A couple QoL Suggestions Regarding PvE Drops

Player avatar

rork Send PM

subscriber

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement any of this, but here's a few suggestions I had about QoL for farming enemies PvE:

+ Ability to toggle 'examine' option:
At least on Android, it's often difficult (at least for me) to pick up items stacked on each other if there is more than two kill's worth of drops in one spot, especially if I'm not after the bones (or in the case of demons: ashes), when I am not after everything that monster drops. If it were possible in my 'Settings interface' menu to select an option that allowed the 'Examine' option not to show up, players would be able to select more items to pick up per what is on screen at one time.

+ Ability to toggle specific items on 'Ground items':
Going along with the same theme as the above suggestion, it would be useful to be able to have an option regarding remains (bones, ashes) on the 'Ground items' toggle in the 'Settings interface' menu.  For example, choosing a 'no remains' option would show only the non-bone/ash drops from the monster, eliminating excess options on the select menu. Like the last suggestion, this probably helps Android users a lot more than PC. On a small, wide screen, the vertical selection menu can be difficult to interact with when there is a large list.

+ No dead space between NPC interaction options:
This is one is definitely for Android, but when interacting with NPCs (or crafting, fletching, smithing, etc), selecting the blue options in the top left can be the most irritating experience ever; oftentimes when having to go through a long chain of conversation with an NPC (like in Demon Slayer), you can go through selecting option after option, and then tap in an apparent dead space right above or below an option, which sometimes voids the entire interaction. Since most conversations aren't impacted by selecting the 'wrong' option, it would be awesome if there was zero dead space between options to counter the tapping in an empty spot. I don't have a stylus with me all the time to ensure exact precision.

+ Picking up items during a fight:
In densely populated, aggressive NPC areas (Hill Giants, Otherworldlys), it can be difficult to pick up specific drops when NPCs continue to attack you (most prominent in 'AFK training' areas). Being able to pick up drops while in a fight (only drops on the same square in which you stand) would eliminate most of this difficulty. EDIT: If possible, implementing this as PvE only seems to be the most popular consensus. Several posts on this thread have suggested this hurts PvP

Just my two cents big_smile Keep up the great work

Last edited by rork (1 Dec 2016 14:46)

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

first one- would be cool. good for people who know what all items are already and there use
second - Would be cool for farming , might be able to be implemented in the furute, couldn't see why not
third - Not an android player but i agree that would be annoying, its even annoying when you do it on p.c , They should update to no dead space for both
fourth - I'm going to have to -1 that, It would change the game itself largely, in a negative way.

Last edited by knack baby (30 Nov 2016 15:37)

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

pooperdoop Send PM

subscriber

The dialogue numbers are useful, especially on pc, but I still don't understand how that's an excuse for having terrible hitbox coverage of dialogue options. Good suggestions rork.

Player avatar

rork Send PM

subscriber

knack baby said:

first one- would be cool. good for people who know what all items are already and there use
second - Would be cool for farming , might be able to be implemented in the furute, couldn't see why not
third - Not an android player but i agree that would be annoying, its even annoying when you do it on p.c , They should update to no dead space for both
fourth - I'm going to have to -1 that, It would change the game itself largely, in a negative way.

Thanks for the input, but just out of curiosity for elaboration, how does it change the game itself to allow picking up same-space drops during a fight? I'm not lobbying for being able to food/potion during a fight, just pick up the things already present. If for some reason it's only the wilderness that this causes a problem with, why not just disable the feature once you cross the wilderness line, or take it away from skulled players only? Just wanting to know more of why you're -1 on this.

beatdown said:

N0m added numbers to dialogue for the reasons stated in 3rd section

Just open your keyboard and press 1 for dialogue option 1, etc

I had forgotten about this but even so, I feel like getting rid of the dead space would be a much better fix.

pooperdoop said:

The dialogue numbers are useful, especially on pc, but I still don't understand how that's an excuse for having terrible hitbox coverage of dialogue options. Good suggestions rork.

I agree, I find myself using the numbers more on PC also. Thanks.

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

rork said:

Thanks for the input, but just out of curiosity for elaboration, how does it change the game itself to allow picking up same-space drops during a fight? I'm not lobbying for being able to food/potion during a fight, just pick up the things already present. If for some reason it's only the wilderness that this causes a problem with, why not just disable the feature once you cross the wilderness line, or take it away from skulled players only? Just wanting to know more of why you're -1 on this.

Pking is why im -1 on this... edit: just ntoiced the wilderness part... But it would change the feel of the game a lot. I just telegrab stuff i farm.

Last edited by knack baby (30 Nov 2016 18:13)

[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

rork Send PM

subscriber

knack baby said:

rork said:

Pking is why im -1 on this..

Then there you go: as a viable fix just don't allow it in Wilderness.
That being said, you can already telekinetic grab items during battle 100% uninterrupted, so I don't really see any major harm in same-space pickups.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

rork said:

knack baby said:

rork said:

That being said, you can already telekinetic grab items during battle 100% uninterrupted, so I don't really see any major harm in same-space pickups.

well when its in wild you can stop someone from picking up a kill by attacking them. So there's that.

if it wasn't in the wild I don't see why not.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

rork said:

knack baby said:

well when its in wild you can stop someone from picking up a kill by attacking them. So there's that.

if it wasn't in the wild I don't see why not.

~K!zL

Coming from the guy with +1 replica in his sig. Sigh

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I just don't want the loot during combat.  All the other stuff is solid. I don't want the pick ups for 1 reason. ... it would make farming too easy. Tele grave take items to be able to use it to do in combat. That's why it's ok. I wouldn't want to see people  farm that fast. We have enough items as  is in some categories.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

rork Send PM

subscriber

scornedmagi said:

I just don't want the loot during combat.  All the other stuff is solid. I don't want the pick ups for 1 reason. ... it would make farming too easy. Tele grave take items to be able to use it to do in combat. That's why it's ok. I wouldn't want to see people  farm that fast. We have enough items as  is in some categories.

Fair enough, that seems to be the general consensus