The current RSC scene, and RSC scene in general.

Player avatar

illllllllllllllllllllllll Send PM

subscriber

What do you think of the current RSC scene?  How do you feel about it?  What can be done to improve/bring it back?

Also.  THIS IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A DIG AT THE OTHER SERVER.

But, I think within the next month everyone will be here and that server will be dead?

Whats your opinions/thoughts?

Last edited by illllllllllllllllllllllll (14 Dec 2016 01:44)

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

I personally think overall the game is a slow-paced game which is trying to compete in an era where there is simply too many other free games where the day you sign up you're able to play PvP.

I feel the cap on this game is reached very quickly on things to actually do skilling wise as well as questing compared to Rs2 and other games. The biggest draw to this game is the PVP which again isn't possible right away.

Also feel the admins are trying to keep certain things classic which were hands down the worst things about classic.

Classic had:
1-Bots-Leveling was a long hard grueling aspect of the game reaching a certain combat to pk was made simpler by this
2-No teleports-Had scripts to walk from lumby to edge to Varrock to draynor and every other city.-Someone actually was kinda enough to run a bot on every server to auto walk to help players get thru the game quicker- this happened 2002.
3-Thousands of players -interacting through every city along with 100's of players in wilderness for consistent pking on all levels.
-----------------
This server has:
1. Low combat exp the grind needed to level is ridiculous to the actual reward of in-consistent PVP. Simply players die and can't be fucked and there is no massive amount of players to fill that void or terrain to wander to actually guarantee a fight. Edgeville, Castle, Rune rocks is in no way what it once was in classic. Hands down takes weeks to train a new pkers just to go out there to find out "fuck I'm at a level where no-one pks I need to go train alot more now"
2-No teleports Why keep this aspect of rscrevolution classic, but add batch skilling along with skilling capes and altar in edge along with a bunch of other things that make the game 100 times more easier than a teleport to get to places. Altar at monk monstary, but since people can't be fucked to walk there you add a altar to edge....Refuse to add teleports.....
3. 100 players Who maybe 30 are active pkers. 20 of them only pk flats and 10 pk all levels because they have accounts. The player base is just to small to have a nonstop consistent Pvp. 

In order to have a nonstop wilderness filled with Pvp is to raise the combat exp in which players can train pkers easily to be able to pk at all levels to make up for the empty wilderness due to the fact of no thousand+ player base.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

ru8up2001 Send PM

I think nom needs to keep these current morons buying as many subs as he can while he can.....because the game ancient

Last edited by ru8up2001 (14 Dec 2016 03:18)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

1. Faster exp for combat would be nice now that 1IP is in place it wont give certain dick heads 10+ accounts at 1 level.

2. adjust to new PvP styles from games like Albion. Example how the pvp/wild works there is theres 3 types of pvp.
- Anyone can attack anyone will lose nothing in GREEN areas.
- If you attack and become aggressive in these areas you can lose everything in YELLOW areas.
- If you go in here its lose everything BUT HIGHER rewards here. RED area.

3. Only way we're going to get a fuck ton of new players is to literally change the GFX slightly to look RSC esc and change the name/item names so we can LEGALLY advertise and put it on Google Play and other places in general.

Punk Nub had a really good idea for new pixel chars/items.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (14 Dec 2016 04:53)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Shred Send PM

subscriber

More XP for combat! Without hurting the combat related economy (dragon bones are high).
This will help pking.

Back in the day flats were the exception not the norm. So people could be fully geared training at pirates and axe hut, and fight when someone came their way. (Less AFKing if so), but it was actually doable.

So if we slow down XP idk if we would get that. It used to be 2.5x I hear.

Speed it up. Make it to where it doesn't take a month of solid play to get flats. Sure there's other level pking but still.

Either that, or it's so slow that nobody flats and we all PK with odd stats, which would be nice. Too far gone now though, and people don't wanna grind too hard maybe.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Keep RSC the same, don't like it then play something else.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

The big difference for PK is these servers are very team based, where as RSC was much less so was really only teams during weekly wars.

The other massive difference is catching, it's very easy here compared to RSC so dying is therefore much more common.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Lower exp rates for training non combat skills.
lower rune armor drop rates on NPC so high smithing is useful
No more farming events - these events are fun, but just awful for server economy long term.
Add more rares  -  stronger stake scene if all rares were not owned by 3-4 people
Add remaining quests - for us nostalgic players
Find uses for skills such as firemaking and agility

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Funny how these  guys want faster XP and rare drops because it suits them but at the same time they wanna keep the economy right... economy here is strong and they always kept on top of it here they know if the market floods server goes in the hole

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

boby Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

The big difference for PK is these servers are very team based, where as RSC was much less so was really only teams during weekly wars.

The other massive difference is catching, it's very easy here compared to RSC so dying is therefore much more common.

yet u still cant make a st8?

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

i dont know what RSC you played, but there was always lots of teaming LOL.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

My opinion on the RSC scene as a whole, at the minute is a bit all over the place. I've enjoyed myself more in the 4 weeks I've been playing RSCR again than I think I ever have in RSC / all P servers put together. It really has been fun however I worry for the overall future of RSC. What with the other server about to die, I think some of them are stuck in the stone age and think that RSCR is still no life rates which might effect people coming, I personally don't think the XP is too bad for combat, x10 skulled in wild with no sub, it's not much different to over there. That doesn't mean I can't see the benefits of raising things slightly to eliminate competition, though. The only big difference is the rate for skilling, but if we had a higher skilling rate, the economy wouldn't be so clean and famous for being so clean.

Overall, I'm excited but slightly nervous to see what the future holds for this game which we've all known and loved for 15 years now, I don't think the ''new'' server will pop off, yeah there's a few people who love the 3x XP grind but the VAST MAJORITY don't want to regrind again. The other server is 100% about to die and I think there's a high chance more players (more than the 40-50 who already have made the switch....) will come. Border PKing picking up on this server (33s) I think will be a HUGE plus one for a lot of other server players.

Those are my thoughts

PS: I'd love it if the turnip'ers did come but even if they don't it's still fun without them. A lot of them think they're superstar PKers and that they shouldn't have to skill, farm, stake or do anything to get their supplies and GP because they're too used to being spoonfed. Those people need to understand, it's really not difficult to get a foot in on this server and get a nice bank and a few accounts. Also that you don't NEED 500k airs and fires to PK. You also don't NEED flats to pk (90 90 90 can beat flats).

Last edited by zazo x (14 Dec 2016 15:55)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Nyx said:

There really wasn't I assume you were a low lvl there.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

GLeU said:

Nyx said:

We teamed all the time. You must not have been a flat or "known" at all....

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

scornedmagi said:

Nyx said:

GLeU said:

We teamed all the time. You must not have been a flat or "known" at all....

There was big teams but there was a lot of solo pkers as well..

I pked all the time on I R P K E R (99 94 99) and Skydragon123 (91 88 92 and 88 mage) for high lvl

I never had these massive fuck stick gangbangs like now a days.

I also did LOTS of 32s, 47s on p2p and 67-75s. Sars-Pk, Mercy K1ll, Ovvn and X  Lance  X

~K!zL

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

zazo x said:

My opinion on the RSC scene as a whole, at the minute is a bit all over the place. I've enjoyed myself more in the 4 weeks I've been playing RSCR again than I think I ever have in RSC / all P servers put together. It really has been fun however I worry for the overall future of RSC. What with the other server about to die, I think some of them are stuck in the stone age and think that RSCR is still no life rates which might effect people coming, I personally don't think the XP is too bad for combat, x10 skulled in wild with no sub, it's not much different to over there. That doesn't mean I can't see the benefits of raising things slightly to eliminate competition, though. The only big difference is the rate for skilling, but if we had a higher skilling rate, the economy wouldn't be so clean and famous for being so clean.

Overall, I'm excited but slightly nervous to see what the future holds for this game which we've all known and loved for 15 years now, I don't think the ''new'' server will pop off, yeah there's a few people who love the 3x XP grind but the VAST MAJORITY don't want to regrind again. The other server is 100% about to die and I think there's a high chance more players (more than the 40-50 who already have made the switch....) will come. Border PKing picking up on this server (33s) I think will be a HUGE plus one for a lot of other server players.

Those are my thoughts

PS: I'd love it if the turnip'ers did come but even if they don't it's still fun without them. A lot of them think they're superstar PKers and that they shouldn't have to skill, farm, stake or do anything to get their supplies and GP because they're too used to being spoonfed. Those people need to understand, it's really not difficult to get a foot in on this server and get a nice bank and a few accounts. Also that you don't NEED 500k airs and fires to PK. You also don't NEED flats to pk (90 90 90 can beat flats).

