Upcoming Patchy

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hello, for a week now I have been working on a patch. Mostly just behind the scenes things that you will not see except if you become a moderator but these features will definitely make your life and our life easier.

This patch aims to fix most of the problems you see currently in game, improve stability and gameplay, deadline for this patch is next weeks Wednesday, but might be released before if I can get it all done.

Player Snapshots

Snapshot of Inventory, bank, equipment and skills are taken every 6 hours on login. Before, we had to rely on players word and text logs to tell us what they had if something happened, this is not the case anymore. We can simply check the snapshots and restore the character to state it was before.
14b69bd1077a7e54834ef35dd031372d.png
This might or might not be available for players to use. Probably not as it wont really be much use to you.

2. New logging system:
Currently, we have text logs for everything, really. It's just a string of information that is saved to database. They are pretty inconvenient to use because someone can just do something bad, go change their name and we waste time figuring out where someones items have gone to until we figure that out. They also use lots of disk space and its expensive performance wise, and hard to search them for results you want to see.
Our new logging system uses less disk space, and it is not just a string of information. Logs are directly referencing the associated players profile in database.

Team profile pages and highscores

b4ab5153089c043037efbc5f77e22b8b.gif

Auction House Improvements

-New scrollable interface that can be used for anything, currently used for market history, collectable notifications, later will be used for team bank logs.
-Fixed scroll bar going out of boundaries
-Fixed bug on text fields being hard to click
-You can now post buy offers
-Added market quick open option to Auctioneer
-Added market history viewing
-Added better collectable info
-When clicking on item on sale, focus will be automatically set on the amount text field,

Some pictures:
732d97caf20ca2f0e8e3edb61171e2a6.png

New market history(this was really time consuming to write):
79c7d662e7f1ccdfe6ddd12f8e75f39b.png

Showing the final version of market:
9af64a3d82bbbbbb574350b6febb5f89.gif

Performance and Stability

This patch focuses on fixing performance issues, I have already done multiple improvements.
There has been at least 20 errors fixed that either stopped something from functioning or disconnected you.
And 3 errors that could have made server skip a tick(lag).
Fixed a certain action which in high amounts would freeze server for a while, depending on the amount

Other misc fixes & updates

Grip will teleport out of the room if you cant reach him
Player Profile snapshot system. Viewable in the new backstage
Underground pass obstacles spam fix.
Made swamp paste and flour stock at trawler store 300
make the guardians at last stage of evil dan simplequest halve prayer
Content: Bowstringing removes 2 bowstrings to string one bow | Low se…
Made cooking the swamp paste and seaweed batched
Content: poison antidotes (Implemented drinking and effects)
Core: Subscriptions not registering right away
Core: Visual glitch with adding/withdrawing from bank h (Fill in info…
Core: Equipment System: Shouldn't be able to wear gloves with platebody
Core: Equipment System: Iron mace disappearing while equipped on logout.
Content: Aborting obelisk teleport freezes player
Fixed client registration username issue.
Examine description for Custom rings.
Typo fix, and Waterfall never had action programmed to it.
Railing damage fixed from 10 to 3
Salarin the twisted will weaken you if you attack him and not only when he attacks.
Shadow spider prayer drain modified to wiki information.
Dragon Axe need Heros finished and Quest Cape teleports require 100 quest points
Misc. Dialog typos
Limiting objects in sight caused gnome maze to have invisible objects.

Fixed scroll bar going out of boundaries
Fixed bug on text fields being hard to click
Fixed KD not displaying correct
Fixed about 20 errors which would stop code from executing or disconnected you.
-Fixed bug where you would get stuck at deathmatch arena if disconnected after battle win,
all loot will be automatically transfered to your bank, and you'll be teleported out.
-Fixed login screen displaying subscription days left wrong.
-Content: Menu can get messed up and refer to wrong item/requirements with smithing
-Fixed chat box getting stuck if you switch application while having keyboard open.
-Tweaked rendering - around 3-4 more FPS give or take   
-Fixed chat box getting stuck if you hold down back button
-Fixed bug with camera rotation and scrolling, where it would click after action up.
-Camera scroll and rotate will require you to hold your finger for 100ms before it will do anything.
This is to fix accidental scrolling when trying to click
-Optimized auction house, should improve server speed overall a lot.
-Content: Menu can get messed up and refer to wrong item/requirements with smithing
-Fixed 3 errors that could have made server skip a tick(lag)
-Fixed a certain action which in high amounts would freeze server for a while, depending on the amount
-Changed 1 ip wilderness system radius to 24 sq from 15 sq.

Quick options for NPCS

375288e5da292e55bb9dfa2cc90f4b9f.gif
192368dbc6e26a4c50957df38e48f9dc.png

EDIT:
Some other news too; I have looked into making client support several color masks per item, Here's the results!
55745a20afdec14644b6c379d8b1c180.png
I can re-color pretty much any part of any item if I want. I mentioned in first post that this patch includes colorable feathers for helmets... I think I can do better than that. Perhaps trimmed armour?

