Range skill edit

Player avatar

bread Send PM

subscriber

Let's make range a skill you can 1 vs 1 with like  rs2.
Range doesnt have the capability to 3 hit anyone so what harm is it to make it a combat 1 vs 1 skill?

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

If someone swinging at you with a sword how the hell you going shoot a bow the sword would cut that shit in half

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

bread Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

If someone swinging at you with a sword how the hell you going shoot a bow the sword would cut that shit in half

you should re-read what you said and see if it makes sense.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

What's rs2?

Best Ninja

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

-1 ranged is a RANGED skill as the name implies.  Making close range ranging  would be a game breaker. Unless the ammo only did like 1/3 of the damage. You need a we foot from the bow for the arrow to increase velocity and spin enough to deal real ranged damage. If anything make it deal more damage for further targets and less for those closer to the ranger.

Last edited by scornedmagi (21 Dec 2016 18:29)

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Well, i dont support this rs2 shit.. But a real talk.. Range is useless in RSC at this point when u get 40 pray.. And its a pain in the ass to train. some buff's to range doesn't hurt...

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Trupk3r said:

Well, i dont support this rs2 shit.. But a real talk.. Range is useless in RSC at this point when u get 40 pray.. And its a pain in the ass to train. some buff's to range doesn't hurt...

Range aint useless to lower lvls pking but yes flats with very high prayer doesn't bother em lol

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Trupk3r said:

I'm usually in support of rs2 additions (like equip tab) but I gotta agree that close-ranged combat doesn't and won't work on RSC.

What we should do instead is take a closer look at the lvl 40 prayer as you mentioned. On rs3, all of the protect prayers provide 50% protection - I think this would be a good balance for RSC as well for the lvl 40 prayer.  The drain should be slightly lowered as well - should be somewhere between 30-45 instead of 60.  To compliment this higher level prayers should be added, providing up to 80% protection but with the regular drain rate of 60.

From there we must determine how the "protection" will be programmed. Let's take the 50% for example -  should every arrow hit you, but with the maximum hit reduced by 50% - or should there be a 50% chance of a given arrow shot missing you completely, with maximum damage still being theoretically possible?

Something to think about. It needs to happen. Training range SUCKS - and a lvl 40 prayer to disable it completely is an OP oversight from RSC that needs to be fixed.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Fine as it is, like Blunt said makes no logic, same as stupid RS2 eating during a sword fight.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Leave RSC alone. We loved the game as it was, most of us chose not to move over to rs2 for a reason. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Like rs2 features? Go play rs2..

Best Ninja

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

New bows that have weapon power and aim and make 40 prayer only do 50%.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

bread Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

New bows that have weapon power and aim and make 40 prayer only do 50%.

~K!zL

Agreed.

Player avatar

18 Skills Send PM

No thank you sir.

IGN: 18 Skills and King of Edge.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

maybe like a dumb DM arena RNG luck based thing it could be fun. but outside of that nah lol.

Player avatar

bread Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

maybe like a dumb DM arena RNG luck based thing it could be fun. but outside of that nah lol.

Range cant 3 hit you in combat so what harm would it do?

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

I could see having protect from melee mage and range 30% 50% and 80% prayers being cool. Melee 80% being a ridiculous drain however. And taking 70+ prayer

Player avatar

monkeybutt Send PM