DM - Remove XP loss and/or Bank loss discussion

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

I know a lot of you will say the point of the mode is danger, and I agree.  But I feel like the loss for death is so high that it's reducing world PK drastically.  Most people will just tele on site or stay in safe zones as much as possible, and almost never afk, myself included, since if I'm skilling I'm at a huge disadvantage to someone who's in full PK gear with supplies.  I think if you took away the XP and bank loss, people would be more inclined to world PK, or at least be more willing to put themself in danger or afk more.  If you just lose your entire equip tab and inventory unskulled, that's still a pretty big loss, but not so huge that people won't be willing to fight.  My goal with this change is to increase PK.  Please post your thoughts on this.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (14 Aug 2017 23:02)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

ihavenoidea Send PM

subscriber

+1

Am Best Deadman (Retired 14th August 2017)

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

+1 -- the bank loss is a big deal.

Player avatar

williamtocci Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

chaosduriel Send PM

subscriber

+1 to this, the idea for deadman mode is great and has bought in a few new players to rsc such as myself. The punishment for not been a veteran rsc player on Dmm is pretty harsh though. I am not a great pker so i thought maybe this mode might help, i've found though after 1 death you find yourself re-gearing again and again. People take advantage of that and search the small rsc map to make you drop more and more and the vets will always stay on top. There are like what 5-7 players tops that have any chance of enjoying this for what its for, while the others that are set behind can never catch up.

This is in no way a cry. Its just even some of the players that are at the top think this is pretty harsh. Anyway its been fun for what its worth but unless something is done no new player(new to dmm) is gonna enjoy dieing over and over.

Last edited by chaosduriel (15 Aug 2017 01:57)

Player avatar

jossan Send PM

subscriber

-1 Honestly I don't see any reason to change this. It's not reducing world pk drasticly. It's alot of pk going on lol. I think it's promoting world pk since you get hungry for players bank and reducing their xp.

This would make the game regular mode with world pk. You guys can just play normal reg mode and walk up to wilderness instead

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

jossan said:

-1 Honestly I don't see any reason to change this. It's not reducing world pk drasticly. It's alot of pk going on lol. I think it's promoting world pk since you get hungry for players bank and reducing their xp.

This would make the game regular mode with world pk. You guys can just play normal reg mode and walk up to wilderness instead

How exactly do you benefit from reducing someone's xp?

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

williamtocci Send PM

subscriber

if you just loose your gear while out doing stuff and not xp and bank, it would make so many people wanna play and it be more fun, when dmm came out the player base was high and now its pretty slim, this might make the mode a tad bit better and making people play it more then whats going on, making pking more too, more people to kill means more fun

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I never made one because of exp loss and bank loss. I've been following dmm for a few weeks now and I'd say without getting rid of the exp loss and bank its just not fun and too damn discouraging.

Sorry I'm not trying to retrain anything after dying.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

KizL said:

I never made one because of exp loss and bank loss. I've been following dmm for a few weeks now and I'd say without getting rid of the exp loss and bank its just not fun and too damn discouraging.

Sorry I'm not trying to retrain anything after dying.

~K!zL

Re-training the XP isn't really that hard - it's the bank loss that is making people quit.

Last edited by White Walker (15 Aug 2017 12:07)

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

White Walker said:

Re-training the XP isn't really that hard - it's the bank loss that is making people quit.

What level have you got your DM to?  I agree at low levels, re-training isn't that bad and the bank loss is worse.  But lets look at 99's.  According to n0m's formula, the amount of xp you lose is somewhat dependent on the killer's level, but on average it's about 30%.  So if you're flats with 99 prayer/magic/ranged, lets assume you're protecting strength and prayer.  Now you get killed, you're down to 94 attack, defense, hits, magic, and range.  That's 20 million xp lost.  divide that by 3 because we have a 3x build-back rate for those skills, that's the equivalent of 6.6 million xp at normal rates you get to retrain.  And we haven't even started on trade skills yet.  If you have, say, 99 smith and 99 crafting protected, have fun working back 40+ million woodcut, firemaking, fishing, cooking, agility, etc.  Just because you died one time.  We're talking anywhere between 50-200 hours of work lost.  Doesn't really make me want to pk or be willing to stay and fight if I get jumped.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (15 Aug 2017 14:27)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

jossan Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

jossan said:

How exactly do you benefit from reducing someone's xp?

If you kill a pker. You reduce his stats to have a better chance when you fight him the next time.

In a skillers perspective you can push other skillers down the highscores to get yourself ahead.

Also I feel like reduced xp and bank on death is key to even call this a deadman mode. I personaly love the thrill that it's gonna hurt if i die. It makes you have to play more safe and cautious. Most of the players here I know from ingame and they went full regular in deadman and got killed more then 1 time.

Stop afk lvling. Read ahead in terms of getting attacked (escape routes, bring food)
Most of the people i kill don't even bring food

I think the main problem is that people haven't adapted to how deadman should be played. Give it some times and you guys will stop dying and enjoy the gamemode

Player avatar

Uncle Send PM

We already have a mode like this, just skip tutorial island and dont speak to anyone while on the island.

The point of deadman is to have all these things, maybe the formulas can be reworked, but deadman is for fast paced pking, not really for skilling. Talk to friends, find someone who is doing fletching or herblaw, or a skill youre not doing. Protect your main skill, while the protect theirs and work together. Save main things that you need in your top 10 slots. Weapon, armor, casts, arrows and food. Its not really meant for maxing the account. Personally, i think PvP should always be f2p on deadman, requires less slots for your good gear in bank. Deadman is just simply not meant for skilling and stock piling 1k super sets 1k dragon ammys, 200 rune sets, and 100k casts.

Please join us on Discord to keep in touch and quicker support.

https://discord.gg/cpx6Y44

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Mod Uncle said:

We already have a mode like this, just skip tutorial island and dont speak to anyone while on the island.

The point of deadman is to have all these things, maybe the formulas can be reworked, but deadman is for fast paced pking, not really for skilling. Talk to friends, find someone who is doing fletching or herblaw, or a skill youre not doing. Protect your main skill, while the protect theirs and work together. Save main things that you need in your top 10 slots. Weapon, armor, casts, arrows and food. Its not really meant for maxing the account. Personally, i think PvP should always be f2p on deadman, requires less slots for your good gear in bank. Deadman is just simply not meant for skilling and stock piling 1k super sets 1k dragon ammys, 200 rune sets, and 100k casts.

As far as I'm aware, regular characters can't world pk.  That's the point of the mode.  Currently, the xp and item loss is preventing world pk.  You can't deny that there wouldn't be more world pk'ing if we took away xp and bank loss.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Mod Uncle said:

As far as I'm aware, regular characters can't world pk.  That's the point of the mode.  Currently, the xp and item loss is preventing world pk.  You can't deny that there wouldn't be more world pk'ing if we took away xp and bank loss.

Would you pk?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Stolt Archer said:

S O B BSpace said:

Mod Uncle said:

Would you pk?

I have 5 deadman accounts, I currently PK on 3 of them because they don't have skills or a bank.  But usually whenever I find someone, they log/run/tele when I get within 5 tiles of them because they're so scared to lose their banks/xp, and rightfully so.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

-1 he just wants all 99s

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

dmm Random said:

-1 he just wants all 99s

You say that like there are people who want to lose their levels...

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

I must say he is right. People all trained countless times on many servers, yet people are starting anew for this special mode which is fun. But you shouldn't have to re-train and lose bank items whenever you die. It's getting odd, training again and again and again and agaiiiiin.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.