Batman is leaving

Player avatar

Saradomin72 Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys it has been a pleasure being in the rscrevolution community with you all.  I have made some friends and I have made some haters but it is the best server there is.  And the mods and admins do put on 150% effort to keep this server up and running.  It has been an awesome time spending the last 6 months with you guys.  Just unmotivated to play anymore I guess.

Cya guys
Goodluck with life

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Dang... you were really my only friend on here. The only person who kinda liked me also. I wish you the best and hope all goes good for you...

Player avatar

Saradomin72 Send PM

subscriber

Yea.  I'll stay.  Might just edge sit but no really motivated to skill anymore..

Player avatar

Xpansion Send PM

subscriber

Batman1443 said:

Yea.  I'll stay.  Might just edge sit

YAY

GayMarriage07.gif

(love from cleanmeplz)

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

CrohnsKid said:

Dang... you were really my only friend on here. The only person who kinda liked me also. I wish you the best and hope all goes good for you...

i';ll be ur friebd add me fisherjohn52

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Sucks to see ya go. Best of luck though!!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Batman1443 said:

Yea.  I'll stay.  Might just edge sit but no really motivated to skill anymore..

What would "I feel motivated in RSCR again!" look like, or require?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Saradomin72 Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Batman1443 said:

Idk it's just too repetitive when u have played for 6months  maybe add new skills like rune crafting or slayer or something

Last edited by Saradomin72 (11 Oct 2016 05:45)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Bye Fatman take care

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Batman1443 said:

Hey guys it has been a pleasure being in the rscrevolution community with you all.  I have made some friends and I have made some haters but it is the best server there is.  And the mods and admins do put on 150% effort to keep this server up and running.  It has been an awesome time spending the last 6 months with you guys.  Just unmotivated to play anymore I guess.

Cya guys
Goodluck with life

All the best brother!

Best Ninja

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Batman1443 said:

RscR needs some progression. Where is the Revolution? So far all I see is RscReplica, with some improvements. Just like RSC most updates need to be geared towards the wilderness to make the game still be RSC. But the Pk'ers are pretty adamant about not changing anything to do with Pk'ing. Here are my opinions on what needs to be added to make this server perfect and the order of how much it adds to the QoL of the game.

1) Equipment tab
I have seen it on many servers over the years. It only changes Pk'ing a little by giving them a few more extra Inventory spaces. By adding a Equipment tab it cleans up our inventory and gives skillers more inventory.

Slayer
Slayer will add so much to the game for skillers and PvM. It will change Pking. Slayer can add more training spots with better loot for the average player. Have a few added areas outside the wilderness but all the Higher level slayer monsters areas inside the wilderness. Also utilize existing training areas like *slay 102 otherworldly beings*.  This will give Pk'ers some more action. Also add some more top end gear. In other servers they get to crazy with changing the game. I dont think we should here. I'd say that with slayer, the only gear that should be added is to finish the dragon set. I have been working on and testing the numbers of what the stats should be for the rest of Dragon gear. Dragon chain (no pl8, itll be to high def). dragon platelegs. dragon short.  Dragon 2h.  As far as sprites  for new slayer NPC's, you could even use existing Sprites.

Agility additions
Agility needs better and faster ways to train. Either up the EXP or add another course or 2. Also there should be Agility shortcuts to make agility worth it. An example *taverly dungeon shortcut to Blue dragons, LVL req- 80*.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

So basically you want osrs... ewww nty

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

No I dont want OSRS lol. I just want some progression in the game. and for the skills to have higher end benifits. like the agility shortcuts. give me a reason to train agility. Give me new stuff to kill. Give me more stuff to do.  Every MMO has a equipment tab so its not copying OSRS. And almost every MMO has slayer kind of. Most MMO's Quests are like slayer. *go kill 75 ogre shamans*  but here we make it a skill.  But yes it is kind of copying OSRS but its a good thing to add. Dont turn RSCR into OSRS. we dont need runecrafting. No GWD. No whip. No eating in CMB. Dont copy OSRS quests or storyline. No acient magicks or curses.

Player avatar

Slowpoke101 Send PM

subscriber

I would play more if we had equipment tab and slayer smile I like those ideas!

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

For slayer, make 3 slayer masters. For example
1-33 slayer. low lvl monsters
34-66 slayer. med level
67-99 slayer high level
Could spread the masters out across the way
Edge, taverly, ardy.

Player avatar

Iron Paul Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Batman1443 said:

Since you asked:

One general concept - Give doing things a purpose.

Give 99 a purpose for nearly every skill.  Mind you these are just rough examples/suggestions and are probably bad and could be replaced by a better idea.  But as long as there is a purpose.

Agility:  Walk speed increased by 15% in neutral areas.
Prayer:  Drain speed reduced by 15%.
Ranged:  Max distance increased by 1 tile.
Smithing:  Superheat spell is free and gives no magic xp.
Mining:  50% chance of receiving an extra ore.
Herblaw:  Potions have an extra dose.
Crafting:  Everlasting dragonstone amulet that doesn't require charging. Maybe 8/8/3/3/3 stats instead of 10/6/3/3/3 *UNTRADEABLE*
Woodcut:  Less of a % chance of causing a named tree (yew/magic/etc) to expire after a successful cut.
etc.

Re-work agility and firemaking training.  Create new interesting grind methods.

Abandon the idea of adding content in wildy to entice people to go there.  I don't have fun in unfair fights no matter which side I'm on, forcing me to go to wildy at a disadvantage because my bag is customized for a purpose other than pk'ing is not fun for the player.  I personally don't find it fun camping and pk'ing 3-item'ers who don't desire to fight me.  In my opinion, leveling or gathering for skills should be a stress-free fun experience that gives time to chat with other players and friends.  I feel that wildy doesn't work well unless the server has hundreds of players.

STEAL THE WOW BATTLEGROUNDS CONCEPT.
I remember years ago another private server did a capture-the-flag, it was ridiculously fun.  Not having the risk of losing your items when you die seems to create a lot more interest in pvp.  You could host these as events or create some sort of queue system.  This will promote skill, strategy, and teamwork in pvp.  Why did WoW initially create battlegrounds?  Because group world pvp sucked.  Just like wilderness sucks (imo).  New forms of pvp are the way to go, not trying to revamp wilderness.
Some battleground ideas:
Capture-the-flag (obviously) -  Steal the other teams flag and bring it back to your base.  If you die while holding the flag it returns back to the opponents base. 3 captures wins
Ranged battleground - Two teams, Put two NPC's in a cage with X amount of health, one for each team.  The NPC can only be ranged down with arrows/bolts, whichever team kills the other NPC first wins.
Node based battleground - Something like Arathi Basin in WoW, several neutral nodes that can be taken over by a team, after holding a node for X time it awards Y points, reach Z points and your team wins.

After winning in a battleground, you get a point added to a counter.  Accumulate enough points and you can get some sort of cosmetic item or weapon or whatever.  This gives PVP a purpose.

ACHIEVEMENTS - PLEASE, ACHIEVEMENTS.
RSC is the perfect game for achievements, all we do is grind, let it be a grind toward something.  It would be like the slayer skill, but with much more capability.  Give kick-ass non-tradeable rewards for completing them.  They could be combat items, cosmetic, materials, the sky is the limit on this:
ex:  Kill 5,000 ogres = dragon mace
ex:  Nested achievement must be completed in certain order Kill 100 spiders > kill 100 unicorn > kill 100 bears > kill 100 guard dogs = bear-skin pattern cape
ex:  Fish 3,000 trout = some sweet fish boots

I will do them all, cause there's a purpose.

Last edited by Iron Paul (12 Oct 2016 18:06)

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Some good ideas, some not so not. But that's mu opinion. Either way I like the idea of progression and giving grinding a purpose. With what you said about the wilderness has me changing my stance. I agree that new content needs to be geared away from the wilderness. Only reason why it worked for rsc was because it had a huge pk player base and not a handful of multiloggers.

Player avatar

Saradomin72 Send PM

subscriber

One of the things I really want tho would be bank tabs. I get noon drops that would be useful for noobs but don't pick them up because my bank will look shit and messy. That's only 1 example

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Iron Paul +1 to all

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

neilkeps Send PM

subscriber

ftw kiwi

[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/10odx6a.jpg[/img]