you have some of very good points in your post. first of all, this game can still be enjoyable if you're not that known among the community. you can find the nostalgia factor pretty fast, maybe set a goal for yourself to have a decent bank with PK'er or two and that's it. unfortunately it ain't like that for most of us. we've played through all the possible servers during the private server era, we've made all the accounts 15x, we've farmed more than one person ever should and we've spent so much time to this game, to have absolutely nothing left in 2017. it's pretty hard obstacle to overcome, to actually do it once again, don't you think?

i'v always said PK'ing rates should be "more player friendly" than skilling. it creates way more possibilities to PK, way more different PK levels to PK at instead of just couple two(i.e border 33s and maybe flats). we can agree on 1ip, it would make people to PK on 1 account and that's it. if he wants to PK on his 46, let him to do so instead of making him to make another 54 because couple guys had it and he doesn't but because he doesn't want/don't have time to train it, that 54 PK'ing is basically dead. we can't expect people playing this game like we are 15 year olds, we're getting close to our 30s and our playing will become more and more on-off type of playing and when the community is about 100-150 people, it won't work too long. should just generally make this game way more easier for a people, considering their IRL responsibilities and such. most of us have played this game 15 years through multiple private servers so don't say we don't deserve things being little bit easier. if i wanted to start this server, it means automatically atleast 100 hours of work before i even get into PK'ing and that's out of question, as it seems to be for so many people as well. i'v always said, there has to be a way to give everyone who played in the past an account or two and let them play. this is still a same game they trained their accounts for, server is just different. it's like if you went to different country and out of sudden, your dollars would become irrelevant but you still would have the money so there's a chance to switch the money for their currency. don't be so 2000s kids, this game is still good and can have a decent playerbase but when it's literally made for certain group of people, it automatically reduces the amount of potential players by a mile.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

subscriber

Pegi said:

zazo x said:

Those are my thoughts

you have some of very good points in your post. first of all, this game can still be enjoyable if you're not that known among the community. you can find the nostalgia factor pretty fast, maybe set a goal for yourself to have a decent bank with PK'er or two and that's it. unfortunately it ain't like that for most of us. we've played through all the possible servers during the private server era, we've made all the accounts 15x, we've farmed more than one person ever should and we've spent so much time to this game, to have absolutely nothing left in 2017. it's pretty hard obstacle to overcome, to actually do it once again, don't you think?

i'v always said PK'ing rates should be "more player friendly" than skilling. it creates way more possibilities to PK, way more different PK levels to PK at instead of just couple two(i.e border 33s and maybe flats). we can agree on 1ip, it would make people to PK on 1 account and that's it. if he wants to PK on his 46, let him to do so instead of making him to make another 54 because couple guys had it and he doesn't but because he doesn't want/don't have time to train it, that 54 PK'ing is basically dead. we can't expect people playing this game like we are 15 year olds, we're getting close to our 30s and our playing will become more and more on-off type of playing and when the community is about 100-150 people, it won't work too long. should just generally make this game way more easier for a people, considering their IRL responsibilities and such. most of us have played this game 15 years through multiple private servers so don't say we don't deserve things being little bit easier. if i wanted to start this server, it means automatically atleast 100 hours of work before i even get into PK'ing and that's out of question, as it seems to be for so many people as well. i'v always said, there has to be a way to give everyone who played in the past an account or two and let them play. this is still a same game they trained their accounts for, server is just different. it's like if you went to different country and out of sudden, your dollars would become irrelevant but you still would have the money so there's a chance to switch the money for their currency. don't be so 2000s kids, this game is still good and can have a decent playerbase but when it's literally made for certain group of people, it automatically reduces the amount of potential players by a mile.

DR OSSO MY LOVE.

GET OVER HERE AND PLAY FFS... WUUUUWUWUWUWUWU2U?

WE WANT turnip TRANSFERS

WHEN DO WE WANT EM?

NOW!!

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

illllllllllllllllllllllll said:

Pegi said:

zazo x said:

Those are my thoughts

DR OSSO MY LOVE.

GET OVER HERE AND PLAY FFS... WUUUUWUWUWUWUWU2U?

WE WANT turnip TRANSFERS

WHEN DO WE WANT EM?

NOW!!

i might play here and there, just waiting to see what kind of options there's available for me. not gonna return as a full timer - ever, but still a chance to relive some good old memories once a while. zero chance i'll ever train an account to this medival game tho.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

subscriber

CONFIRMED

turnip HAS BEEN SOLD.   GOD REST ITS SOUL.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

illllllllllllllllllllllll said:

CONFIRMED

turnip HAS BEEN SOLD.   GOD REST ITS SOUL.

Hopefully Dustin will move out of his moms trailer and get a real job now.

~K!zL