Monthly/Weekly Wilderness PK Ladder Tournaments?

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

How hard would this be to implement?

Set up tournaments for every 10 level increments (3-13, 14-23, 24-33, 34-43, etc...) where you are assigned a ranking as soon as you enter the wilderness. 1st person into the wilderness during tournament time = Rank 1, 2nd person = Rank 2 , etc.

During the set time if you are ranked 100th and you kill the 5th ranked player, you are now ranked 5th. If you are then killed by the 39th ranked player, you are now 39th and he/she is 5th.

Weekly ladder: If you go more than 24 hours without a top-100 kill you are dropped to the bottom of the ladder. (top-100 potentially eliminates killing their own alt to remain?)
Monthly ladder: If you go more than 72 hours without a top-100 kill are dropped to the bottom of the ladder. (top-100 potentially eliminates killing their own alt to remain?)

Potential Rewards:

1st place in each bracket

• A title that persists until the end of the next season ("Champion", "Bloodthirsty", "Brutal", are just examples
  • A set of recolored replica armor (recolored to replicate the full dragon set everyone wants?) that suits their current defense level. (Armor is UNTRADABLE, and disappears on death. Can be used to train in, or stand around and look pretty. Risk in wilderness at your own choosing.)
  • A pretty cape showcasing their PK prowess

Runner-up in each bracket

• A not-quite-as-badass title ("Knight", "Fierce", etc..)
  • A not-as-pretty cape
  • A cool hat to wear... maybe like Bunny Ears but demon horns?

I think this would help put an end to endless team PKing and encourage some solo adventuring into the wilderness. You can still PK with your team... sure. But do you trust them not to kill your ass to move up the ladder? There is no incentive for them to help you win because you can't share the title or the wearable with them.

Obviously everything as far as rewards go can be voted on and debated... these are just ideas. Things to maybe get more people into the wilderness more often?

Love it? Hate it? Change something about it?

[Edit] I also figure since we already track who PK'd who and put it on a feed on the home page it would just be a matter of assigning ranks to characters then some scripting to handle when one kills another swap spots. Idk... I'm not a programmer and don't have any idea how difficult and time consuming this would be.

Last edited by meyvn (30 Jun 2016 16:45)

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I really like the idea of earning titles.

+1

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

+1 great structure.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Bazooka Send PM

subscriber

+1

got blunt?

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Not bad although I would just limit it to a title and special cape or head piece I think armor set is a bit much. As for runner up meh I say winner take all. one problem I do see is someone securing #1 with less than 24 hours left then just not logging back in. Perhaps a points per kill per rank and more points for unique kills? I don't know just seems if there is a way to abuse something someone will inevitably do it.

Last edited by Ghasp (30 Jun 2016 21:49)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

Not bad although I would just limit it to a title and special cape or head piece I think armor set is a bit much. As for runner up meh I say winner take all. one problem I do see is someone securing #1 with less than 24 hours left then just not logging back in. Perhaps a points per kill per rank and more points for unique kills? I don't know just seems if there is a way to abuse something someone will inevitably do it.

I considered that about the final 24 hours as well, which is why I asked opinions. I was thinking the final 6 or 12 hours could be treated like a sudden death round and if you didn't spend X amount of time logged in then you forfeit your spot. Yea, sure, something may come up and cause you to be unable to play... but it's just a game, right? If you want to win then you find a way.

As for the armor set, it wouldn't be any bonus stats or anything fancy. Just essentially a replica set of armor that looks like the full set of dragon armor that is so frequently suggested. And the armor is also a one-time reward... if you die, it's gone. At the end of the next tournament it's gone. This kind of kills two birds with one stone. Gives a pretty good incentive to participate You give them a set of armor that looks like the real thing without breaking the game or forcing devs/mods to rebalance anything.

But either way everything, including rewards, would be open to debate to ensure it was as fair as possible and I'm sure my idea has/had some holes in it.

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Nice +1

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Why do people need incentives to pk? I see every no name pker likes this idea.....

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Why do people need incentives to pk? I see every no name pker likes this idea.....

Because pking sucks since 2009 after 90% of the pkers left and found better games.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook