Caution! To those who checked Shinobi's server!

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Shinobi has been advertising his server past couple of days, we did not take any action and hoped it would stop.

Unfortunately today it has been brought to my attention that one of our players got hacked and lost some personal information and access to his emails.

When I checked Shinobi's servers clients in a safe enviroment, my antivirus has detected malware in the client download.

To whoever has already tested the client, please scan your computers for any malware and change your passwords on emails or anything important you use!

I don't know is it Shinobi doing this or is it his host of the download, I bet he will try to explain it.

Be safe everyone and and always have anti-virus on your computer and use most up-to-date browser version! If you don't have anti-virus on your pc yet you can check it out Avira it's free! https://www.avira.com/en/download/produ … -antivirus

Player avatar

cdiz Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Mod Kleio said:

Shinobi has been advertising his server past couple of days, we did not take any action and hoped it would stop.

Unfortunately today it has been brought to my attention that one of our players got hacked and lost some personal information and access to his emails.

When I checked Shinobi's servers clients in a safe enviroment, my antivirus has detected malware in the client download.

To whoever has already tested the client, please scan your computers for any malware and change your passwords on emails or anything important you use!

I don't know is it Shinobi doing this or is it his host of the download, I bet he will try to explain it.

Be safe everyone and and always have anti-virus on your computer and use most up-to-date browser version! If you don't have anti-virus on your pc yet you can check it out Avira it's free! https://www.avira.com/en/download/produ … -antivirus

ROFL! I'd suggest re-checking. There's nada malicious mate. There's been numerous registrations and the client has nothing malicious contained in it. Why it's prompting you this I have no idea.

As for whatever's happened to someone's account on RSCR, there is no correlation. Also, as for the "advertising". PM'ing friends rather than most who would blatantly spam in regular/global chat.. I mean, cmon..

Be my guest and break down the client, you'll see for yourself there is nothing harmful there.

Side note: To anyone who plays multiple servers, do NOT use the same passwords. Use a different password for each server you play.

Last edited by Shinobi (16 Jul 2016 23:01)

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Evolve Send PM

subscriber

This is hilarious. There is no malicious code inside this client. Did you scan one sent to you or downloaded directly from the boards? Because his server is legit and the client is clean. What this looks like is an attempt to stop people from leaving this shitty ass community and coming over there to play. No body has any worry about his client and if they do, download it from the official forums at jpk. boards.net and go to http://virus total.com and run a free scan of it themselves. This post is a low blow attempt to stop people from coming over to a new server of a player who got sick of the shitty community here and decided to create his own.

Last edited by Evolve (17 Jul 2016 01:16)

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Evolve said:

This is hilarious. There is no malicious code inside this client. Did you scan one sent to you or downloaded directly from the boards? Because his server is legit and the client is clean. What this looks like is an attempt to stop people from leaving this shitty ass community and coming over there to play. No body has any worry about his client and if they do, download it from the official forums at http://**** and go to http://virus total.com and run a free scan of it themselves. This post is a low blow attempt to stop people from coming over to a new server of a player who got sick of the shitty community here and decided to create his own.

There is nothing malicious, It's not rocket science to breakdown a client and find "harmful content". They know there's nothing of the sort contained within it. Having said that, I have been previously informed of this "warning" upon downloading from the upload links. Why this is prompted i'm unsure, I'll be trialling new links just to eliminate that for my own sake.

As you said though, there are methods of searching for said harmful files, anyone is free to do so just so they can see that the immediate response is a false accusation. Anyone is free to be the judge of this topic themselves. I have nothing to hide smile

Best Ninja

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

With each passing day I lose more and more respect for this server. Respect to Shinobi for keeping the advertising to just his friends and not blasting forums or in game.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

With each passing day I lose more and more respect for this server. Respect to Shinobi for keeping the advertising to just his friends and not blasting forums or in game.

