Suggestion thread regarding low online count

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

Ok so, as everyone has probably noticed we're getting pretty bad online counts lately, 20-60 online at once.
Castle empty pretty much 24/7.
Meanwhile competing serv maxes at around 140 online or so.

Think the situation as it is now calls for something to be done about things so I'm starting this brainstorming thread.

I don't know how it turned out like this so sudden. I didn't play for two weeks, all was fine before (or at least not terrible) and now it's like this.
The hotspot update is cool and there are events taking place but it is obvious it ain't enough.

I expect some ppl will come to this thread with the "let's advertize" posts but let's be realistic; it mostly brings us casual players who play the android app and who only skill. We have to reach out for the hardcores aka the pkers still around in the RSC scene.

Now, if someone is well-established on another server with several accounts and lots of items in their bank it is not without drastic measures that we will be able to lure them here. We have to make it crazy-easy to go from starting with nothing to having a competent account to pk with.

A few options coming to my mind:

1) Yet another exp boost for combat. When some players from turnip were trying to switch here they wanted higher rates. It's been done a few times now and I'm sceptical as to if it'll have an impact. Don't think it's enough, because when you're new you will in any case start with no items and that's the crappy part about starting over; having to go mine and fish. Also the turnip switchers complained about getting afk pked while training in wild.
2) Transfers. I've been against transfers mainly but things are looking pretty desperate now and starting to think that we might have to offer transfers.. Cb stats fully, limit on pray, X% of items.
3) Pk accounts with ::setstat command. Everyone gets to make 1 pk account that can set cb stats. Starts with a full rune, has access to a Master Fisher that gives out some crap food such as salmon or tuna.

I know they are hardly the kind of stuff that people would want implemented but things are looking quite shitty for us right now. There'll be an empty server celebrating the 2nd anniversary of this server at this rate.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

It's not hard to train out of Wildy..for your excuse for the turnip just for the record..server has it highs and lows..like any other game...make a swordfish spawn for a start...New players that come here to pk on a 1 defense pure..why would they pay 1k per swordfish..it's not like they could afford regardless..I could afford to pay that but still wont..also its slow process gettting tons of swordfish..never mind the junk tuna.. as it is trying to get swordfish...Wildy slowed up..it's more f2p then p2p and look at prices of swordfish...and ones supprised why wildy is worse off..zzz.. as for transfers..they should get melee stats, 60 pray tops...bank not included..maybe one set of rune,2h
d long. 70 cooking fishing at the most..this would be a last ditch effort if anything..Wildy isn't as dead as people make out as such..but it's been a lot better thats for sure.

Last edited by padwan121 (21 Nov 2015 20:55)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Itsoverguys Send PM

padwan121 said:

It's not hard to train out of Wildy..for your excuse for the turnip just for the record..server has it highs and lows..like any other game...make a swordfish spawn for a start...New players that come here to pk on a 1 defense pure..why would they pay 1k per swordfish..it's not like they could afford regardless..I could afford to pay that but still wont..also its slow process gettting tons of swordfish..never mind the junk tuna.. as it is trying to get swordfish...Wildy slowed up..it's more f2p then p2p and look at prices of swordfish...and ones supprised why wildy it worse off..zzz.. as for transfers..they should get melee stats 60 pray tops...bank not included..maybe one set of rune and 70 cooking fishing at the most..this would be a last ditch effort if anything..Wildy isn't as dead as people make out as such..but it's been a lot better that a for sure.

Funny how for months we told everyone here how much of a benefit transfers would have for your community, nobody listened, labeled them ''turnip players'' and told them they weren't welcome. Now you're server is on the verge of collapse, look at everyone changing their tune. Too little too late, what with the updates Pyru has just done, good luck taking any of their players.  So funny. Always too little to late at Revolution.

Player avatar

lil glory Send PM

subscriber

^ facts.

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Itsoverguys said:

padwan121 said:

It's not hard to train out of Wildy..for your excuse for the turnip just for the record..server has it highs and lows..like any other game...make a swordfish spawn for a start...New players that come here to pk on a 1 defense pure..why would they pay 1k per swordfish..it's not like they could afford regardless..I could afford to pay that but still wont..also its slow process gettting tons of swordfish..never mind the junk tuna.. as it is trying to get swordfish...Wildy slowed up..it's more f2p then p2p and look at prices of swordfish...and ones supprised why wildy it worse off..zzz.. as for transfers..they should get melee stats 60 pray tops...bank not included..maybe one set of rune and 70 cooking fishing at the most..this would be a last ditch effort if anything..Wildy isn't as dead as people make out as such..but it's been a lot better that a for sure.

Funny how for months we told everyone here how much of a benefit transfers would have for your community, nobody listened, labeled them ''turnip players'' and told them they weren't welcome. Now you're server is on the verge of collapse, look at everyone changing their tune. Too little too late, what with the updates Pyru has just done, good luck taking any of their players.  So funny. Always too little to late at Revolution.

This server does real updates, Other server makes things easier by increasing drops EXP and giving back old files from the previous version Spawning mass amount of items. so nothing has to be earned. ( combat stats only what about the skillers? )  seems only those who whine get acknowledged

Totally fucking over anyone who has actually put any real effort into playing with them. Also iv logged on the player count is obviously boosted and full of bots/multi loggers.

This server has a much greater rate of actual new players coming and staying, Them the player base is 90% the same as it was in 2010

Last edited by glass of water (21 Nov 2015 21:27)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

The reason they're numbers are way ahead of us is because they offered STAT TRANSFERS FROM V1. THE VERY THING SOOOOO MANY OF US PUSHED FOR HERE.

Player avatar

i lee i Send PM

subscriber

lol jesus this again , I'm sorry but n0m already tried everything to get those players over here and they said if you change this and this and this they would come he has done so and yet they still haven't came over. not to mention every time that n0m has done something , pyru has just done something more drastic to keep his player base. basically what I've seen is regardless what you do they'll never come here plain and simple lol. like stated they have been playing that server for years do you guys honestly think that they'll come and play here even with stat transfers and nothing more highly unlikely. the best part of it all is they all claim how they have lives and jobs etc and can't be bothered to grind so n0m did the plat sub thing. than they bitched how they aren't  paying for subs with rl cash to get better xp , even though they all have admitted this is a far superior server , better staff , actual updates. I'm sorry but at the end of the day its same shit no actual result. you can not please them enough to where they are going to finally say fuck turnip and commit to revolution. I've watched it happen time and time again with these guys and they have never been satisfied enough to where they left pyru's server. And honestly they never will but if you guys do decide to do char transfer best of luck and hope it does work out but from past changes etc for these guys it hasn't. anyways just my 2 cents gl all

Player avatar

y0y0 y0s Send PM

subscriber

I am going to bed right now, i'll read through all posts n shit later on.

But yes, I agree on alot here, and disagree.

I'll come up with my thoughts when I wake up!

Peace!

yoyo yos

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Itsoverguys said:

padwan121 said:

Banned me for telling you it how it is - you should have listened to us 6 months ago because we aren't listening now. The count there is just gonna keep on rising.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Oopsie said:

Itsoverguys said:

padwan121 said:

Banned me for telling you it how it is - you should have listened to us 6 months ago because we aren't listening now. The count there is just gonna keep on rising.

The only thing turnip has on rscre is corruption plain and simple. N0m did you guys a favour and you came here, that says a lot about so called you guys when it comes to turnip huh? Then you guys left due to crying about been attacked trying to train in wildy. Did you guys forget npcs are outside wildly? Iether way rscre I belive won't go anywhere, anytime soon. How turnip is still going is past me..Or wait the owner sells pixs for real cash to keep server afloat..thats if he is not already in debt..Or he is a rich fool..turnip enjoy fake player count,bots, and the rest of the corruption that comes with it.
Rip.

Last edited by padwan121 (22 Nov 2015 15:08)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

The reason they're numbers are way ahead of us is because they offered STAT TRANSFERS FROM V1. THE VERY THING SOOOOO MANY OF US PUSHED FOR HERE.

Yep, xfers are the only way.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

GLeU said:

~K!zL

It's 2 late now. So many people have over a hundred accounts cause of v1 transfers.

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

GLeU said:

KizL said:

GLeU said:

~K!zL

It's 2 late now. So many people have over a hundred accounts cause of v1 transfers.

That is funny, people having 100+ accounts. That is also great for us if you ask me. What new player is going to stay when they have to compete with players with 100+ accounts?. And how long before the people without them quit because of it?

Last edited by glass of water (23 Nov 2015 09:24)