Updated 12/19 - Bank, batches, slayer, tolls & Iron Man

Player avatar

Wyrd Send PM

subscriber

Alright, here goes.

Minor additions include bank tabs, bank sorting and batch completion sound on Android.

1. Bank tabs
2. Bank auto sort
2 1/2. Slow bank scroll speed for droid
3. Batch completion sound
4. Runecrafting(nuff said) & Slayer
5. Toll fares and quick shop
6. Iron man NPC
7. Expounding on Iron JTDs thread
8. Add option to remove client side skilling notifications
9. Chat improvements

1. With bank tabs, first, why not? Pretty simple. Allow an additional banking mechanic. Doesn't hurt a thing. Bank sorting is another story. Currently, it works, but it's a little buggy. Add an auto sort button. So here's one solution:

2. Add a secondary ID to items. So 1, for example,  would be ores. 2, it follows logically, would be bars. Following that, make it so it sorts alphabetically  within each secondary ID. So from left to right, just with ores and bars as an example, it would be like so "Adamantite ore, coal, iron ore, runite ore, Adamantite bar, gold bar, runite bar" and so on. Simple enough, yeah?

Edit: I'll add that the auto sort button should be tab specific. Some may like specific tabs sorted a specific way. Being sorted alphabetically wouldn't spoil herb IDs either. They're sorted by type and name, so they would be sorted randomly within their secondary ID.

3. Next up is batch completion sound. So, I'll use PC as an example. Multi tasking and multi clienting is easy. You can fit it all on one screen and see what's going on easily enough. Not so with droid. We can multi client with app cloner, yes, but it's difficult to keep tabs. So my suggestion is that we have a toggle option within the settings that allows for a not so annoying sound bit to play for out-of-focus clients when it completes a batch of 5-10+. Another easy addition to the game, especially considering how large the Droid player base is by comparison.

4. Slayer skill. Ignoring the rsc purists, I see no downside to this. Adds a unique skill, adds an additional money making method for iron men, and would attract more players. Being opposed to improvements such as this hinders progress and server growth in my opinion. I'm sure there are other benefits to this as well.

5. Add a quick menu/pay option for the ship fares, shops, Al Khalid, and other various NPCs.

6. Iron man need a mod every time we go to complete certain quests that require trading. Simply add a Iron man quest NPC with untradable quest items.

7. I suggest an Iron man area for untradable quest items and rares(Iron JTDs idea). So stick the iron man NPC from Lumbridge, a gold sink rares shop and an NPC for untradable quest items in an iron man "mall." See Iron JTDs post here: http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=10806

8. I don't know about you guys but I like being able to see the chat rather than fishing and mining spam. So add an option in settings to toggle that.

9. Chat improvements. Add a party tab. Actually label the tabs as well. Quest tab isn't really quests anymore so much as ::1. I'd also suggest that alongside typing ::# for a channel, that simply clicking on another tab and typing without the ::# will also work.

That's all I have for now, folks. Tell me what you think. We'll discuss it.

Last edited by Wyrd (20 Dec 2016 00:00)

Player avatar

Shred Send PM

subscriber

BANK TABS PLEASE my bank is way unorganized!! +1

Slayer could work.
Some servers have runecrafting. So it can be done technically I am positive.

Player avatar

Wyrd Send PM

subscriber

I'll go ahead and bump this because it seems to be getting overlooked.

Player avatar

OxReapeRxO Send PM

subscriber

I agree +1

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I like the ideas. +1 from me. The chat needs better sorting. I hate missing important game in for if the chat scrolls and some of the came stuff doesn't stay in the scrollable part either. Miss level gains and stuff quite often....

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Wyrd Send PM

subscriber

scornedmagi said:

I hate missing important game in for if the chat scrolls and some of the came stuff doesn't stay in the scrollable part either.

Thanks for the feedback!

Could you clarify a little on this in particular? Maybe rephrase? Not understanding.

Last edited by Wyrd (14 Dec 2016 05:16)

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Damn Android. ... what I mean is when you gain a level and the chat scrolls from a mod spamming event, players talking, etc you cant just scroll back up to see the text that says you gained a level or whatever. The game info text. The info that doesn't  appear yellow in the text box.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Wyrd Send PM

subscriber

Bump for attention.