MULTI LOGGIN/TEAMING

Player avatar

Monkpk Send PM

subscriber

Multi is very easy to fix set ip limit to 1.
This is no longer 2003, so the teaming aspect of the game needs to shy away. Wildy should be made up of small teams with just a few ppl, the way you can do this is by implementing restrictions where only 1 person other than the fighter can mage/range the fighters in combat.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

+1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Monkpk said:

Multi is very easy to fix set ip limit to 1.
This is no longer 2003, so the teaming aspect of the game needs to shy away. Wildy should be made up of small teams with just a few ppl, the way you can do this is by implementing restrictions where only 1 person other than the fighter can mage/range the fighters in combat.

How would you fix people covering SE and SW? If only one person can cast, the rest of the team will just make sure he cant get away..

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

What about those who share the same ip

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

To be honest since we're such a very small community, it should be fairly easy to notice who the scummy cunts are - all we need is mututal respect, something that people like Beatdown have lack of. Mutual respect is pretty difficult to maintain large populations, but as I said since we're a small community, it should be pretty simple to offer your enemies some respect and not be that little cunt that multi-accounts or otherwise promotes an unhealthy wilderness.

Sure, people who can multi are technically doing somethat that is allowed, since the moderators allow it, but at the end of the day it promotes an unhealthy wilderness and a wilderness that's going to die sooner rather than later.

Approach 1

Remove Zenok, so little shits can't get to you on their alt to take back what you've taken from them - or just to multi you for that matter. Zenok isn't needed, it wasn't needed in 2002/2003 and it certainly isn't needed now. It's a shortcut, it's not a fundamental to the game mechanics.

Approach 2

Limit to 1IP. Not a great solution, but a solution none the less. It's safe to assume since the player base is so small, people who share the same IP will certainly be less than 1% of those affected - a necessary evil for sake of the majority.

Approach 3

Keep things the same and enforce bans or suspensions on those that multi. Sure, you'd need evidence, you'd also need man hours for moderators to review those reports via various means, perhaps logs and reviewing evidence. Basically, ban known people like Beatdown if they're caught multi'ing.

Approach 4

Do nothing and let the minority ruin it for the majority.

It's pretty simple, you need to take action before the minority kills your (our) server.

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

beatdown said:

Basically we need a speed limit

Kind of like if most football players could only run 20mph, but a few could do 25+, we would set a speed limit for everyone on the football field, so as to not ruin it for the majority of fat fucks

Shit analogy to be honest. rscrevolution PK'ing was meant for solo adventures or teaming up with a group for the fun of the game, It wasn't meant for some shitcunt kid to come and ruin the fun for everyone else. Whilst you might pre-cum at the very idea of PJ'ing your own loot, not everyone shares the same mentality. Whilst I'm aware the community has moved on, RSC of yesteryear was meant to be fun and everyone had an even playing field (except auto catchers) - why do you insist with your cancerous mentality of "LOL ANYONE CAN MULTI, I'M OBVIOUSLY THE BEST AS I CAN MULTI AND YOU CAN'T"?

It's not fun, it doesn't promote a fun wilderness and you can lie behind your bullshit all you want, but multi'ing is for the weak, narrow minded and those who are scared to lose gear. People don't fear you pal, they fear the anti-fun that your cancerous play style brings. Well, it's not even a play style, it's just straight up retardation. Just because something is possible, it doesn't mean it should be done.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Ban parking, or just ban beat, either will fix.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Just try this 1 ip in wild thing, remove castle and graveyard from monk zenok's teleport.

Is n0m even reading this ?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

This is a solution I threw together in Kleio's thread, feel free to critique it

Billy said:

1. One character per player per maparea/loadscreen in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

2. All kills reported to ::2 (names, combat levels, and wilderness level). This has been suggested numerous times and would have the effect of focusing PK styles. So if border 33s looks like it's going off, everyone gets their 33s, same for pures at castle, flats etc.

3. Zeonk randomly teleports you to some other Zeonk location rather than a specific choice, with a short cooldown between uses. This will make his presence still convenient, while slowing down people who want to jump right back in or multi.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Billy said:

1. One character per player per maparea/loadscreen in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

2. All kills reported to ::2 (names, combat levels, and wilderness level). This has been suggested numerous times and would have the effect of focusing PK styles. So if border 33s looks like it's going off, everyone gets their 33s, same for pures at castle, flats etc.

