Making a list of all features not in original rsc

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

In honor of Hobbs' departure I feel like it'd be cool to work a little bit on a project he talked about but never got around to: I'd like to try to make a list that documents features on RSCR that did not exist in rscrevolution Classic. Examples would be the lumby banker, batched skills, wilderness ranged guild, etc.

Eventually I'd like to make this into an organized list as the "Improved Nostalgia RSCR Changelog" for the quests/guides section so new players can be informed of the resources available to them that they might not know about.

Unfortunately for me there's been a huge gap between when I played RSC and now so I don't 100% know a lot of the differences compared to some of you who have been active on private servers or just have a better memory than me tongue

Things I would like in the list
-Changes to various cities such as new bankers
-Added skiller resources such as mines, fishing spots, cooking spots,
-Added features such as batching, withdraw as notes, AH, etc.
-Changes to quests such as ability to buy map piece in dragon slayer to avoid mage lvls, etc.
-All new areas and changes in wilderness
-A list of features of features not yet available that were available in RSC, which will include quests which haven't yet been released, or features like (until recently) coal trucks.

Things I'd prefer not to have on the list
-Any differences that are more about nitpicking than actual game differences. Combat formula would be an example since it's something that cannot be truly emulated.

Hopefully mods and admins can chime in a little bit to help get this list started smile I feel like one end goal will be to make an updated map for the server in addition to the list. I'm off to work now so please post anything you know of and I will start compiling and adding things that I know when I get back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The list so far:

• Lumbridge
  • Banker on 2nd floor of Lumbridge Castle
  • Boat from Lumby to Edge near goblin shack

Varrock

• Auction House added west of Varrock palace/north of west bank
  • More guards in front of Varrock castle

Al Kharid

• Do not need water or desert robes south of Shantay Pass

Unique Server Features

• Map of server and unique features here
  • Global chat by typing ::1 for general chat or ::2 for PK chat
  • Withdraw from bank as certificates - allows user to stack un-stackable items as certificates, regardless of ability to cert in original rsc
  • Withdraw/deposit all of selected item from bank
  • Withdraw/deposit X of selected item from bank
  • Ability to sort bank by "inserting" item into a space, or switching places with another item. (Just enable sorting and drag)
  • Ability to perform multiple "batched" actions based on skill level (# of attempts = lvl/10)
  • All members and non-members content available as f2p
  • Subscription cards which grant bonuses to XP, batching, fatigue rates, etc.
  • Server-wide Auction House to allow buying/selling items to/from other players (See "Varrock" section)
  • Ability to resize external client by dragging corners

Server Commands

• Type ::1 and ::2 for global chat
  • Type ::online to see the number of players online
  • Type ::info to see information about IP, last login date, total time spent in-game, sub status/expiration, and your exp rates
  • Type ::skull to automatically skull your character
  • Type ::played to see hours spent in-game
  • Type ::fatigue to automatically reach 100% fatigue and avoid exp (quest xp still earned)

Quests

• Option to receive quest XP and server rates or original classic rates
  • Ability to buy the map piece from Wormbrain to avoid magic levels on Dragon Slayer quest
  • You can obtain all gauntlets from Family Crest by talking to each of the brothers after the quest is completed
  • No reward options for Observatory quest
  • Legends quest not available - Legends Guild requirements are instead 1400 skill total.
  • The following quests are not yet available: Digsite, Legends Quest, Shilo Village, and Watchtower.