I wouldn't do that anyway man, that's just lame. I will however, clear my name of any false representation for all things malicious.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I have no knowledge of if his server is legit or not. It is sad though that the development side of this server is so great (fate and n0m you are truly awesome) but the mod side seems to bring it down (no not all mods) I really think if things were run in a more professional manner it would make it feel more legit and you would have a happier community as a whole. Just because someone is popular, well known, and/or helpful does not mean they have what it takes to be a good mod.

Last edited by Ghasp (17 Jul 2016 00:29)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

I have no knowledge of if his server is legit or not. It is sad though that the development side of this server is so great (fate and n0m you are truly awesome) but the mod side seems to bring it down (no not all mods) I really think if things were run in a more professional manner it would make it feel more legit and you would have a happier community as a whole. Just because someone is popular, well known, and/or helpful does not mean they have what it takes to be a good mod.

Absolutely. I agree 100%.

Player avatar

Sun King Send PM

I don't even play this game anymore and this is my first and probably only post with this account I am too lazy to even set up a forum picture..

What is the idea of having multiple servers?? that is just stupid. Why constantly split the player base?? like if there wasn't enough of servers already?  If we had just one server rsc might have a small change of becoming rsc again..

Its not fun playing with like 10 real people and of each are using like 10 clients and even bots... in a game wheres 4-11x experience big_smile:Dlol

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

The point with multiple servers is although they all have their issues some tend to have less than others. The problem is every time one goes corrupt another pops up to offer the players a better place. As far as keeping bots out and continuing development on the game this is one of the best I have seen not to mention the android app which is super awesome. I would not mind at all if more players left other servers and came here.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

#free shin

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

When two players talk to may and say that look there is a malware warning on the client, it is my duty is to warn the players as soon as possible, check the download yourselves, there is a malware warning on the download plain and simple. Thats why I am a moderator here.

Use a different host and fix the issue of the warning.

When I will have time I will check it out in more detail, for now I am just giving a warning to the community about a threat I see.

This has nothing to do with a new server opening, please don't start any conspiracy theorys.

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

i dont see why people blast the mods here never seen or heard of people having issues with them till they break the rules and get mad they got caught...  love the server and all the staff <3

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Mod Kleio said:

When two players talk to may and say that look there is a malware warning on the client, it is my duty is to warn the players as soon as possible, check the download yourselves, there is a malware warning on the download plain and simple. Thats why I am a moderator here.

Use a different host and fix the issue of the warning.

When I will have time I will check it out in more detail, for now I am just giving a warning to the community about a threat I see.

This has nothing to do with a new server opening, please don't start any conspiracy theorys.

I'd have done the same thing if i was put in a situation like that, so I'm not pissed off. The only thing bothering me is the malware discussion. The client will i'm sure be examined and the I look forward to this entire discussion being brought to an end.

#FreeShin2016

Best Ninja

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Daz m8 u still need help getting pots to work in Wildy? Lololololol

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

zazo x said:

Daz m8 u still need help getting pots to work in Wildy? Lololololol

Nope, everything be golden Elliot. F2P/P2P switcheroonie. Still lookin' for sponsors? I hear Tampax are in the area, give em a shout.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

you tried 10 times, every single time it has failed - 1. you can't code. 2. you dont know how to run a community.
Ban this shit allready, advertising through pms or on global, who cares? - obviously his only interest is to steal players.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

larsftw said:

you tried 10 times, every single time it has failed - 1. you can't code. 2. you dont know how to run a community.
Ban this shit allready, advertising through pms or on global, who cares? - obviously his only interest is to steal players.

Wind your neck in lars. Its been online once before, averaged 80 players.

1. False
2. False
3. PM = Private Message (incase you didn't know) Key word being "Private" aka non public. So if I wanted to steal players, I wouldn't be using PM's mate. It would've been very easy to proxy and spam all over RSCR. If I had the intention of doing such, it would've happened already.
4.Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

Last edited by Shinobi (17 Jul 2016 09:58)

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

We do not allow any advertising of other servers. Good luck with your server, but don't advertise it on here.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.