QoLTech Macroing Ban

Player avatar

QoLTech Send PM

subscriber

Alright, I figured I should make an official ban appeal to rehash everything.

My account, QoLTech, was banned a couple of weeks ago for botting by Mod Hash. I was picking flax at the gnome stronghold on my mobile phone while playing Smite on my Xbox. While playing, I would pick the flax as much as possible in between deaths, moving around the map, farming for cs, etc. After I had a full inventory, I would click the ladder and if I had time in Smite, I would also click the bank. While waiting for my character to walk to the bank, I would continue playing Smite. After picking flax for around 40 minutes, I noticed that my character would sometimes appear below the bank on the ground floor near the flax fields. I thought this was weird, but didn't have time to troubleshoot. I also noticed that the area around the ladder to go down from the bank was partially void, so I chalked all of this up to server issues. While picking, there was someone else there a few minutes ago, so I typed "wtf" in game chat. I logged out and back in and I even closed the app completely and reloaded with no improvement. A few minutes later, I'm teleported to the jail and Mod Hash is accusing me of botting. I explained to him that I wasn't and he was mistaken. He then tells me he's been teleporting me around while invisible trying to break my "bot". Obviously, I'm a human and didn't break, but he jails me anyway without even trying to speak to me in game to confirm that I was not botting. After a day or so, I message n0m and continue logging in to talk to Mod Hash and get him to repeal the decision. Fast forward to now and I'm still banned.

About a week and half, maybe more before this, Mod Hash accused me of botting before and of course since I wasn't botting, the decision was overturned and I could continue playing. I think there needs to be some serious process in place before handing out bans to legitimate players.

To recap:
I was not botting.
I was on a mobile device.
I spoke in game.
I logged out and relaunched the app multiple times to try to fix the apparent world issues.

Player avatar

QoLTech Send PM

subscriber

I'm sure there is something in the login logs that proves this. MAC Address or something. I know there's something that differentiates a mobile connection from a desktop connection and that would be obvious from the logs.

Player avatar

QoLTech Send PM

subscriber

Anything on this? If it's that big of a deal, just remove the flax. It was only about an hour of semi-afk work anyway.

Player avatar

QoLTech Send PM

subscriber

Still waiting for a response.

Player avatar

QoLTech Send PM

subscriber

Still looking for something here.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

QoLTech said:

I was not botting.
I was on a mobile device.
I spoke in game.
I logged out and relaunched the app multiple times to try to fix the apparent world issues.

You were using automation on that character, so it will stay banned. You knew better and you risked it anyway. You're welcome to play on an additional character so long as you play without any type of automation.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol