Quest Idea PT. 1

Player avatar

Sargon Send PM

Recently I developed a new quest for rscrevolution classic and I have decided to commit it to words as I don't want to lose what I have. This is a two part quest series that deals with family fortune, brotherhood, and immortality. Without further ado, I would like to introduce the first part of the quest series with a synopsis and then an elaboration with the technical details. (The second part is more in depth than the first part so I will write it out later)

The Galahad family, a wealthy family of Falador, has had their tombs raided by bandits! Removed from their tombs was not only priceless family treasures and heirlooms, but also a chalice of unknown power. Report to the Galahad family and embark upon a quest where you will be rewarded handsomely, that is, if you find the criminals and retrieve the chalice.

REQUIREMENTS: 5 QP, 10 Thieving, 20 Magic, 5 agility, good gear, 500 gold, food, and a rope. (Lockpicks recommended)

REWARDS:  3 QP, 2,000 coins, and Galahad helmet. (The Galahad helmet would be the equivalent of an adamant medium helmet but require 10 defence)

To start the quest, travel to Falador and enter the opulent household in the eastern section of Falador. (Here is where it would be located). Speak to Mr. Galahad and ask him what's the matter. He states that his family's catacombs were raided by bandits and they stole his family's most prized heirloom, their silver chalice. Tell him that you will retrieve it and return it to the Galahad family. He will tell you that the catacombs are South of Falador.

Once you enter the catacombs you will find it is infested by skeletons. Go to the nearest door and try to progress further in the dungeon. However, you will realized that it is locked and requires a key. Kill the skeletons and some may drop a copper key. Use this on the door to progress further into the dungeon. Then, you are at a point where the rope becomes necessary, there is a large black pit before you. Use the rope on the ceiling to swing across and you will come to another door. Enter this door and you will reach the heart of the catacombs where all the riches are stored. Within this room you will find there are chests that you can lockpick; however, there will also be black knights you must kill. Remember, you are on a mission to find the whereabouts of the silver chalice. Killing the black knights will yield a handkerchief with the initials, P.K. With this clue, exit the dungeon and report back to Mr. Galahad.

When you return to Mr. Galahad, he will tell you that P.K. are the initials for the infamous thief 'Peter Kline' in the Kingdom of Asgarnia. While Mr. Galahad does not know the whereabouts of the thief, he recommends that you visit the bars of Asgarnia and Misthalin to find someone who might know his whereabouts.

Ultimately, at the Jolly Boar Inn (The Bar near the Wild), you will find a man named Oliver Kline. This is his brother and it would be wise to ask him about his brother, which he will only do for a price. After paying him 500 gold he will reveal to you the whereabouts of his brother. He tells you that his brother is hiding in the slums of Varrock to evade the authorities. Travel to the slums of Varrock and search for him. Once you eventually find him you must confront him about the theft. Unfortunately, he seems hopelessly insane, it appears as though the chalice has driven him mad. Then, you must pickpocket the chalice from Peter Kline and return it to Mr. Galahad in Falador. Once this is done, the quest is completed!

Here are the associated images of the locations: http://imgur.com/a/PB1Jz

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

Nice write up!

#1 MINER

Player avatar

Satans Sushi Send PM

subscriber

Very cool idea, I like the whole catacombs idea and retrieving an heirloom.  That helmet would be great for PKing with a level 10 defense pker. +1 smile