Is rscrevolution Classic easy to grasp/get into?

Player avatar

RuudGullit Send PM

Ill be the first to admit. I've never played a second of any version of rscrevolution Classic in my life. I started playing rscrevolution in 2014 properly and i've only ever played  RS3 properly. However i've developed a lot of interest in RS Classic/Old School after watching hours of content about the games history and also watching people playing through the game.

I was genuinely sad to see rscrevolution Classic Vanilla was closing even though i never stepped foot outside tutorial island on it. Then i heard someone mention RSC Revolution which brought me to this server asking this question.

My main problem which stopped me from playing other games was my over reliance on the lodestone system. (I would genuinely get lost walking from Lumbridge to Falador)

Any replies would be greatly appreciated and i definately plan on giving the server a try to experience the games history i've ever experienced before smile

Kind Regards - James

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello and I'm very glad you have found our server smile

RSC is very easy to get into if you've played any RS version, RSC is a bit smaller, more simple game in the familiar map, the main difference you'll probably notice is the combat system, where you're locked into combat for three rounds where you can't eat, pot or run, just switch weapons. Which gives a completely different feel to the combat.

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

Hi James, Welcome to RSCR.

RSC is a much slower game than RS3. That itself might take a bit of getting used to.
It has a bunch of other little quirks like not being able to eat in combat or run for the first 3 rounds.
And you'll quickly notice that it's missing a lot of the QoL features that you're used to.

Some extra things have been added to this server though. Like batched skilling, which you'll start to see from levels 20 onwards. Originally we had to click on every individual shrimp to cook. It was very tedious.

These forums have a wealth of information.

I'd start with these threads.

~*All Custom RSCR Features!*~
Helpful links & commands!!!

And for when you start doing clues.
!!!!!!~~~~~Anagrams clue Answers WITH locations~~~~~~!!!!!!
!!!!!!~~~~~Cryptic & Equipment clue Answers~~~~~!!!!!!!

There's a map in game if you get lost, but it doesn't work too well if you're using the Android client.
Here is a link to this server's full world map.

As always, the RS Wiki is your Bible. The RSC Wiki can be found here

Feel free to add me ingame and shoot me a message if you have any questions.
Or you can ask in global by starting your message with the ::1 command. eg. ::1 Hello World!

Take a quick look in the Client Settings, found under the wrench icon, when you get on too. There's some things in there that aren't default settings that you might want to change.

Player avatar

RuudGullit Send PM

Kleio said:

Hello and I'm very glad you have found our server smile

RSC is very easy to get into if you've played any RS version, RSC is a bit smaller, more simple game in the familiar map, the main difference you'll probably notice is the combat system, where you're locked into combat for three rounds where you can't eat, pot or run, just switch weapons. Which gives a completely different feel to the combat.

Many thanks for the fast and helpful response smile - I'm about to download the client and give it a chance now

Player avatar

RuudGullit Send PM

BreakIt said:

Hi James, Welcome to RSCR.

RSC is a much slower game than RS3. That itself might take a bit of getting used to.
It has a bunch of other little quirks like not being able to eat in combat or run for the first 3 rounds.
And you'll quickly notice that it's missing a lot of the QoL features that you're used to.

Some extra things have been added to this server though. Like batched skilling, which you'll start to see from levels 20 onwards. Originally we had to click on every individual shrimp to cook. It was very tedious.

These forums have a wealth of information.

I'd start with these threads.

~*All Custom RSCR Features!*~
Helpful links & commands!!!

And for when you start doing clues.
!!!!!!~~~~~Anagrams clue Answers WITH locations~~~~~~!!!!!!
!!!!!!~~~~~Cryptic & Equipment clue Answers~~~~~!!!!!!!

There's a map in game if you get lost, but it doesn't work too well if you're using the Android client.
Here is a link to this server's full world map.

As always, the RS Wiki is your Bible. The RSC Wiki can be found here

Feel free to add me ingame and shoot me a message if you have any questions.
Or you can ask in global by starting your message with the ::1 command. eg. ::1 Hello World!

Take a quick look in the Client Settings, found under the wrench icon, when you get on too. There's some things in there that aren't default settings that you might want to change.

Thank you so much for all the helpful information smile - The Wiki was always my best friend during my Vanilla RS days so im sure it will be the same here. I never knew about all the extra features this client had too smile

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

You will find it will be very easy and fast to familiarize yourself with the game, for example if you want to go on a new route there is a mini-map in game that you can see. Walking around will probably test your patience because there's no 'run' feature but there's many classic features that compensate for this and will give a different feel to the game.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

its an easy game remember it was made for 10-15 year olds when it came out. the skill ceiling is quite high however

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Ckmoon said:

You will find it will be very easy and fast to familiarize yourself with the game, for example if you want to go on a new route there is a mini-map in game that you can see. Walking around will probably test your patience because there's no 'run' feature but there's many classic features that compensate for this and will give a different feel to the game.

tbh with how expanded the game was on rs3 it's actually slower getting around even while running. RSC is so much more compact and efficient. rs3 sucks. tongue

Player avatar

Potato Dwarf Send PM

Hey, related question, is gold farming a thing here too? That'd be pretty cool.

Edit: Apparently RS3 GP is less valuable than RS2 GP, wondering about RS1, not sure how value in this sense is calculated, the value of BitCoin was decided by the people, essentially.

Last edited by Potato Dwarf (10 Aug 2018 14:51)