2 Ideas for helping RSCR.

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

#1 Remove the 100 day Cage. I read the reason why this was added but honestly this has done more harm than good.

I myself have logged in on Random accounts and not been let free due to a mod not being on at the time.
So it would be safe too assume others have also. Most probably logged out and left, how is that good for server?

#1.1 If Staff will not Consider this I have a better solution.   
Put the cage in a populated place like Edgeville
This way other players can possibly help by informing a mod of a returning Account. Also Player might stick around longer
if they see others around compared with an empty room and a cage.   

2.  Mass unban.  Server been up 5 years and lots of people have been banned for many reasons I say give everyone a second chance.
Lets face it this game is old AF and losses appeal every year time passes. Hard bringing in new players when you compare this with whats available today.
Our main player base is only getting older id guess majority are 25+ most with lives they must attend.

So why not give everyone a second chance?

Like ya you would need to make a few exceptions for accounts with mass rares that could harm the games market.
But why not give everyone a second chance.

What does the server got to lose? its been up 5 years and seems less popular now then 2 years ago. 

Regarding bots. 
Pretending Mods catch all bots is laughable.  Just as many people have not been caught as have been caught for bot use.   Giving these people a second chance will increase the chances of them returning.  Some might never even know of this mass unban.     This will also save mods plenty of time and headaches digging through countless pages of ban logs just to deny someone for  400 fish they auto in 2015.

Last edited by joe dirt (21 Jul 2019 19:08)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

1st idea great

2nd u aren't wrong, alot of ppl been driven away from bans over petty shit, also from minor/major botting minor/major rwt, I think they'd have to wipe every bank really, probably be quicker than manually checking them all too

might bring some people back but idk doesn't seem viable, think about all the racist names n shit too that have been banned, but that's a whole other tale for another day lol I know free speech on rscrevolution private servers is something you are personally emotionally invested in, I don't disagree entirely with that stance within reason but unfortunately the community that's left is mostly a bunch of nancies who don't like that kind of stuff
I mean our ''community manager'' censored literally every word to do with the female anatomy, and anything remotely sexist, that shit baffled me really. Fair enough banning someone with a name like Nigguh xxxxx or Paki xxxx or whatever but censoring words like phussy and vhagina and chlitoris like rly

as much as I'd like to see ppl given another chance I just can't see it happening personally, hopefully more people can chime in on this idk I'm rambling a bit, lost the motivation and energy to bullet point these days or write with structure, advocating for whats right and protesting against all the ridiclous decisions over the years has genuinely sucked the life out of me

Last edited by xfermepoop (22 Jul 2019 10:16)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

<3

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

#1 We are going to remove the automatic jailing mechanism, it's been discussed within staff a while ago but we didn't come to another solution yet.

#2 Mass unban isn't an option as there's accounts that we absolutely don't want to enable again without taking action first, i.e bank wipe, because chances are we're letting items in economy from bug abuse/dupe.

Anyone who has been banned can appeal for their ban, we've let many players get a second chance, and sometimes even third one, and even in very aggravated cases. If you know friends who are banned but wish to appeal, please forward them to posting an appeal, it doesn't take much time but we'll know in return who we're letting back in and can take the appropriate procedures prior to unban.

Player avatar

Helpful Send PM

n0m said:

#1 We are going to remove the automatic jailing mechanism, it's been discussed within staff a while ago but we didn't come to another solution yet.

#2 Mass unban isn't an option as there's accounts that we absolutely don't want to enable again without taking action first, i.e bank wipe, because chances are we're letting items in economy from bug abuse/dupe.

Anyone who has been banned can appeal for their ban, we've let many players get a second chance, and sometimes even third one, and even in very aggravated cases. If you know friends who are banned but wish to appeal, please forward them to posting an appeal, it doesn't take much time but we'll know in return who we're letting back in and can take the appropriate procedures prior to unban.

+1

-Helpful

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

I do see a benefit to lifting bans on accounts that weren't involved in abuse, dupes, RWT, or other things of that nature but that is a massive amount of tedious work. There's also the issue of most of those players likely not even being aware that their accounts would be reinstated.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Snosaven24 said:

n0m said:

I do see a benefit to lifting bans on accounts that weren't involved in abuse, dupes, RWT, or other things of that nature but that is a massive amount of tedious work. There's also the issue of most of those players likely not even being aware that their accounts would be reinstated.

Mass email everyone and put ads up on social media.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

fritz Send PM

subscriber

Sound like you know which ones need the bank wipes..So wipe them along with unbanning.

n0m said:

Player avatar

cryo daddy Send PM

Unban and take off perm mutes. Lets be honest, previous group of mods were ban and mute happy and they were left unchecked. We're 30 years old, dont need mods to moderate communications unless its exceptionally dark/vulgar/doxxing. If a player has a complaint about trolling (donald) tell that player to use the ignore feature instead of banning and shrinking player base.

Dont full stat wipe if someone bots one skill, just wipe that skill. Dont full bank wipe for a rwt, just wipe the item. Their loss of the item/cash is enough punishment. Player base shrunk due to harsh punishments, no one feels like starting all this over. Ban appeal is worthless, ones that should be granted get outright denied and it takes days for a response.