Event Startup

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

It would be nice to have some structure during events.

Say a mod calls out on global, "Event in 10 minutes." After people get ready and ::event opens. We spend another 10 minutes asking for bank or edge teleport to get stuff we forgot.

My suggestion. Call event in 10 minutes, open ::event, enclose the ::event teleport and make bank chest and Skipper available. Explain event in those 10 minutes to people who dont know what the event entitles. After the 10 minutes is up, close ::event. If it needs to be explained again.. do so for 2 minutes tops, then get the event underway.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Uncle said:

It would be nice to have some structure during events.

Say a mod calls out on global, "Event in 10 minutes." After people get ready and ::event opens. We spend another 10 minutes asking for bank or edge teleport to get stuff we forgot.

My suggestion. Call event in 10 minutes, open ::event, enclose the ::event teleport and make bank chest and Skipper available. Explain event in those 10 minutes to people who dont know what the event entitles. After the 10 minutes is up, close ::event. If it needs to be explained again.. do so for 2 minutes tops, then get the event underway.

+1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

+1

I still won that event after I didn't realize it even started, most of us didn't even notice that the event had been announced to begin.

I was even able to ask on global if it started, waiting at the starting point and ended up casually winning because no one really knew if it had begun apart from players scattering.

There were also a few new players that have never experienced the event before, so they had no idea what was even happening. It may get repetitive, but there was a definite need for explanation.

At the finish of the race, there was no mod to trade and so me and 1 other player were ''tied'' because there was no clear finish line. Many people didn't even know the rules, let alone know if they were supposed to trade a mod to win.

I'm not bashing the event, just saying what I observed. I'm astonished that I won with such a late start, but it was easy considering I was familiar with the event, several players were not and really lucked-out.

Player avatar

Mod Savage Send PM

mod

First off, I do run structured boxing and survivals. The wait on the event was actually a request from a playerror sorry to accommodate. Second usually in races you trade mod first to win wasn't sure how much of a culture shock that was. And even though you did not win I gave 1.1 to 2nd and 3rd that also traded me for some strange reason...... third maybe we need to think of events as something fun with usually a good reward and not just complain ando cause problems and talk trash I think I'm the only mod I've seen cut the trash talk and ban a few people from my events. Third I love you guys I like hopping on and doing nom stop events for anow hour or two it's fun and most of you enjoy it I try to make it as fun and entertaining as possible so remember nothing done by me is ever out of hate or unfairness we are all human things don't always run smooth but one thing we can do is be positive and enjoy obstacles

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 57#p81557/
Automated play is a bannable offense!
savage@rscrevolution.com    discord @Savage  in game Mod Savage

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

Definitely not trying to bash the mods by any means..

I just think it would be a good idea to have ::event surrounded so people can only reach bankbox and Skipper before the event starts.. that way they can get their gear and go back to edge if they need to. It will also allow people who dont know what to expect a chance to talk with other players who have, while everyone is getting ready for the event to begin.