RSC closing - RSCR integrity?

Player avatar

Jafzz Send PM

I apologize ahead of time as I mean no disrespect towards anyone here whome i do not know. I am overly frustrated and distraught over rscrevolution making decisions to shut down RSC. I dont care what their reasoning is- bottomline is that all trust & faith in rscrevolution has been lost. It is such a shame- no- its disgusting for rscrevolution to pull this move and expect any one veteran player to trust them.

I believe now one day rscrevolution will create a project different than rscrevolution entirely that may make more revenue and choose to close rscrevolution entirely. Thats how I feel.

I use to believe rscrevolution would never close RSC. With that belief I trusted them and even still after they confirmed that they would not longer provide support i still played.. Granted due to my schedule i could only play every so often I feel I dedicated part of my life to them.. To RSC. 

Such betrayal to us and andrew gower.

I havent stepped grounds into RSCR yet and im not sure if I will.. If you cant trust the creators of RSC how can you trust a private server? Again not trying to bash or disrespect anyone but RSCR version of the game looks exactly like a private server would..

Im nervous my expectations of RSCR be too high and find out that this remake/clone is garbage and not worth playing. Or something being slightly off that i dont like or am against.. Ive spent the last couple days seeking an alternative game to play that could be close to what RSC is- being that its 2018 you know 17 years later- and come to find out that there is still nothing that can compete. Atleast from current research.

Am hurt guys.. I am lost stray dog. Part of me forever gone. Dont tread on me..

Last edited by Jafzz (25 May 2018 03:02)

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

We can see where your coming from but this server is great..you can't set ur hopes so high knowing nothing lasts forever it will take a while but soon most of you can adjust and fit right in

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

I fully agree with your sentiments on RSC. They could have had a jamming community if they didn't cut off new user registrations.....

As for RSCR, If you want an enhanced RSC experience I highly recommend staying and playing here. The devs/admins are top notch and dedicated to keeping this server going. It's not a broken down cheap POS private server that dies quickly.

Nothing is guaranteed of course, so don't pour 12 hours a day into it expecting it to be there for the rest of your life....enjoy it casually when you've got nothing better to do. You'll like it.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Now that Vanilla RSC is going, this server will probably outlive any other rscrevolution classic server ever created.. which is why all of us are investing time into it rather than any others.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hello and welcome, and condolences.

Regarding your question which was, how can you trust a server that claims longvevity and stability if even rscrevolution would snuff out their own creation? What's to say we wouldn't do the same?

The main difference is that under rscrevolution, RSC was not managed or supported because all the employees had moved on to higher priority projects. At RSCRevolution, RSC will always be the project. We are always updating the technology of RSC, and possibly in ways that may take getting used to such as equipment tab and all the custom features that weren't in Classic.

We are preparing for the very real possibility that in three months, we will be the only way to play the complete game. That's only redoubled our efforts to carry the torch.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Yo man heres my two cents
This server has reliable revenue to stay up, this server is pretty much a combination of rsc fanatic ideas put into reality which have been suggested on forum. I created my account first week of server however dont play much anymore (gave my chars away, work irl, not enough time etc etc)The difference between this and og classic is that owners actually give a fuck. even though there have been times when there wasent updates for months.. they pulled through and tbh think the game is as good as its ever got. active players aswell gives the authentic rsc feel, cmon man, we both knew that game died years ago. you'd be lucky seeing 1 person active in draynor. It has been literally dead for years, time for the nail in the coffin, players like you will help grow this server, this server deserves income not paying 8 bucks a month to rscrevolution who dont give a fuck about u or rsc. Money spent here gets seen, with rscrevolution it dont.

Its kinda a bummer you gotta start over which is unappealing. tbh if I was in that position I probably wouldnt play, but I do suggest u to play this server as its great. I just wouldnt be fucked to train again(just me)

I DEFINETLY TRUST Billy and n0m to take "leadership" of rsc, hopefully becoming the best server. They are much more trustworthy then rscrevolution

All the best

Last edited by adidas (26 May 2018 02:10)

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Yes they do care, yes they are awesome. Welcome m8 wink

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

panther king Send PM

LOL @ OP saying he just lost trust with rscrevolution in 2018 as if they never did anything stupid over the past 18 years, I haven't trusted them since the first time they took RSC away in 2005, and if the 2007 wildy mess didn't make you question these clowns then I don't what else really would.

In all seriousness though, this server is great, sign up and stay a while, everything is awesome, you can grind but you actually feel like your progressing steadily, Legit everything works, and all the added bells and whistles are so awesome you won't ever want to go back, and who knows, considering  pyru our competition is apologizing for dropping the ball for the 13th time or whatever it looks like we will be the last ones standing, maby our base will grow big enough that maby we will even be running a "classic" world at some point. seriously though, Ive played RSC and all of the private servers, THIS IS THE BEST.

Player avatar

gp Send PM

to me it seems the people at the top have this shi* on lockdown, i love RS and always will 4lyf, but this priv-serv, is the chance maintain the nostalgia,community & bad-ass'nes of the game but with a few tweaks here and there >>

r4ange, m4ge or m4in, if you see me in the wildy it means you've already f'd up. wink 
\\stay frosty

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Does anyone really care about rscrevolution at this point?  Since mark took over it's been absolute sheit.  Dunno what the big deal is.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

YourWorstNightmare Send PM

I'm in the same boat as you OP. Been playing RSC since 2002 and now this???!!!

What I think is that we should move this thing onto the blockchain. With the Loom Network and their zombie chains it's entirely possible to put big projects like this game on the blockchain.

This way it will never go down. I'm a developer myself so I can probably help. But I just got here. So I need to have a look around first. No idea what's going on. Obviously going to run this thing on virtualbox lol.

How do I get a santa hat?

Long live RSCR!

Player avatar

An Audi Send PM

trust me I felt the same way. I've come to love RSCR far much more than rsc rs2 and rs3 I have been A player from 3 month of rscrevolution launching in 2001.