Multi logging

Player avatar

Stoopkidd Send PM

What is this multi logging that is so prominent on this server?

As a new player who just came in and is looking around it seems really cheesy and stupid. rscrevolution didn't allow it, why does this server?

As a mobile player, I will never be able to keep up with the multi logging. It's a turn off from staying on this server. Especially if osrs mobile drops.

Jus' sayin.

Player avatar

Tadas2 Send PM

get over it

Player avatar

Stoopkidd Send PM

Let's just get rid of multi and then you can get over it.

How bou' dah'?

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I agree; it's really bad for the community. Not much fun to try and chat with someone and they don't answer.  People argue that it's nescessary but if you just don't allow it, it's a non-issue.

Big +1

Last edited by Eww Bald (22 May 2018 18:22)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

rscrevolution allow it now on osrs and rs3 and its possible on rsc with a bot idk about official client, stop living in the past rsc was a broken unfinished game rscr is the evolution of rsc as it should have been, if you don't like it you don't have to play just sayin'

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

o0ps13 said:

rscrevolution allow it now on osrs and rs3 and its possible on rsc with a bot idk about official client, stop living in the past rsc was a broken unfinished game rscr is the evolution of rsc as it should have been, if you don't like it you don't have to play just sayin'

Blah blah blahhh.  Your like a fekking broken record.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Stoopkidd Send PM

Using multulogged accounts to exploit game mechanics is a bannable offense according to rscrevolution. I'm willing to bet that crap happens all the time here.

But most importantly, a huge chunk of rscr players are mobile. Mobile cannot multilog. They are being dealt with unfairly.

Just because you 7 PC guys are running around with 10 accounts does not mean that's where rscr is getting most of their money from. If rscr wants to keep any bit of their mobile players, they'll keep that in mind.

I'm also willing to bet that rscrevolution will update their multilogging rules at least some bit when their mobile drops because I guarantee its gonna bring them in a bunch of mobile players.

If you still cannot see this, then there has to be some sort of middle ground. 1 guy is running around with 7 accounts. Is that not a bit too much? How about just 2 or 3 as a limit?

If you aren't willing to find find some middle ground then you dont really care about this server. You only care about your pking. You and the 7 other PC players that multilog.

Player avatar

Vodka Ghost Send PM

I don't mean to speak of other servers but the big boys who are official have made Pking 1v1 only. Except in deeper wildy.

- Gang Sabre

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

Without multiloggin/or making the whole wildy 1ip or whatever all the actual pkers who PK (unlike you forum pkers who are never seen in wildy) would quit. It has been tried numerous of times and it has never worked out.. theres almost half of the damn wildy is 1ip zone where u can't multilog go pk there ?

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

RSCR has tried many different ideas as far as wildy goes. It's been 1ip, its been limited ip, it's had character distance restrictions, we've tried it all. Wildy is more active right now than ever which goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

With the one ip zone and distance restriction between characters in wildy, multilogging isn't as prominent as before. So yeah.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Stoopkidd Send PM

Ckmoon said:

With the one ip zone and distance restriction between characters in wildy, multilogging isn't as prominent as before. So yeah.

What's the one ip zone?

Distance restriction? I haven't seen people's multilogged characters being distanced from each other in wild. Is that only in certain areas as well?

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Eww Bald said:

I agree; it's really bad for the community. Not much fun to try and chat with someone and they don't answer.  People argue that it's nescessary but if you just don't allow it, it's a non-issue.

Big +1

this guy is completely insane

Ya dude, I can't tell if he trolls or not

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

The reason 1 ip probably didn't work was cuz not enough players.  Now there are more players so try it again herpa derp.  Such a braindead move to just say "we tried it, didn't work" when circumstances have obviously changed.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

the reason 1 ip didnt work was because it made it so you cant even log on lower levels... say youre on a flat and you see a lvl 35 walk by... now you cant log on your lvl 35 because you were just there on your flat.... get it? if you cant multi log then you cant even go on other accounts to fight other levels that wouldnt have hurt anything... there were timers, and all this stuff that just broke it down to people quitting, no activity on low levels, 2 huge teams.. 1 ip killed wild way more than multi wild ever could or would... multi logging is a good thing.. if youve ever been stopped by the 5 min timer thing in front of fort.. take that and x100.. thats what 1 ip wild was like but EVERYWHERE not just fort..

i know new people dont understand this until they stick around longer but multi isnt the same as parking, and if youre only droid then thats what you can do, park different level accounts around the map, log off one and log on the other..there are many many droid only pkers who do this like beavis, and luigi. you dont have to MULTI just PARK accounts around, not many even multi, its not the same thing.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

besides, the east side of wild is 1 ip now, just go fight over there

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Droid can multi up to 2 chars with app cloner. I've always felt that PC users have a huge advantage with multi because they can farm fire Giants, drags, Snape's, vials, berries, herbs, mine, and fish all at once. On Droid, I have trouble just picking flax. If I multi it's usually to afk one and pk on another. I've tried multi pk here n there on Droid but it's hard af. Entire map should be 2 logins per IP max. Or at least wild. This allows PC and Droid to have a level playing field.

Player avatar

Stoopkidd Send PM

3o5 said:

Droid can multi up to 2 chars with app cloner. I've always felt that PC users have a huge advantage with multi because they can farm fire Giants, drags, Snape's, vials, berries, herbs, mine, and fish all at once. On Droid, I have trouble just picking flax. If I multi it's usually to afk one and pk on another. I've tried multi pk here n there on Droid but it's hard af. Entire map should be 2 logins per IP max. Or at least wild. This allows PC and Droid to have a level playing field.

This is basically what I'm getting at.

So long as multi exists mobile and pc can never compete and the mobile users are going to come, and the ones that want to pk are going to figure this out.

Bottom line.

But if the east wild really is 1ip only (where is this line drawn?), I guess that's a kind of middle ground I am fine with. It doesn't mean mobile can compete with PC but it does mean they don't have to be screwed by pc throughout all of the wild.

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

So it seems half the people want 1 IP and the other half want an unlimited IP wild.  also notice most people prefer the castle area of the east side wilderness for PK. 

So my suggestion is just edit the landscape on the west side so it looks like the east side castle.   like level 8-18ish  wild just replicate it.  then people can pk at the castle and the wild rules they choose

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

Vodka Ghost said:

I don't mean to speak of other servers but the big boys who are official have made Pking 1v1 only. Except in deeper wildy.

The big boys. You mean the only other server that has 20-40 online? LOL

You guys realize practically the ENTIRE East side of the wilderness is 1ip right?