Christmas Chest Event Idea? Hi

Player avatar

1hitk0ed Send PM

I was thinking about the Christmas event and instead of double experience I thought of this idea.. Having a chest placed somewhere like varrock or edgeville that needs to be unlocked with a "Christmas key"

Christmas Keys

These Christmas keys are obtained through any type of Skilling (fishing, minning, herblore, cooking, crafting etc.) Randomly. It can be like a 1/75 chance to get a key.

ALSO these cans can be obtained as a random drop from monsters(Maybe all monsters 75+ combat so people won't kill goblins and get keys so easily?) There would be a specific drop rate on the keys so they aren't flooded (maybe 1/200)

OR

Santa clause needs your help
!

Another idea could be to to introduce "Santa clause" and there is evil elves (elf warriors or other attackable elves) who have stolen Santa's keys to his "goodies". only these elves drop the Christmas tree chest keys. Kill off these elves for a chance to get your hands on Santa clause's precious loot!

It's snowing
Within this idea, you can possibly make it snowy and people can make snowballs by collecting snow off the ground and throw them at other players having a snowball fight.

Loot from Christmas Chest

Common
Bones
Runes
Tuna
Cake
Adamantine armour
Gems
Herbs

Rare
Rune items
Everything common except higher quantity
Rune and adamantine bars
Shark
Swordfish
Dragon bones
Dragonstone

Ultra rare
WHITE GLOVES?
Hat and scraves (this is more reasonable)
Black santa hat
Christmas tree hat
Christmas cracker (not sure if this is a good idea due to party hat prices going down due to more in game)
SLEDS
Reindeer hat

Note: obviously the loot table can be revised and all the ultra rares don't have to be included but it's some sort of idea I had and a good way to Introduce new rares

URLS to items:

Scraves
http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wik … nd_scarves

Reindeer hat
http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Reindeer_hat

Sleds
http://rscrevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Sled

Black santa
http://rscrevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Santa_hat

Elf warrior (for Santa needs your help idea)
http://rscrevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Elf_warrior

Last edited by 1hitk0ed (10 Dec 2017 09:15)

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Killing lvl 75 monsters is quite easy. Even black dragons seem to be easy to kill as far as I have understood. No point in this event if you can get the rares via killing things, that usually makes the item(s) not so rare easily plus all the places would be filled with people so training on or collecting items from things would be annoying.

Lol...

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Sounds like skiller boring stuff.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

1hitk0ed Send PM

There would be a specific drop rate on it (like 1/250-1/500)

If the monsters are too easy than maybe bump it up to monsters combat level 100+ combat? I just figured if you made it 70 or 75 lower levels can participate without Skilling.

Player avatar

1hitk0ed Send PM

KizL said:

~K!zL

Could also kill monsters to get keys

Player avatar

Stakez0r Send PM

DMM2_Participant

KizL said:

~K!zL

Player avatar

1hitk0ed Send PM

Stakez0r said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

Could also kill elves or other monsters for key drops

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

This year we have started working on christmas quite early compared to past events and most of it is planned out and being coded already and we have a different reward system planned out. But maybe we will use this concept elsewhere during this event, we'll see smile No teasers yet.

And speaking about snow, we had it last year and we'll definitely have it this one.

I am confident that this xmas we will step up the game of how holiday events are done in the RSC community.

And I hope our players will see that RSCR is the place to be to enjoy fresh RSC content, not RSC1.5 or RS2 how some communities, that don't have proper developers make fun of us, but fresh RSC content that is made by a team that is passionate about the game it's aesthetics, mechanics and care about the people who login to RSCR during the special Christmas period to enjoy a holiday event, just like they did fifteen or so years ago.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Makes me really sad that I might not be around when you guys are throwing the Christmas event. Perhaps on phone occasionally but not like I can do anything other than train skills while on phone :'D

Lol...

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Semirotta said:

Makes me really sad that I might not be around when you guys are throwing the Christmas event. Perhaps on phone occasionally but not like I can do anything other than train skills while on phone :'D

You'll still be able to enjoy what we have made wink

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Semirotta said:

You'll still be able to enjoy what we have made wink

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

I am most likely not going to be around 23-25th so we'll see smile

Lol...

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Semirotta said:

I am most likely not going to be around 23-25th so we'll see smile

The xmas event is longer than couple days wink

Player avatar