Lets talk about these new rings.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mage's Ring (enchanted Luminous ring)
a) Increases spell strength by +1, and spell accuracy by +4
b) Enchanted by Head Wizard (Yanille)

The Mage Ring. This 1 I really have no issues with. Pretty solid ring for both training, PvMing, and Pking. Hands down the best ring of them all.

Archer's Ring (enchanted Arrowhead Ring)
a) +2 ranged bonus
b) Enchanted by Lowe (Varrock)

Archer ring. Because We don't see a "ranged bonus" ingame. Or have any idea what its value even means. This ring is useless. Does it basically just add 2 range levels? Hardly seems worth it to use, let alone pay 1million gold to enchant it. A solid +2 to range max hit could make it interesting, and worthwhile to use.

Dragonslayer Ring (enchanted Scaly ring)
a) Anti-dragonbreath properties
b) Enchanted by the Oracle (Oracle mountain West of Edgeville)
c) Requires completion of Dragon Slayer quest to wield

Dragonslayer Ring. The ONLY perk to this ring is you don't need anti-fire shield. Neat, but not exactly game changing. Could be good if in the future we actually see some Beefed up dragon bosses. But right now the only thing it effects(kind of) is KBD farming. I don't know about you guys, but when I KBD, I just bring a rune kite/dragon square and change out after 1st hit.

Demonslayer Ring (enchanted Horned ring)
a) Constant +9 weaponpower against demons
b) Enchanted by Traiborn (Draynor Wizard Tower)
c) Requires completion of Demon Slayer quest to wield

Demonslayer Ring. This one is actually REALLY NICE. Solid for Black demon, lesser demon, greater demon(if you're willing to risk it). I hope to get my hands of 1-2 more of these.

Holy Ring (enchanted Sacred ring)(note: Sacred ring is the plain silver looking one)
a) +3 prayer
b) Enchanted by Brother Jered (Monastery West of Edgeville)

Holy Ring. I decided to test this one personally to see what kind of increase this would be. Now I don't actually own a Holy Ring, but I do own a Dragon amulet and monks robes.
Dragon amulet=5 Prayer Bonus. Difference between 1 and 5 was pretty much nothing. Less then half a second. It was roughly 4 seconds to drain 1 point with ultimate strength on.
Dragon amulet+monk robes(top and bottom)=16prayer bonus. It took roughly 5 seconds for Ultimate strength to drain 1 point.
The difference between 5 and 16 prayer bonus is quite minor, adding +3 from this ring MIGHT bring it to 6 second, but without actually owning the ring, I cant confirm. Very few places you would actually use this ring. Demons you would rather own Demonslayer Ring. Black Dragons MAYBE? Since you wont need to use Dragonslayer ring there. Since we all use Prayer potions to farm there. No use whats so ever in PvP, and minor use in PvE.

Unholy Ring (enchanted Sacred ring)
a. +1 weaponpower, +1 prayer
b. Enchanted by Evil Dan (Varrock)

Unholy ring. I'd personally take this over the Holy ring. 1 Weapon power is better the +2 extra Prayer bonus, but not by much in my opinion. Extremely lack luster ring, and I'd be mad if it was the one ring that would of dropped for me.

Obsidian Ring (enchanted Black ring)
a. +2 armor, +2 weaponaim
b. Enchanted by Thormac (South of Seers)

Obsidian ring. This and the Mage ring are the 2 best rings if you ask me. This one is great for anyone who actually stakes weapons on. I can't see anyone pking with it though.

In my honest opinion. Half these rings are good, the other half are simply trash. paying the 1million gp fee for any of these is quite ridiculous, especially for the Dragon slayer, Holy, and Unholy ring.

I love the idea of them being rare, but if they're rare and provide little to no benefit, why bother risking them(PvP or PvMing strong mobs). I personally Don't want to see there drop rates increase, because it finally gives a reason to farm the 2 strongest NPC's in the game. But I don't see people realistically using them much at all, and therefore I don't see much of a market for them. except for the Mage,Obsidian, and Demonslayer ring. Even those only a few will buy.

I understand that you guys didnt want to provide to crazy of bonuses with these rings, but at the same time there needs to be REAL incentive to actually want to buy them off players/pk with them.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Would you care to review the gem rings as well? Interested what you think.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

badboyz4lyfe Send PM

subscriber

Imo gem rings should read like:

Sapphire changes to leeching 10% not reflecting. Same hits cap is fine. too easy to get 3 hits as it is tbh.

Emerald changes to magic eating, up to 50 health. Helps with broken iban and getting rekt by god spells at lower lvls

Ruby stays the same, potentially add more benfits like increased gem chance while mining or larger % on high value items from none kbd or reaper mobs

Diamond has a 1 use restore up to 50 prayer (50% of lvl) useable in f2p

Dragonstone stays the same, seems to have value in pve

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by badboyz4lyfe (3 Feb 2017 01:31)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Ring of Reflection (enchanted Sapphire ring)
a) Deals 10% damage taken by wearer back to enemy (rounds down, excludes poison/environmental)
b) Disappears after dealing 48 damage total

Ring of Reflection. REALLY good ring for pking. in F2P your looking at eating up 3.42 swordfish, or in P2P 2.4 sharks. This in my opnion is more powerful then the Mage ring or Obsidian ring benefits.

Ring of Riches (enchanted Emerald ring)
a) Automatically pick up coins that NPCs drop under you
b) Disappears after 100 pickups

Ring of Riches. USELESS. I guess very early on in the game it might be usable, but Ring of Heroes pretty much makes this useless as it picks up stackables and gold. a possible change to this ring could be a ring of identification. Ring will identify herbs while on ground, and you gain the xp still. Providing you have the herb level to ID it. Disappears after 100 uses.

Ring of Embers (enchanted Ruby ring)
a) Never fail iron smelting or cooking
b) Disappears after 50 uses

Ring of Embers. Pretty much an exact copy of what a Ruby ring does on rs2. Good ring if you ask me. I REALLY hate smelting iron bars, because I swear I would fail more like 60-70% of the time LOL. Nice that you added the cooking portion also. With people farming Reaper, and getting raw manta ray/sea turtles. There could be a use at high level for these rings at high level also.

Ring of Life (enchanted Diamond ring)
a) Automatically teleport wearer to respawn location once reaching 10% of total hits stat or less.
b) Will not work in wilderness or any type of PvP.
c) Disappears after one use

Ring of Life. I have a Love/Hate opinion for this ring. On one hand I LOVE watching people die and looting there stuff, but on the other hand I REALLY HATE dying because of stuff like Lag/daily freezing for the back up/internet deciding to just die. Also a direct copy of an rs2 ring, but one I feel is important to have in the game.

Ring of Heroes (enchanted Dragonstone ring)
a) Equipment attributes: +1 armor, +1 weaponaim
b) Automatically pick up all stackables from killing NPCs under you
c) 200 kills before destructing, or 2000 damage taken

Ring of Heroes. just wow.... This should be called the Ring of Riches. It's got half the stats of the Obsidian ring, which isnt that significant, but looting all stackables is amazing, almost OP. Allows for much more less stressful farm, but requires enough space for all the different types of stackables that drop, because its gonna pick up all stackables, even if u dont want them lol.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

runeknight95 said:

Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex

Too much

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

The Life Ring saved me today. I got to 10hp and it didn't tele me at 10hp, it teled me when I got to 5hp. So I guess you have to be under 10hp to be teled... Which means, say you're at 15hp and the npc hits a 20.. You're dead I imagine (correct me if im wrong)... But if so then its like it has a 50% chance of saving you depending on if you end up in between 1-10hp or not

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Nocashkilla said:

The Life Ring saved me today. I got to 10hp and it didn't tele me at 10hp, it teled me when I got to 5hp. So I guess you have to be under 10hp to be teled... Which means, say you're at 15hp and the npc hits a 20.. You're dead I imagine (correct me if im wrong)... But if so then its like it has a 50% chance of saving you depending on if you end up in between 1-10hp or not

it says it teles when you fall below 10%. 10hp is still technically above 10% as 9.9hp is technically 10%. meaning you would need to fall below 9.9 hp.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

let alone pay 1million gold to enchant it. A solid +2 to range max hit could make it interesting, and worthwhile to use.

What else you going to the spend the million on? the best item in the game is 200k, there is nothing else to buy, so it's worth the mill.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Re: Archer's ring, the way mage and range attributes are calculated, the +2 ranged bonus should be on par with the magic ring bonus.

As for everything else, we will push changed ring attributes very soon.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

For the reflection ring nerf I was thinking to set the chance of reflection to (enemy hits stat level) / 100. Also will reduce the limit to 24 damage dealt total before destruction. So flats will blow through them, while at lower levels they won't be reflecting every single round of combat. Yes they're all f2p, except for the enchanted dragonstone ring (but it too will be nerfed and then it will be fine to be f2p). The rings have no requirements, except dragonslayer and demonslayer ring require those quests done.

Actually here, these are the adjustments I'm pretty set on if you're interested to read. Everything not mentioned would stay the same.

Ring nerfs/buffs (click to show) ▼

Player avatar

eloquentbank Send PM

subscriber

Would be cool if the rings that pick up stackables worked across barriers, like when ranging dragons

Player avatar

coltan16 Send PM

subscriber

Nice write up gleu! And billy!, waita take some criticism like a champ, thats a winners attitude.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Here's why I have issues with these +1 armor additions. 1 armor means NOTHING. in full staking gear were already 246 armor. infact that is a 0.004 increase to defense. worth 1mill? yeah right. the prayer bonus is pointless as well. In terms of pking, that percentage will be slightly higher, but still quite insignificant as players will take recoil ring over it any day. simply because they're cheap and honestly more effective.

hell the recoil ring has already proven to be a better choice in staking then the obsidian ring.

Now you're nerfing the demon slayer ring? it was one of the worthwhile rings, and now you wrecked it. I'm sure glad I didn't enchant it yet.

If you aren't willing to give these new rings some realisitic stats, they will simply never be worth risking/farming/buying. especially when you compare them to the recoil ring, who even at reflecting only 24 damage before breaking is vastly superior. Due to cost vs effectiveness.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Re: Archer's ring, the way mage and range attributes are calculated, the +2 ranged bonus should be on par with the magic ring bonus.

well if you want to give me a archers ring for my arrowhead ring and 1m gp just to test it out. I'd be more then willing. however i will not spend the 1mill gp without some kind of prove to this.

Player avatar

Larvar Send PM

subscriber

Larvar said:

GLeU said:

Billy said:

well if you want to give me a archers ring for my arrowhead ring and 1m gp just to test it out. I'd be more then willing. however i will not spend the 1mill gp without some kind of prove to this.

I have already spent 1m enchanting arrowhead ring. Will try and find time to test it out. If not pm me in game and I'll happily lend you the archer ring while holding on to your arrow+1m

Just did some testing, made a thread about it here http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=70740

Professional edge sitter

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Ring are a unessary addition to the game so the  3 hit pker can previal and the guys that are dumb rich can afford to previal.admins should at least make f2p classic style

Glue ur  a half rated pker you fall under the rich prevail cadagory if you have any questions where u stand but you should know this by now

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (4 Feb 2017 19:11)

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Cortibby Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Ring are a unessary addition to the game so the  3 hit pker can previal and the guys that are dumb rich can afford to previal.admins should at least make f2p classic style

Glue ur  a half rated pker you fall under the rich prevail cadagory if you have any questions where u stand but you should know this by now

The grammar and spelling in this post gave me cancer.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Cortibby said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Oopsie said:

Cortibby said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

I just died