New quest, new item, gp sink all in one!

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

So I was reading runeknight95's post in the feedback section http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11162 and it got me thinking. 

I propose a new quest that gives a new item for killing dragons.  I'm not super creative so for now let's call it a warrior shield lol.  This shield would require a lengthy quest with tough requirements to complete.  Let's say hero's completed as well as 1400 skill total.

The quest should be based around a new dragon you need to kill (possibly be something you can only kill after quest for newly released dragon drops?) or could just make it a quest npc.  Anyways the old anti dragon breath shield won't cut it.  The thing is after you gather everything needed to make the new shield it is costly to forge the first time.  Costing a person  (insert price here).  I'd say anywhere from 1m to 5m. After the quest you can re purchase for 50k now that they have discovered the secrets to forge it.  Also if you have 90 smithing and one of each type of bar (bronze to rune)  you can Smith it yourself. 

The shield will block all fire (even the first hit)  from dragons and poison from spiders or other creatures. It will have a defense bonus only while fighting dragons.  And have defense stats somewhere around what a rune kite has for other npcs/pking.   But the cool part would be customization of these shields looks.  Shields are bland in this game.  It would be cool if you could customize this shield with symbols or colours. (maybe to match that pink party hat big_smile) but the thing is each shield dye or symbol costs (insert price) 500k ish each.  These wouldn't be required but would look cool while edge sitting.  You could also just have a blank shield for slaying dragons and a ballin one to edge sit with.  If you die with a customized shield it just drops a plain one. (once a shield is customized it's untradeable, or you can have only one customized one).  This promotes  the gp sink.  That way you cant just trade away one you don't like.   You gotta drop the gp again into the sink for a new colour or symbol.  You can have as many blank ones as you want and they are tradeable as long s's both people have completed the quest. 

Anyway that was a really long post.  Let me know what ya think.

Last edited by Tjd9 (26 Jan 2017 02:27)

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Yrah, Xmas event made the game boring. All the fun and hype is gone and I need to see new content. +1

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

We need a item sink. make it cost a dmed to do things lol

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]