Maybe it's worst since Legacy accounts came into play (waaaay more accounts), but we could try and I doubt it will work better.

I for one, would not play on 1ip days. I can't stand playing 1 account, when I can multi many... it just gets boring (holding hotspot while pking, picking white berries, mining rune ore, checking fort, checking castle, training at range guild, getting d bones from greens, etc.). I usually do at least 2-3 of these tasks simultaneously, so I have no interest in 1ip days. It's a 18 years old game, no way I'll pass a day ONLY picking white berries, and give up PK'ing same time... It's just ignorant. Since 2002, RSC has been multi, why the fuck should we go back in time.I understand the multi Pking thing, but it kills every other purpose of wilderness.

The 1ip section may need a revamp to gather new players (maybe replicate 1ip VS not 1ip parts, but then again, unsure... it just splits player count, which is already as low as it can get...)

The whole idea of the 1 ip thing is to stop people from using multiple accounts at one time to pk in the same area. You would still be able to hold hotspot while picking white berries, mining etc but you just wouldn't be able to bring 2 characters within a certain radius at one time, as this would give those a chance who don't have multiple accounts to pk without instantly getting driven out of the wilderness by somebody who has an advantage using multiple accounts.

I have quite a considerable list of chars and multi on a daily basis in order to stand a chance against the vast majority of other pkers, however I am for this as I think it may do the pking scene some good and may get many of the people who don't pk due to multi back into the wilderness.

I do however think it should be a bit different to the current 1 ip areas, where you can't bring another char into the area until your other char has been cleared for 5 mins.

I think maybe we should be able to get into the area after 20-30 seconds of the other char being cleared, otherwise if the 5 minute rule is applied I think this would be very boring and would most probably do more harm than good. The whole idea behind this is to stop people from "multi'ing", so it's to stop people from using multiple chars at one time - for example melee + rangers, or a melee char that's ready to instantly pj the guy whose about to drop your other account. So instead of having the 5 minute timer like at fort and in east wild, just make it so u cant log in to 2 chars within the same area, however if you die to somebody 10 levels higher for example, you obviously have to wait for the timer after death on that character, however you only need to wait 20-30 seconds and you can log in to an alt that's 10 levels higher than this guy to give him a taste of his own medicine, considering he hasn't already ran off. The 1 ip 20-30 second timer would prevent people from using more than one account at any given time, give people the chance to pick up the items and run,  would prevent people from being able to pj on another account immediately after dying, and if being teamed on would give the player chance to at least try and make an escape before the guy who he killed can come and rejoin in the fight.

So instead of making it the same 1 ip rule as fort and east wild, maybe just slightly tweak it so that a player cannot use two accounts in the same area at the same time, and maybe just put a 20-30 second timer so that the player can still jump on alts but won't have the advantage of being able to log in immediately right next to where he died and pj. I think having the 5 minute timer would do more harm than good, as it would be so boring going to castle on say a level 60, to get dropped by a lvl 70, only to find that if you want to get back quickly you have to go back on your level 60 after waiting for the zeonk timer, or wait 5 minutes to go get revenge on your level 80. Make it so you can still use alts but can't multi as such, and can't log straight into the area or port into the area using zeonk until after a short period (20-30 seconds??)

I'd like to hear everybodys opinion on this, but I think a modified 1 ip area which doesn't allow you to use two characters in the area at the same time, but also doesn't have a 5 minute timer like the other ip area, so you can still jump on alts but have to wait 20-30 seconds before going in, giving the player who killed you a chance to pick up the loot and get away.

Obviously this wouldn't prevent teaming as teaming has always been a part of rscrevolution Classic and always will, however it would at least prevent people from multi'ing and would therefore give all the players who won't pk due to multi a chance again.

All im going to say is 1ip has killed _every_ server _every_ time it has been implemented. The 40 pkers who are left will most likely stop playing, and the selected 1-5 players who constantly  cry over forums will pk for a day or two, and then they realize they don't stand a chance against a team of 8 unique players teaming them which will happen, and they'll just quit, meanwhile pkers move back to the other server for the 10th time. There is already 2 1IP zones in the wildy, and there is NO ACTION, if you so damn much want 1 IP to be implemented and shit, why aren't you pking there ? ... 1 IP is stupid because there is always ways for people to abuse it, but i'd say having 1 ip once per week wouldn't be that bad, even though pking would probably be dead as hell. Remove 1IP from fort area and re-do the whole fort so there would be something for people to actually fight over.

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

Honestly no fix for this other than teams splitting up and making smaller teams to fight against. But... We all know that won't happen. It's funny how the answer is right infront of us, but no one wants to stop teaming with each other. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Last edited by Tragic (14 Jul 2018 14:59)

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

1ip one day a week as a tester to see how it fairs, otherwise the pk scene won't grow as new players are simply overwhelmed in a 4v1 and are probably never to be seen again.

Player avatar

lvl 3 chicken Send PM

Jauro2 said:

lvl 3 chicken said:

Badboy666 said:

All im going to say is 1ip has killed _every_ server _every_ time it has been implemented. The 40 pkers who are left will most likely stop playing, and the selected 1-5 players who constantly  cry over forums will pk for a day or two, and then they realize they don't stand a chance against a team of 8 unique players teaming them which will happen, and they'll just quit, meanwhile pkers move back to the other server for the 10th time. There is already 2 1IP zones in the wildy, and there is NO ACTION, if you so damn much want 1 IP to be implemented and shit, why aren't you pking there ? ... 1 IP is stupid because there is always ways for people to abuse it, but i'd say having 1 ip once per week wouldn't be that bad, even though pking would probably be dead as hell. Remove 1IP from fort area and re-do the whole fort so there would be something for people to actually fight over.

I am not referring to the standard 1 ip system that you assume I am, please take the time to read what I said. I wasn't around when 1 ip was trialed and failed before so can't say anything about that, but I'm assuming its the same old 1 ip system thats used at fort and east wild. My suggestion is a slightly different system to cater for both those who have multiple chars and those who don't.

"if you so damn much want 1 IP to be implemented and shit, why aren't you pking there ?" I don't so damn much want 1 ip to be implemented, why do you assume this? this is merely a suggestion. Please take the time to read my post properly before making the assumption that i "so damn much want 1 ip". I have no problem pking at the minute as I multi myself and have a big list of chars, however there has been nobody to pk and this is a suggestion to get people who cry about multi pking again... And you're wondering why people aren't pking in the 1 ip zones... well because castle is the main spot for pking on a broad range of levels... Even so; I think the current 1 ip system in certain areas of the wild with the 5 minute timer aren't very good, and that's why I've made my suggestion.

You state that theres always ways for people to abuse the ip system, and yes I agree that people could use a droid and pc to have 2 characters in the area at the same time, but try multi'ing using your phone and pc at the same time, lol.

Once again the suggestion was made to prevent people such as myself from multi'ing (using multiple rangers or chars to pj with), mainly at castle on low levels in an attempt to bring players back into the wild. It's the high level of multi'ing on a broad range of levels at castle that people are mainly complaining about. I'm pretty sure I've never even seen you pk on any level other than flats; and flats is what it is - It will always be ridiculous teams of noobs who will only fight when they can double number the opposing team.

I'm not complaining; pk is easy for me as I have so many chars and quite a considerable amount of allies. This is merely a suggestion to get those who are complaining back into the wild. Whatever happens ill adapt to the change...

Last edited by lvl 3 chicken (14 Jul 2018 16:10)

Player avatar

lvl 3 chicken Send PM

cunnilingus11 said:

1ip one day a week as a tester to see how it fairs, otherwise the pk scene won't grow as new players are simply overwhelmed in a 4v1 and are probably never to be seen again.

One of the reasons why i've made my suggestion, as at least if a new player comes into the wild and is 4v1'd, they aren't 4v1'd by multi which could technically make it 8v1+ if those 4 people log into just 1 other char each. At least it would stop this from happening and wouldn't make it as bad; although people are going to team and I don't think much can be really done about the teaming problem, unless something is done with the clan system in the sense that there is some sort of ranking / reward system put in place that entices people to fight all other clans and prevents them from teaming with any other clan. Something would also need to be done with people who aren't in a clan however as this would be the main loophole.

Last edited by lvl 3 chicken (14 Jul 2018 16:04)

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

lvl 3 chicken said:

Jauro2 said:

lvl 3 chicken said:

I am not referring to the standard 1 ip system that you assume I am, please take the time to read what I said. I wasn't around when 1 ip was trialed and failed before so can't say anything about that, but I'm assuming its the same old 1 ip system thats used at fort and east wild. My suggestion is a slightly different system to cater for both those who have multiple chars and those who don't.