3. Zeonk randomly teleports you to some other Zeonk location rather than a specific choice, with a short cooldown between uses. This will make his presence still convenient, while slowing down people who want to jump right back in or multi.

I like it, if it needs changed later, we can address that when the time comes. For now, most people would at least like to see some movement in that direction, especially in terms of part 1, and part 3.

Last edited by Sisco84 (25 Oct 2016 14:14)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Increased content in the wilderness, add new monster, add new rare drops to the wild and make it some where people want to go, and sort the multi crap out.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Will you sort out playing just 1 client too then?

Yes I'm happy to just play one client if it's a rule for all.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

solution:

monday 1ip, tuesday 2 ip, wednesday 2 ip, thursday 1 ip, friday 1ip, saturday 2ip, sunday 2ip

remove mad zeonk castle teleport location

if your character is logged out in wilderness for more than 1 hour, it is returned to edgeville

but watch how nobody will PK lol

Player avatar

I virgin i Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Increased content in the wilderness, add new monster, add new rare drops to the wild and make it some where people want to go, and sort the multi crap out.

so forcing people into the wild that don't want to go GREAT idea..not the solution but good try lol, go ahead go for the 1 ip idea , like some1 said only effects %1 of people online lol , but so all know that means no having afk chars in wild while pking, no farming in wild spots while you have another char afk or are pking. but give it a go worst thing that happens no1 still pks and back to square one.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Billy said:

Billy said:

1. One character per player per map area/load screen in wilderness with a 10-20 minute cooldown, with spoofing becoming bannable. Parking becomes useless and multi-ing difficult, but you can still train different characters all over without being hindered. IMO this is the most straightforward change from the suggestions of Kleios.

3. Zeonk randomly teleports you to some other Zeonk location rather than a specific choice, with a short cooldown between uses. This will make his presence still convenient while slowing down people who want to jump right back in or multi.

1.1ip/2ip days. if your account is logged out longer than 10 mins you're re-positioned in barb village.
Benefits- What you see is what you get 5 accounts at graveyard is actually 5 accounts. Not 10 accounts parked and ready to go from last night. Losing a set is nothing, but dying because of a piece of shit parked accounts is. I mean you can already teleport if you bring law runes and you can log out. Being repositioned will get the pker out of wild faster and ready to regear to make the game more fast pace in a game which is very slow paced.

2. Bring the red axe, purple balls and green balls Notify off/on thru menus.

3. Zeonk, removing protect items until death as new cost.(RED skull)

4.Removing castle from Zeonk  --Boosts deep wild pking(Graveyard/hobs/rangeguild)--All location very close matter a fact it's almost a mecca for pking if more incentive.--Hotspots

5.Hotspots are made to fight over and not actually just used to soak up exp and shit. -Enter hotspot you are skulled until you die.(Regular skull)

B u b b a

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

I actually like this idea, it solves a seperate issue of future items being added to the game AND increases the people in the wild to reinvigorate PKing for non pures. For PKers its nice because more possible loot.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Sisco84 said:

Nyx said:

I actually like this idea, it solves a seperate issue of future items being added to the game AND increases the people in the wild to reinvigorate PKing for non pures. For PKers its nice because more possible loot.

Once played a server called RSCSHADOW and it had a monster with 30k health and had a .1 percent chance of dropping masks or phat. It was on an island that was in 70 wild and you're skulled 24/7 and with bonus exp.

It took and hour with rangers and gmage and a fighter most of the time was due to how much times we had to fight off other teams nonstop.

B u b b a

Player avatar

Rogergoodell Send PM

subscriber

• 1 IP or 1 char per map area idea
  • Remove castle from Zeonk
  • Character logged out in wild for 10 mins = port to edge

Any change would be better than nothing.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Rogergoodell said:

• 1 IP or 1 char per map area idea
  • Remove castle from Zeonk
  • Character logged out in wild for 10 mins = port to edge

Any change would be better than nothing.

B u b b a

Player avatar

RickSanchez Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

+1 I'm not a PKer but this seems like a very reasonable solution

Focus on science.