Quest Req Killing P2P Still

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

beatdown said:

Can't you see how selfish and narrowminded you are being?

This argument is literally the RSC questing version of gay-marriage

It doesn't effect you if 2 dudes get married somewhere else

Nor does it affect you if other people get to wear essential pking equipment without having to repeat the same quest 30 times or more... well actually, it may benefit fit you as some of the barriers to pking gets removed and could increase consumption

You are these selfish "just because" type of people and i despise you

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Can't you see how selfish and narrowminded you are being?

This argument is literally the RSC questing version of gay-marriage

It doesn't effect you if 2 dudes get married somewhere else

Nor does it affect you if other people get to wear essential pking equipment without having to repeat the same quest 30 times or more... well actually, it may benefit fit you as some of the barriers to pking gets removed and could increase consumption

You are these selfish "just because" type of people and i despise you

Yeah. That's actually a pretty fair point. It doesn't really affect me.

I guess the reason I feel strongly about this is because it feels like we're changing the fundamentals of the game. Turning the game into something it wasn't intended to be. To me, part of the intrigue of pking back in real rsc was that it took a fucking long ass time to make a pker. So when you saw a fully decked out rune pure with gaunts and everything, that shit was IMPRESSIVE. Plus, the people who were willing to put in the time to do the quests and train to a high level would reap the rewards once they started actually pking. That's just the way it was -- there was no arguing with rscrevolution about it and asking them to make things easier.

Changes like this just completely remove that.

I understand it makes pking more accessible. And yeah, it doesn't affect me. But I do think we should be careful of making things too easy and changing the game into something far removed from what it originally was.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Huh. A civil discussion with pkers and skillers on the RSCR forum. Who would've thought?

All valid points. Hard to make a call, really. I personally think what we have now is a good balance between easy/modern and hard/old. I mean, the mods are basically asking for about a week (max) of effort--whether its questing or making $--to have a solid pker. Outside of the actual training. Seems fair to me

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

dippymister said:

So when you saw a fully decked out rune pure with gaunts and everything, that shit was IMPRESSIVE. Plus, the people who were willing to put in the time to do the quests and train to a high level would reap the rewards once they started actually pking.

But we've done the quests? many times? how many times should we do the same thing over and over just to be able to pk?

Less pkers is a negative, being the only one whos spent the time with no one to fight isn't helping anyone.

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

It seems like everyone wants that instant gratification these days.

RSCR isn't a pking simulator.

If you choose to make multiple pkers, you are choosing to take on board the challenges that come with that.

I understand that many of us are much older now and have less time to play than we once did.

Thankfully we have new options, such as buying and then selling subs to pay for skipping content.

If you don't want to do that, that's your call to make.

But you've made your bed, go lie it.

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

BreakIt said:

It seems like everyone wants that instant gratification these days.

RSCR isn't a pking simulator.

If you choose to make multiple pkers, you are choosing to take on board the challenges that come with that.

I understand that many of us are much older now and have less time to play than we once did.

Thankfully we have new options, such as buying and then selling subs to pay for skipping content.

If you don't want to do that, that's your call to make.

But you've made your bed, go lie it.

So the fact people are making the choice, not play p2p is good? another genius

Player avatar

Loot3d Send PM

man so many skillers typing out their pathetic responses... everyone thats been against this idea so far is 100% skiller lol.. legit havent seen any of them in wildy..

no clue how its a negative to them.. it just increases activity on p2p days..
use some logic you narrow minded skillers.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Damn, y'all are gonna get real far by just being complete assholes. What a sound strategy.

Best of luck to you guys.

And to Beatdown -- cheers. You have very valid points and it seems like your head is in the right place with these decisions. Personally, I think it would be worth a small group of people logging out entirely to keep the game true to its origins, at least to an extent. Chances are those people aren't in it for the long haul anyway. I think most people coming back to RSC are looking for that nostalgia and are ready to do some grinding and training to relive their glory days. It seems to me like those are the people that RSCR should look to attract, not people who just want to make a pker and play for a week and then peace.

But hey, just my two cents. I'm sure you've thought about this a lot more than I have (in terms of the pking perspective).

suvivalist said:

Proper grammar would really help your argument. Try https://app.grammarly.com/ -- the chrome extension is free!

Last edited by dippymister (30 May 2018 17:57)

Player avatar

Loot3d Send PM

beatdown said:

dippymister said:

Damn, y'all are gonna get real far by just being complete assholes. What a sound strategy.

