Upcoming wilderness change

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hi,
I've been working on requested wilderness improvement today.
b65e5007fa625228b439572b507ef42c.png

Billy is working on adding rs2 style obelisks, these will replace zeonk and you can no longer teleport to wilderness from edgeville. These obelisks teleport you randomly to the other existing obelisks.
nKaLVQ6.png
0tgRwZ8.png

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Wow good work n0m!

I just hope all the people who claim that they will PK now as a result do!

Up to the players now.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

This looks like the perfect solution to most PK'ers woes. I think this will work well. Any ETA on implementation?

P.S. Good work n0m! I wonder if the kids who claim to be great PK'ers will still PK.

Last edited by Maverick2k (9 Nov 2016 10:03)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Looking really promising, great work and can't wait for this to be implemented..beatdown are you now going to just sit behide edge I wonder..

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Should be ready soon, might release next weekend.

EDIT: I've completed the system and mods are currently testing it out.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

The 10 minute timer is a little harsh, 3 minutes would be long enough for ppl to get out safe without beeing attacked by an alternative char..

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I think 10 mins is fair, you can still take 2 in...

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Stolt Archer said:

The 10 minute timer is a little harsh, 3 minutes would be long enough for ppl to get out safe without beeing attacked by an alternative char..

Id say 5 min minimum, but if it's ten min so be it. Beat down I look forward to running into you.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

padwan121 said:

Stolt Archer said:

Id say 5 min minimum, but if it's ten min so be it. Beat down I look forward to running into you.

You would have to come f2p and actually catch and cast me properly in that case, since i don't play 3hit2p.

Good luck.

Properly lol, ill do it swiftly and promptly my friend. I prefer p2p. However f2p fine by me..you seriously don't even entertain p2p at all..? 3 hits don't happen as often as one seems to think..

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

3 hits don't happen as often as one seems to think..

3 hits is extremely rare to never especially for flats, just an excuse.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Possibility and I reckon so, still doesn't mean that's the case however. Having said that, I think he really really does not like to die.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

padwan121 said:

Possibility and I reckon so, still doesn't mean that's the case however. Having said that, I think he really really does not like to die.

I have no issue dying if it's a deserved kill

I have an issue playing a version of the game, where good plays are punished and bad ones rewarded. It's not fun or can in any way be considered competitive, when the random number generator has such a wide range to go ham with.

That's rather salty and pathetic if you ask me..the same concept of your excuse applys to f2p..just lower odds..let's face it you multilog hard at every opportunity so I don't buy it..just have fun pking..within moderation to been fair..and not multilogging..

Last edited by padwan121 (9 Nov 2016 14:20)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

padwan121 said:

beatdown said:

I have no issue dying if it's a deserved kill

I have an issue playing a version of the game, where good plays are punished and bad ones rewarded. It's not fun or can in any way be considered competitive, when the random number generator has such a wide range to go ham with.

That's rather salty and pathetic if you ask me..the same concept of your excuse applys to f2p..just lower odds..let's face it you multilog hard at every opportunity so I don't buy it..just have fun pking..within moderation to been fair..and not multilogging..

Why's it so hard for you to imagine that i have fun pking competitively in rsc

try twist it all u want buddy..that was not a question or a issue your excuse was..seriously for your sake I hope your younger then a adult...otherwise well #say no more

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

You can still enter using those 2(or 1, there will be rotation) chars you were in wild with. I don't see the problem here at all.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

n0m said:

You can still enter using those 2(or 1, there will be rotation) chars you were in wild with. I don't see the problem here at all.

That if you're training 1 char in wildy, while at castle for example, or just walking around wildy randomly on your 88, and a level 120 comes by, you can't walk into wilderness after him before 10 mins have passed, or any of the other levels you might have encountered on your way

Thats during 2 char rotation

During 1 char rotation, pking can only happen every 10 mins then yikes

If say 3 level 60-65s standing around at castle, they have to wait around for 10 minutes doing nothing, before we can go fight them

It should be around 5 min but like I said if it's ten min so be it..the only way round it is to have your secound char with food and pots to trade over..

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

padwan121 said:

beatdown said:

That if you're training 1 char in wildy, while at castle for example, or just walking around wildy randomly on your 88, and a level 120 comes by, you can't walk into wilderness after him before 10 mins have passed, or any of the other levels you might have encountered on your way

Thats during 2 char rotation

During 1 char rotation, pking can only happen every 10 mins then yikes

If say 3 level 60-65s standing around at castle, they have to wait around for 10 minutes doing nothing, before we can go fight them

It should be around 5 min but like I said if it's ten min so be it..the only way round it is to have your secound char with food and pots to trade over..

I don't much care either, just pointing out likely downsides

Well this isn't a downside, multilogging is the biggest downside to wildly period. Only your breed of pkers will seen it that way unfortunately.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

You mean, you see one level 60 and get you and your wannabe friends to multi them 10 vs 1, then send abusive messages so they quit the server wink yes that's what we want to stop.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

The timer will not stop you from walking back up.

I hope you guys end up liking the locations for the teleport platforms, n0m asked me to find a happy medium between the Zeonk locations and the actual obelisk teleports from later versions of RS. I think the coverage is pretty good. The idea is that stepping on a platform will trigger a countdown, and whoever is standing on it out of combat by the end of the countdown will get whisked away together to another random one of the platforms.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Boneknuckles Send PM

subscriber

xx

Last edited by Boneknuckles (13 Feb 2017 07:09)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Sweet I can start pking on my flats!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook