Wilderness worlds separated by cmb and style of play

Player avatar

Monkpk Send PM

subscriber

You guys let literally 1 person at this moment ruin your wild.. "beat" and he takes pride in doing so... you need to limit ips, make a 15 second timer after you kill someone no1 can attack you for 10-15 seconds you also need to make it where a person can only be maged or ranged by 1 other alt so you cant be teamed by 3-4 ppl ranging and maging 1 person

Last edited by Monkpk (24 Oct 2016 20:11)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

That's just it, we talk about all these problems with multi logging etc, but it's actually one guy who's the issue by mass multi logging, then acting an ass.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Also would be fine adding more black demons to wilderness but where?

Add 3 to where the two greaters are, and a black dragon to the red dragons, would be great.

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

I dont pk much but I dont think splitting up our already small community would be the best idea.

#1 MINER

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

My thoughts-

I think this could really fix our problem: one character per player per area in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

Coupled with *drumroll* all kills reported to ::2 (names, combat levels, and wilderness level). This has been suggested numerous times and would have the effect of focusing PK styles. So if 33s looks like it's going off, everyone gets their 33s, same for pures, flats etc.

Finally, Zeonk should randomly teleport you to some other Zeonk location rather than a specific choice. This will make his presence still convenient, while slowing down people who want to jump right back in or multi.

Thoughts on this 3 part idea?

I'm willing to try anything better than what we have to fix wildy before team DM / CTF.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

My thoughts-

I think this could really fix our problem: one character per MAC address per area in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

Coupled with *drumroll* all kills reported to ::2 (names, combat levels, and wilderness level). This has been suggested numerous times and would have the effect of focusing PK styles. So if 33s looks like it's going off, everyone gets their 33s, same for pures, flats etc.

Finally, Zeonk should randomly teleport you to some other Zeonk location rather than a specific choice. This will make his presence still convenient, while slowing down people who want to jump right back in or multi.

I'm willing to try anything better than what we have to fix wildy before team DM / CTF.

Seems like a good idea to me. I haven't had to deal with things as long as everyone else, so maybe I miss something, but at the very least, some restrictions from the wilderness monopoly will be better than whats current. What is considered an area in the wilderness?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

I would like to add to Billys post that we are also thinking of bringing back the freeze timer to help against character parking without hurting people training in wild too much. It may be a random time, not too long, not too short, but enough that it would help.

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

I think this could really fix our problem: one character per MAC address per area in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

So what happens when you kill a person? He has to wait 10-20 minutes to go back into wildy? Or is it reset?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Mainframe said:

Billy said:

So what happens when you kill a person? He has to wait 10-20 minutes to go back into wildy? Or is it reset?

Basically a second character of yours would be unable to log in or travel to the same maparea/quadrant in wildy, for ten or 20 minutes after being there. An area is considered anywhere in the same load screen.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

My thoughts-

Let's give it ago, wild is completely dead, it just isn't working everyone you speak to has the same issue, multi logging and beats cheating.

Last edited by Nyx (24 Oct 2016 23:20)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Nyx said:

Billy said:

My thoughts-

Let's give it ago, wild is completely dead, it just isn't working everyone you speak to has the same issue, multi logging and beats cheating.

PLZ I LIKE THIS BILLY! +1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Mainframe said:

Billy said:

Basically a second character of yours would be unable to log in or travel to the same maparea/quadrant in wildy, for ten or 20 minutes after being there. An area is considered anywhere in the same load screen.

No... ppl want to pk different lvls. Remove castle and graveyard from monk zenok, 1 ip in wild. If The parking becomes an problem then reinsert The 5-10sek freezetimer.

Last edited by Stolt Archer (25 Oct 2016 07:35)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Boneknuckles Send PM

subscriber

X

Last edited by Boneknuckles (13 Feb 2017 07:08)

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

+1 on mad zeonk

Old rsc the warning for wildy was a real warning, people even camp at the border.

Pkers would agree we track the most likely highways players use, why not have it back to 1 point of orgin.