Team Fort

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Mod Banana Send PM

Formerly known as Mod Macy

So it seems that the fort is becoming more and more less active. I would love to get player input on how we could improve the fort for both skillers and pkers.

Last edited by Mod Banana (4 Apr 2018 03:52)

Here to help everybody!!! Invite me to your party!!!!

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

a skill area in wild is sending skillers to be lambs to the slaughter to pkers as they farm pk capes skulled kills, treating them like slaves and extorting them for the hard earnings they work for skillers. Pkers have no incentive not to be extremely toxic toward them, making fun of them for being skillers, telling them to pay tolls or die. Even as a flats skiller i'm like 74 lucky 3 hits to 700 deaths. Lvl3 skillers was totally a thing on rscrevolution, but you damn sure aren't going to see them in fort. It's too ez to kill skillers. It should be extremely high risk for a pker to pk a skiller and high reward to keep them alive. Without extortion of the skiller. Put in a gate that if pkers cross it they instantly drain all prayer and 50% stats when in pvp combat for 10 minutes. 2 chests 1 for pkers and 1 for skillers. That way the pkers get a reward instead of capping the fort and then twiddling there thumbs because they don't skill. Make all rune sets go to the chest u die in red skull area boom goes to chest, you better hold that fort down, or you lose all the sets. The skillers stay in the caged area. Pkers get points for holding pk chest if skillers are actively skilling in the skill area. That way pkers will be like "hey man come skill we need you buddy" instead of "u want to skill here i get all the loot u get nothing or u die, pay the toll nerds"

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

maybe pk chest only unlocks when skillers unlock it by doing their part

Player avatar

dnjtrd Send PM

subscriber

yes i concur with some of the suggestions iamttheironman has made. i believe pkers are notorious with their 'pay my toll to skill' and i believe this is very off-putting. would be interesting to see what evolves from some of the suggestions.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

The problem is,

The fort doesn't give good enough resources, you can't make the drops etc better when for 90% of the time no one is there and they can skill/farm unharrassed.

Make fort closed all but 4 hours a day, during those 4 hours make every skill give double noted items, and all monsters quad stackable drops.

If it was only open those 4 hours it would be busy,

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Klone Army said:

Make it wilderness, with legendary requirement (no rights buyable). Should make skilling fort a place for skillers.

what fuck would the point of that be? it's ment to be dangerous or they would just put it in varrock

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Klone Army said:

Person have every other area to pk. But it is meant to be dangerous. Let the skillers pk each other. It's meant to be a skilling area.

It's ment to be a place for skillers to skill while their teams pkers defend them and if they loose you all die, doesn't really workout

Player avatar

Stinger splash2 Send PM

Remove bank and loot chest and change it to clan terrs of old where farmed goods need to be collect on char and banked out of wild.

With a system where you have to win control In 2 hour intervals via team battle area or even as a reward for 1v1 tournament, you could even run a lottery type system where you can buy tickets 50k each and instead of winning the jackpot you win fort control that way you can balance ticket costs vs potential profit of farming.

The winning team can then farm npcs that only drop pk supplies (casts food and pot certs) and maybe a stronger more diffcult farm npc (kbd level) that drops higher denominations of above items and normal level rune items. Other clans being able to raid and pk anybody who is brave enough to mass up enough drops.

Dont really care for skiller aspects you could Move a skiller fort to east wild so it is 1 v  only l. Could go low lol Varrock east wall or revamp ranged area and incorporate into a skillera area.You can keep red skull feature for any level attack and keep risk level up the reward of easier skilling. Or move it out of wild and make it a clan guild with a team skill level requirements.

Player avatar

terror2 Send PM

subscriber

1. Disable protect items. This is supposed to be dangerous, not somewhere for 1 iteming trash.
2. Disable protect from missiles, that prayer is trash and needs to be reworked entirely.
3. Make it so you have to pick up drops, then picking them up sends drops to chest. Afking herbs without needing to pick up is OP.
4. Make leaving fort area require standing still for a minute, and no logging out in there.
5. Make it so a person needs to have been in a team for 12 hours before they can go to fort. This stops people jumping to whatever team holds fort. There is too much peace agreements in the wild which makes for less pking, and this just just facilitates that.

Player avatar

terror2 Send PM

subscriber

Klone Army said:

zwiebel said:

1. Disable protect items. This is supposed to be dangerous, not somewhere for 1 iteming trash.
2. Disable protect from missiles, that prayer is trash and needs to be reworked entirely.
3. Make it so you have to pick up drops, then picking them up sends drops to chest. Afking herbs without needing to pick up is OP.
4. Make leaving fort area require standing still for a minute, and no logging out in there.
5. Make it so a person needs to have been in a team for 12 hours before they can go to fort. This stops people jumping to whatever team holds fort. There is too much peace agreements in the wild which makes for less pking, and this just just facilitates that.

Mod Macy is trying to revive the fort, not kill it.

There is 50% extra xp and a lot of benefits to be there. It isn't going to die, however it needs balancing and incentives aligning. If you want to discuss my individual points that is fine. But the goal is not to have half the server at fort. It also shouldn't be a problem to have fort empty at times. What is a problem is the 1 guy 1 iteming at chaos druids, with no pker incentive to kill him.

Last edited by terror2 (4 Apr 2018 14:59)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

zwiebel said:

letz take all skill from pk

Player avatar

fortcontrol Send PM

Literally everything I do someone cries and says it's OP. I could farm cows and someone would cry and say its OP. I just go that hard. You make 1/3rd an hour afking herbs that you would picking flax, get real. It only seems OP because I put more time in the game than most others

Player avatar

fortcontrol Send PM

The issue isn't lack of pkers at fort, its lack of skillers. You don't see 10 skillers in fort as often as u do 10 pkers. The pkers have no incentive to keep a full team of skillers alive while warring eachother to protect them and cap as nyx was saying.

Nothing puts a smile on a skillers face like watching a pk team tell another pk team "don't touch my fucking skillers!" as they duke it out like old fort. It was enjoyable. Just not fair if the pkers take all the loot

As a user pointed out "one guy" skilling at fort. I'm the only one with patience enough to deal with 20 deaths an hour for 3+ hours without rage quitting. If it was so "OP", don't you think others would want to join me? I've invited anyone that has asked. I've even offered to leave herbs and woodcut if som1 else wanted them for the hour. I'm a nice guy, just nobody wants to do it

Last edited by fortcontrol (4 Apr 2018 22:30)

Player avatar

hjklms Send PM

So I don't need to be on a team to skill there?

I might check it out...

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

hjklms said:

So I don't need to be on a team to skill there?

I might check it out...

You can not enter fort unless you are in a team

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Delete it

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Badboy666 said:

beatdown said:

Delete it

I don't agree an area with no multi is needed for new teams who can't login 1000 alts

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

Nyx said:

Badboy666 said:

beatdown said:

Delete it

I don't agree an area with no multi is needed for new teams who can't login 1000 alts

Yeah, it's great for when numbers are too big/not enough alts, you move to fort.

I think armour sets should go to the bank again like it used to, so there's reason to fight over the chest again.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Badboy666 said:

beatdown said:

Use my big bald and shiny head and shine the worlds most powerful destructive laser down from space and reflect the explosive massive damage rays off my head so it destroys the fort

Turtles

Player avatar

YourStepDad Send PM

All tjese master inputs of people thats do not even use fort or hold it lol

• «
  • 1 (current)