more features for subs + rings

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

Well I know there is already a thread discussing the sub. features but I'd like to expand on it some more..
Pretty much the only incentive you have have right now to sub is for xp bonus; but once you max out all the stats you want, theres absoultely no reason to sub.
One idea I had is to have the skill island (farming event) available 24/7 for current subs, and they have [for exmaple] 3 hours a week that they can spend on the island. Since everyone is on a different time zone/schedule, they could utilize their 3 hours at their convenience instead of waiting until a mod randomly hosts it. And after they spent their 3 hours on the island, they have to wait until next week to get their 3 hours back. This is just one example, but more features for subs is definitely needed....

RINGS!!! There is already a slot available for them on the equiptment tab... Would be totally awesome to have that completely useless crafting item finally be worth something! We craft these rings for XP and then just dump them in the garbage.. I'm not sure exactly how RS2 utilizes rings but it would be an awesome feature.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

No most people who don't want exp are pkers, give them something of value.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

No most people who don't want exp are pkers, give them something of value.

That's a great idea. A non-tradeable item that require a subscription to wear/weild sounds like an amazing incentive to donate.

Player avatar

Wyrd Send PM

subscriber

May be a little overpowered, not sure, but how about some variation of a chargeable, sub only, non tradable pk ring that teles you to certain wilderness locations(let's say a random spot within a certain perimeter to prevent camping). May or may not skull you, dunno on that part. Need some balance and not sure what it could be.

Or.. Tradable ring but only works for subs.

Related but not incredibly so, I believe rings should be utility based rather than stats.

Last edited by Wyrd (18 Dec 2016 21:27)