Maddog took my hat

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Thekenman said:

Player 1 -a- duels player 2 (b). Player 1 disconnects and connects to character (c). While characters -a- and (b) fight, player 1 sits on character (c), spamming left click, hoping to recover that stake that he RIGHTFULLY lost?

Or did he actually win the stake, but simply couldn't loot his winnings?

The problem here is that if a player can manipulate duels by disconnecting, how can you prove it's a legitimate disconnect? Because of this, there's no way an admin can award either party anything.

In fact, if the one player intentionally disconnected, I would say ban that player permanently for trying to abuse the staking system.

Disconnecting while fighting and hoping to recover what you should have lost by connecting to another character seems pretty shady.

A case of "whoops i don't want to stake anymore because im losing, i better disconnect so i can recover my items on a third character".

My 2 cents

He won.  Did u read this thread?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Thekenman Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Thekenman said:

Player 1 -a- duels player 2 (b). Player 1 disconnects and connects to character (c). While characters -a- and (b) fight, player 1 sits on character (c), spamming left click, hoping to recover that stake that he RIGHTFULLY lost?

The problem here is that if a player can manipulate duels by disconnecting, how can you prove it's a legitimate disconnect? Because of this, there's no way an admin can award either party anything.

In fact, if the one player intentionally disconnected, I would say ban that player permanently for trying to abuse the staking system.

Disconnecting while fighting and hoping to recover what you should have lost by connecting to another character seems pretty shady.

A case of "whoops i don't want to stake anymore because im losing, i better disconnect so i can recover my items on a third character".

My 2 cents

Who won there, sport?
Did you read my post? Either way, there shouldn't have been any interference.

Last edited by Thekenman (5 May 2018 19:10)

Take it easy

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Thekenman said:

Eww Bald said:

Thekenman said:

My 2 cents

Who won there, sport?
Did you read my post? Either way, there shouldn't have been any interference.

I'm not telling you who, lazybones.  Read it yourself.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".