Vote to keep costumes

Player avatar

jeremy51293 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I have came up with the idea to have a vote on keeping the costumes. Any supporters for my idea? I'm sure it will make every player happy. Let's get a vote on this please because it wouldn't be fair to those that didn't get any Halloween masks.

Player avatar

Mod Winter Send PM

+1 because lets face it coolest item ever

Player avatar

Amnot Send PM

subscriber

I think it's a great idea ... It is the best Halloween gift ever... Hope it's possible too!

Player avatar

deviljin777 Send PM

subscriber

Yea please keep costumes I didn't get the mask. At least make it where u can't change what you already are after event

Player avatar

joker v Send PM

subscriber

+1 for keep costumes.
If worry about mess up the game maybe we can just get to use costumes on certain day\event day.

Mad Joker
Bug Joker

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

+1 I'd like to get a chance to see it. Missed the whole Halloween fun due to moving house.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I think those who got should be able to keep it. Treat them like rsc treated bunny ears and scythe. So people can pk in them and if they die they can go and get a new 1. What would be more troll them a pack of bear hiding at arrow spawn waiting for a random nub to wander by and maul them lol. I'd give up 1 food to do that alllll day lol.

Player avatar

Helo_im_dln Send PM

subscriber

+1 Best item ever. i like teh chicken

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

+1 my favorite feature ever

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

I think those who got should be able to keep it. Treat them like rsc treated bunny ears and scythe. So people can pk in them and if they die they can go and get a new 1. What would be more troll them a pack of bear hiding at arrow spawn waiting for a random nub to wander by and maul them lol. I'd give up 1 food to do that alllll day lol.

Problem is, you can't wear items/armor etc when Costume is being wield.

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

As far as actual reasons to keep costumes other than the fact that they're cool

1) As others have said, it wouldn't be that different from other non tradeable rares even if new users don't get them.
2) won't wreck economy
3) for me it has renewed my interest in the server beyond training combat. for some reason doing costumes makes skilling etc. more fun because it is silly.
4) provides opportunities for fun events (see camel races, costume contest, costume boxing, etc.) that could potentially add to economy/staking
5) Costumes are not so convincing that they can be used to scam or otherwise harm players
6) It is something that people are excited about and the coding is already implemented so no reason to take it away
7) I have seen it add a lot of positivity to community discussions, people seem very impressed by costumes and very happy to have them. I think seeing these rares and knowing there would be a chance to get them next halloween would be something that would keep new players enticed on the long-term.

I REST MY CASE

Player avatar

D1LD0ZER Send PM

subscriber

need a black arm gang member for heros quest, pls someone assist smile

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Trupk3r said:

GLeU said:

Problem is, you can't wear items/armor etc when Costume is being wield.

That needs to be fixed lol. I would love to pk with them lol.

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

totally +1 this. i combed thru the rsc wiki and picked a very unique NPC as my costume. in rsc, scythes and bunny ears were both dropped during their respective holidays, and if u got one u got one, and if u didnt, tough shit since they too could not be traded. i see no difference between that and letting the people who were here for the costumes keep them.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

R2h for pixel of the decade award.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

LhKrP1 Send PM

subscriber

+1 Definitely wouldn't mess up the "feel" of rsc! Best holiday item ever and perhaps best item ever period!

Player avatar

Bj Lobotomy Send PM

+1 I agree i love running around as a Red Dragon.

Player avatar

joker v Send PM

subscriber

costume GONE rip

Mad Joker
Bug Joker

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

-1. What made the costumes special and fun was knowing all the while that they were temporary. I think people would get bored of them fast if they remained.