Training/Skilling

• Added monster spawns in Edgeville dungeon (Thugs, red spiders)
  • Re-orientation and addition of extra rocks in mining guild
  • Fishing guild has 2 bankers instead of certers

Items

• Charged Dragonstone Amulet allows additional teleports to Seers and Yanille

Security

• Tougher captchas on sleeping bags and beds
  • Longer idle times on subbed accounts
  • botting is not tolerated

Wilderness

• Some changes to wilderness can be seen in map here
  • Rotating members content, f2p content, and godspells in wilderness - type ::wildy to check status
  • Added 1x XP for being in wild, additional .5x XP for being skulled
  • Event arenas, event bank, and event altar all added far east around lvl 10 wilderness (Only accessible during events)
  • Wilderness Ranged Guild around far east lvl 35 wilderness containing ogres, ghosts, hobgoblins, and blue dragons
  • Otherworldly Beings, high lvl Zombies, and dragons added to member's area wilderness far east coast
  • Dragon cage surrounding entrance to high-lvl wilderness dungeon
  • Fire giants and ranged area in courtyard of lvl 10 Dark Warrior castle
  • The Revenant

Not (Yet) Available

• Gnomeball feature not added
  • Gnome cooking not added
  • Kittens cannot grow up into cats, thus cannot be traded in Ardougne for death runes
  • No Fishing Trawler mini-game
  • The following quests are not yet available: Digsite, Legends Quest, Shilo Village, and Watchtower.

Last edited by Actumen (22 Nov 2015 22:10)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

You can already buy the map price to avoid mage for 1m off the goblin in portsarim jail.

Last edited by padwan121 (6 Nov 2015 15:03)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Cert/uncert all to/from bank.

Player avatar

Shinrael Send PM

Two addy rocks and different orientation of the coal rocks in Mining Guild in Dwarven Mine.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

2 different global chats also.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

bank notes,sub cards,added teleports to dstone ammy,

Player avatar

woodchop Send PM

subscriber

boat from lumbridge to edgeville
extra red spiders in edge dungeon (used to be only 2) maybe more thugs too
Bank in lumbridge castle

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

Edited in these suggestions and added a few that I remembered! Thanks everyone smile Keep 'em coming and I will keep updating

Edit: Also let me know at any time if something I've added is incorrect or you'd like to clarify it further

Double edit: Also feel free to help think of better ways of organizing the info, haha.

Triple edit: Can anyone speak to which items have changed requirements? Any items that had quest requirements on RSC that do not have quest requirements on RSCR?

Last edited by Actumen (8 Nov 2015 17:20)

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

Bumping in hopes of getting more additions from people smile

Player avatar

Glen Send PM

subscriber

Hi Actumen,

I see you have added my map into the list, thank you for that.

I am going to keep this updated at ... http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=41801 , so I thought I could run it in conjunction with this thread.

Let me know what you think.

RSC%20Revo%20Full%20Map.png~original

http://y03.imgup.net/RSCRevoMap6070.png - Click here for a direct link to the map without Wilderness

Last edited by Glen (23 Dec 2015 00:36)

Character Name: Glen

Player avatar

highpplz Send PM

subscriber

Someone told me rune hatchet can be used from lvl 1 for wood cutting I was lvl 25 wc and could use it so I can't say for lvls lower or if anymore tools can be used for there skills at lower lvls. Someone look into it for me I'm high in some skills and dont plan on making another account

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

highpplz said:

Someone told me rune hatchet can be used from lvl 1 for wood cutting I was lvl 25 wc and could use it so I can't say for lvls lower or if anymore tools can be used for there skills at lower lvls. Someone look into it for me I'm high in some skills and dont plan on making another account

What were you trying to use it on?  You can use a rune axe from level 1 for woodcutting if you're cutting a tree you have the level to cut.  Also, you can't wield the axe unless you have 40 attack, but wielding is not required to cut.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Jebby Send PM

subscriber

Nicely done! smile

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/357kegw.jpg[/img]
- Jebby, Juzza, xox, Dragons Fury, exe - http://www.rscrevolution.com/ -
"errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum"

Player avatar

punknub Send PM

subscriber

There is a zoom option in the settings that was never in classic!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LXQe19Q.png[/img]
punknub's sigs

Player avatar

Zyn Send PM

subscriber

Didn't even know there was a bank in lumbridge

Last edited by Zyn (22 Jan 2017 00:00)

Player avatar

MrMellow Send PM

subscriber

Watchtower quest is now added

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

You can cast in RSC as they run, where as here it's delayed, used to often kill with last cast the second they ran, that doesn't work here.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]