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

Nice patch! I liked the gloves over platemail though

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Don't make d axe require heroes everyone hates quests don't force us to do then for PK advantage just pushes pkers away , I have a 70 trained for 4 months but I not used cause of needing rune plate and don't want to do those awful horrible quests its ment to be fun!!!!

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Daxe finally fixed no one wants to fight a daxe 1 def and mods don't do nothing about it when reported

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Nyx said:

Don't make d axe require heroes everyone hates quests don't force us to do then for PK advantage just pushes pkers away , I have a 70 trained for 4 months but I not used cause of needing rune plate and don't want to do those awful horrible quests its ment to be fun!!!!

This don't ruin d Axe!!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Nerdy Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Nyx said:

This don't ruin d Axe!!

~K!zL

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Team highscores and profiles are finished:
b4ab5153089c043037efbc5f77e22b8b.gif
Some last tweaks and its ready to go!

Some other news too; I have looked into making client support several color masks per item, Here's the results!
55745a20afdec14644b6c379d8b1c180.png
I can re-color pretty much any part of any item if I want. I mentioned in first post that this patch includes colorable feathers for helmets... I think I can do better than that. Perhaps trimmed armour?

Player avatar

Nerdy Send PM

subscriber

I'm loving the updates and progress - fantastic job !

Any thoughts on the potential of either a Dragon Large Helm, or a Rune Large Helm that has Dragon Medium Stats?  -- I like the idea of increased AC by wearing best in slot gear.. but the aesthetics on a dragon medium are just an eye sore to me.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Today I've done some android tweaks:
-Fixed chat box getting stuck if you switch application while having keyboard open.
-Fixed chat box getting stuck if you hold down back button
-Fixed bug with camera rotation and scrolling, where it would click after action up.
-Camera scroll and rotate will require you to hold your finger for 100ms before it will do anything.
This is to fix accidental scrolling when trying to click.
-Performance tweaks, 3-4+ fps give or take.
-Attempt at fixing keyboard not allowing you to type(Predictive text), contact me if you have the issue while predictive text enabled on your keyboard, so I can verify if I have fixed it.

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

Forcing people to do heroes is just going to encourage them to not pk. Just make them have minimum quest points + minimum required Def.  Those axed adi accounts are getting shat on by this update.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Wow finally fixing stuff thats been broken since last year. I will come have a look see when its updated.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Rappsfan said:

Forcing people to do heroes is just going to encourage them to not pk. Just make them have minimum quest points + minimum required Def.  Those axed adi accounts are getting shat on by this update.

Not a bad solution questing isn't that hard it's the skill requirements that blow

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

https://i.gyazo.com/b4ab5153089c043037e … e22b8b.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/55745a20afdec14644b … b1c180.png

Team kd going be fixed?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

n0m said:

https://i.gyazo.com/b4ab5153089c043037e … e22b8b.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/55745a20afdec14644b … b1c180.png

Team kd going be fixed?

Yes, although its just visual glitch it will be fixed.

More work done! Auction house is rewritten server-side for better performance, and improved on client-side. Buying section is also under development!
Note that this is development work in progress, it might look ugly but it is functional, and will be perfected to meet your visual standards before release!

220b0b9f85f1927694d9c8a61cde627b.gif
8f3ce908b7515256aaa16bba908d0a97.gif

Improvements:
Reduced size of market window
Buttons and text fields bigger for easier android usage
New window when item selected for buy, to free up space on screen.
Inventory replaced with new sale configuration interface to free up space
When clicking on item on sale, focus will be automatically set on the amount text field,
Fixed bug on text fields being hard to click
-Collectable items, collected items in seperate tables (improves speed)
-Active auctions, and inactive auctions in seperate tables (improves speed)

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

That's what's up good work

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Auction house is completed:
60ad0f321736c95d4615a126f1c1b9ef.gif
Just giving it a better color scheme and its ready!

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Looking forward to team high scores. Good work staff.  Please focus on stability next, my game feels choppy and I get periodic 2-3 second lag spikes and I live literally a stone throw away from the server with 20 ping. I have friends from the USA who stopped playing because they have horrible click delay etc, some great content here and more new good content being added but stability is an issue for a lot of players these days

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Oopsie said:

Looking forward to team high scores. Good work staff.  Please focus on stability next, my game feels choppy and I get periodic 2-3 second lag spikes and I live literally a stone throw away from the server with 20 ping. I have friends from the USA who stopped playing because they have horrible click delay etc, some great content here and more new good content being added but stability is an issue for a lot of players these days

That is a priority in this patch. Auction house is slowing server down a lot currently, so not only functionality is being improved on. it's also designed for better performance.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

375288e5da292e55bb9dfa2cc90f4b9f.gif
One nice addition I noticed while beta testing xD

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Billy said:

https://i.gyazo.com/375288e5da292e55bb9 … 0f4b9f.gif
One nice addition I noticed while beta testing xD

Quick action options will come to bankers and general stores too.