And to Beatdown -- cheers. You have very valid points and it seems like your head is in the right place with these decisions. Personally, I think it would be worth a small group of people logging out entirely to keep the game true to its origins, at least to an extent. Chances are those people aren't in it for the long haul anyway. I think most people coming back to RSC are looking for that nostalgia and are ready to do some grinding and training to relive their glory days. It seems to me like those are the people that RSCR should look to attract, not people who just want to make a pker and play for a week and then peace.

But hey, just my two cents. I'm sure you've thought about this a lot more than I have (in terms of the pking perspective).

suvivalist said:

Proper grammar would really help your argument. Try https://app.grammarly.com/ -- the chrome extension is free!

You're allright dippy, glad to see you breaking the mold somewhat, lol. You're actually willing to go through the steps with me on your argument, rather than just stating it from some supreme position of birthright or something, or "just because"

Fair enough, if that's what you feel like then so be it, that's your opinion. The question then becomes, how many logging out is too many, and how much can a few people's ripples effect the entire wilderness? And are you aware of the details of that before making your decision?

And yes, you're exactly right, i'm coming up on my 10th year of private server experience, several years of classic experience previous to that, i have had a lot of time to think these things over

I'm not sure your general assessment of pkers not being part of that "reliving the glory days" group is entirely fair, nor do i think they are only here to "pk for a week and then dip". But you are right, there are inherent differences between the two groups, so i will look past your sweeping generlizations and accept that there may be a larger point behind, which you may be right to point out, even if they are only applicable in certain narrower circumstances

Last edited by Loot3d (30 May 2018 22:24)

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

dippymister said:

suvivalist said:

You're allright dippy, glad to see you breaking the mold somewhat, lol. You're actually willing to go through the steps with me on your argument, rather than just stating it from some supreme position of birthright or something, or "just because"

Fair enough, if that's what you feel like then so be it, that's your opinion. The question then becomes, how many logging out is too many, and how much can a few people's ripples effect the entire wilderness? And are you aware of the details of that before making your decision?

And yes, you're exactly right, i'm coming up on my 10th year of private server experience, several years of classic experience previous to that, i have had a lot of time to think these things over

I'm not sure your general assessment of pkers not being part of that "reliving the glory days" group is entirely fair, nor do i think they are only here to "pk for a week and then dip". But you are right, there are inherent differences between the two groups, so i will look past your sweeping generlizations and accept that there may be a larger point behind, which you may be right to point out, even if they are only applicable in certain narrower circumstances

Yeah, I don't mean all pkers by any means. I was more referencing what I've seen on some of the dedicated pk servers, which goes something like this:

Random person finds a pk server and thinks "Oh wow that looks fun, I loved rsc pking but never had the time to make a great account. I can start out with a flats account? Fuck yeah." They create an account that has customizable stats and 100 rune sets/20k sharks in the bank. They start pking 2 minutes in. They play for a week and get bored because everyone has the same stats and dying/winning means nothing.

THAT is what I would hate to see RSCR turn into. Not that I think that will ever happen, nor do I think we're anywhere even close to that. And my point is that the person that server is looking to attract is not necessarily the type of person we should be looking to attract. (in my opinion - for the longevity of the server)

Anyway, in my opinion all these band-aid solutions to encourage pking or lower the barrier to entry are more or less a waste of time and the only true solution to "fixing" the wild is to increase the total player count by 10 to 20 times. But no one seems to want to admit that, and it's easier said than done. And no - before everyone comes at me - I don't have a solution outside of a $20k marketing and SEO campaign.

Plus, since I'm a skiller I'm obviously wrong. So I'll probably just bow out at this point and leave the endless debating to the professionals. Lol.

Last edited by dippymister (30 May 2018 23:25)

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

If you want p2p pk, skill requirements need fixing.

This is a game we all play for fun, there is no fun in grinding the same stats over and over.

Who on earth wants to do grind all these levels that many times?

Stop punishing people for wanting to skip the game, it's meant to be fun doing the same skills over and over is not fun.

Solutions :

1. Give us a command to change any of our stats on the fly.
2. Give us a command to spawn any item we want.
3. Give us instant gratification so we don't have to work for anything.

I don't even want to play this game.

Better solution implement a command that spawns randomly generated loot that another player might drop on death so I can enjoy a loot pickup simulation.

Feedback loop only, don't post if you disagree. This is MY safe space. RRREEEEEEEEE

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

-1 if you have the time to pk 1 to 2 hrs aday or more you have time to quest. I pk and hate questing but i will quest to make a pker.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (31 May 2018 02:00)

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.