Custom Sprites for 'all' Wieldables.

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

First off, Credit to Semirotta's post for giving me the idea to tweak pickaxe sprites.
Also Credit to Billy who mentioned his idea of different shaped swords.

Here are rough examples of how the different sprites look. I need to get a rsc source to test them ingame though. The amulet will show what color gem ingame.

2 handed sword (going to need to be tweaked to show off true Buster Sword glory that is the inventory sprite.
2hsword.png
Amulet
ammy.png
Dagger
daggersprite.png
Hatchet
hatchet.png
Pickaxe
pickaxe.png
Short Sword
shortsword.png

Tomorrow I hope to have screenshots from in game, Again, Credit to Semirotta's pickaxe suggestion for bringing the idea to my attention and Billy for expanding the idea, I just made quick test sprites to see how they will look in-game.

Posting to see how people like the idea.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Cool idea, would require a lot of additional sprites though as you'd need an extra 15 new sprite images just to show a ruby amulet as being red? Whilst I appreciate the little touches, I don't think it's that important. I would rather see the effort spent on the character customisation options. Additional hairstyles, beards, coloured clothes etc.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Shinobi said:

Cool idea, would require a lot of additional sprites though as you'd need an extra 15 new sprite images just to show a ruby amulet as being red? Whilst I appreciate the little touches, I don't think it's that important. I would rather see the effort spent on the character customisation options. Additional hairstyles, beards, coloured clothes etc.

No, the way sprites work anything greyscale is set to the color you put in the files. An example is every partyhat ingame has the same sprite, just different colors. So the necklace thing WILL require a second set for things like holy and unholy symbol, ammy of lucien, and armadyl pendant. The only change to get all the colors right would be to set a gem color in the script.

Unless I totally screwed up and used a wrong shade for the gem, which I'll test tomorrow x3

You are correct in needing extra sprites, I wanna talk to Mod Kleio about that since he was responsible for all the skill capes which each required a set of sprites. I'm not sure how time consuming that is with this server since I havent been active much in years... so much has changed lol

Now I want to create some new hair styles. OMG a Viking braided beard hahah

Far as clothing color, that should be simple since they all use the same sprite, just need different colors added to the rotation, the head sprites would be the only thing needing sprite changes, but that's a fantastic idea.

Last edited by TnT FoX (3 Jan 2018 09:12)

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

I like 'em! smile

Lol...

Player avatar

panther king Send PM

+1 add a scimmy in there too if you can

Big load Send PM

Then it just wouldn't be rsc. -1
Party pooper

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

finally made the scimitar one, annoying AF

scimmy.png

First drafts done, now i need to check them ingame big_smile

Last edited by TnT FoX (9 Jan 2018 22:22)

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Second Hatchet Variation too, so it looks more like a worn tool than a weapon

hatchet.png

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

I finally got ingame sprite testing to work xD

amulet.png

the 'gem' looks bigger than I imagined, its only black because lucien ammy's color is black. Only way I could test it since my test source doesnt work on my laptop sad

Hopefully I can help billy test now and see if people like it big_smile