"if you so damn much want 1 IP to be implemented and shit, why aren't you pking there ?" I don't so damn much want 1 ip to be implemented, why do you assume this? this is merely a suggestion. Please take the time to read my post properly before making the assumption that i "so damn much want 1 ip". I have no problem pking at the minute as I multi myself and have a big list of chars, however there has been nobody to pk and this is a suggestion to get people who cry about multi pking again... And you're wondering why people aren't pking in the 1 ip zones... well because castle is the main spot for pking on a broad range of levels... Even so; I think the current 1 ip system in certain areas of the wild with the 5 minute timer aren't very good, and that's why I've made my suggestion.

You state that theres always ways for people to abuse the ip system, and yes I agree that people could use a droid and pc to have 2 characters in the area at the same time, but try multi'ing using your phone and pc at the same time, lol.

Once again the suggestion was made to prevent people such as myself from multi'ing (using multiple rangers or chars to pj with), mainly at castle on low levels in an attempt to bring players back into the wild. It's the high level of multi'ing on a broad range of levels at castle that people are mainly complaining about. I'm pretty sure I've never even seen you pk on any level other than flats; and flats is what it is - It will always be ridiculous teams of noobs who will only fight when they can double number the opposing team.

I'm not complaining; pk is easy for me as I have so many chars and quite a considerable amount of allies. This is merely a suggestion to get those who are complaining back into the wild. Whatever happens ill adapt to the change...

Sorry, i wasn't trying to point what i said exactly towards you, but to everyone who constantly complain about they want the wilderness to be 1IP , but yet they are never seen in the 1ip side of the wilderness, ever. And yeah, i agree that castle is the main place where the pking happens, on other server we made a second replica of castle, split the wildy in half, other half being 1ip with castle and everything exactly as the other side, and other side didn't have any IP limits. NO1 pked at the 1ip side of the wildy. Players just quit lol. The 20-30 sec timer is way better than the 5mins. And yeah on here i only pk on flats since i have 2 chars of my own, and 2 flats of my friends that im allowed to use, and i have no problem pking with 4 flats against someone who has 30 flats. I would pk on lower levels but don't have the time and overall not interested to start training accounts for the 100th time. tongue

Only fix that would help even slightly is that the players would stop teaming with so many people, but that is never going to happen these days.

Last edited by Jauro2 (14 Jul 2018 16:28)

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

Has any server ever tried 1v1 section where you can't range/mage others, only the person you're fighting.

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

w4rmachine said:

Has any server ever tried 1v1 section where you can't range/mage others, only the person you're fighting.

We had that here it was recently removed, it was very un popular

Player avatar

Dunkonjordan23 Send PM

subscriber

This 1 ip  bs  is already ruining wild. Who are you anyway? Someone who will never use the wild for more than farming clues? Please stop trying 2 make it worse when it's already in bad shape.
How can u train an account while pk
How can u hold hotspot while agility?
How to farm green dragons and mine rune ?
How 2 train range and walk 2 reaper dungeon?
1ip  rule is very easy to break and it needs 2 be removed. The server doesn't have a good enough detection system to catch you in 1 ip unless caught red handed. I've been dealing with this problem for a while now.

+1nyx. It will not matter bigger 60 man team consisting of EstoniaSwedSwordzSoverignNYXPire
Are to big as is and u wanna remove multi. Lol who are u? Skillers  need not dictate the pk  scene anymore.

Last edited by Dunkonjordan23 (16 Jul 2018 06:39)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kk6e6Jq.png[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Dunkonjordan23 said:

This 1 ip  bs  is already ruining wild. Who are you anyway? Someone who will never use the wild for more than farming clues? Please stop trying 2 make it worse when it's already in bad shape.
How can u train an account while pk
How can u hold hotspot while agility?
How to farm green dragons and mine rune ?
How 2 train range and walk 2 reaper dungeon?
1ip  rule is very easy to break and it needs 2 be removed. The server doesn't have a good enough detection system to catch you in 1 ip unless caught red handed. I've been dealing with this problem for a while now.

+1nyx. It will not matter bigger 60 man team consisting of EstoniaSwedSwordzSoverignNYXPire
Are to big as is and u wanna remove multi. Lol who are u? Skillers  need not dictate the pk  scene anymore.

Lol turnip mad kid.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook