Skill Capes - Reward us, not charge!

Player avatar

B0nker Send PM

Firstly, Skill Capes are incredible. Great job guys!

Now, without spending too much time writing a massive thread that nobody will bother to read, I'll get straight to the point.

Skill Capes are expensive. In fact, it's ridiculous that you have to actually pay for them! Here's why:

A player spends weeks (for me - 99Str) grinding to achieve  99 in their chosen stat. It takes a lot of work and dedication (I didn't afk, I PvM'd to get loot and xp) to get to 99.

Players should be rewarded for that hard work, not forced to spend 500k of their hard earned cash on a Cape.

Their should be a cash or item incentive for people to reach 99 in a skill. As I said, people should be rewarded for their efforts, not charged!

To sum my suggestion up: stop charging us for Skill Capes and reward us for our efforts!

Last edited by B0nker (16 Jul 2016 03:56)

Player avatar

Scornedpks Send PM

Gp is really easy to bring into the game. Alching, thriving, and items are easy to obtain gp from. The point of the high prices is to add a gold sink. Something that permanently removes gp from the game. Otherwise we make it all day and the value goes down.

Player avatar

B0nker Send PM

Scornedpks said:

Gp is really easy to bring into the game. Alching, thriving, and items are easy to obtain gp from. The point of the high prices is to add a gold sink. Something that permanently removes gp from the game. Otherwise we make it all day and the value goes down.

Thanks for the reply, however 99% of what you wrote there was completely irrelevant to my post.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

-1 above argument is not irrelevant and this discussion has already been had. 500k is a small ammount of coin on this server so therefor they are not overpriced and there is no reason to lower prices.

You are not forced to spend 500k and buy a cape for reaching level 99 therefore you are not punished. A punishment would be having to buy the cape to reach lev 99. you are instead rewarded with the opportunity to buy a cape that only people who have 99 can buy so you can show off your hard work.

The incentive for reaching level 99 in a skill is the ability to do more things in the game better and the knowledge that you will never have to grind that skill for experience again which is a beautiful thing in itself.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

The difference between the armor with a skill cape and the armor of a normal cape is +7, while the price difference is ~500k. To put that in perspective, the armor difference between a large rune helm and a dragon medium helmet is only +4, and the price difference is ~950k.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

B0nker said:

Scornedpks said:

Thanks for the reply, however 99% of what you wrote there was completely irrelevant to my post.

You must be a complete friend.

Player avatar

Fix Send PM

subscriber

Mod Billy said:

The difference between the armor with a skill cape and the armor of a normal cape is +7, while the price difference is ~500k. To put that in perspective, the armor difference between a large rune helm and a dragon medium helmet is only +4, and the price difference is ~950k.

Worth!

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

As the skill cape creator I can firmly say that the 500k is just a gold sink for the server, it already has removed a substantial amount from the server and I do not agree that it's alot of gp.

But I agree there should be some rewards, we had ideas to add some "special abilities" to the capes, maybe we will have a chat about them in staff chat soon.

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

+1

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Mod Kleio said:

As the skill cape creator I can firmly say that the 500k is just a gold sink for the server, it already has removed a substantial amount from the server and I do not agree that it's alot of gp.

But I agree there should be some rewards, we had ideas to add some "special abilities" to the capes, maybe we will have a chat about them in staff chat soon.

That 7 Armour still doesn't make up for the food slot in pvp or PVM. THe cape is a nice jump for people who stake with armour/weapons on. I couldnt even justify wearing the cape pvping as it doesn't beat the 1 shark.

I would say let the cape hold X items, non wilderness.  Maybe the cape could add 1-3 slots.

Honestly I haven't bought a skill cape because I would never give up 1 shark during PVM for the cape unless I was using prayer potions.

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

billytocci Send PM

subscriber

the extra 7 armor helps out a lot, if you don't see it then u be blind

Player avatar

Scornedpks Send PM

I have to agree with Rune on this one. I don't see a big difference between the 7 armor and the shark... and now with trawler there are turtle and rays... just saying a boost of some sort to the skill it's for would be nice. Skill capes have 3 item slots for that skill only (is. Woodcutting can do logs. Fletching can do in completed supplies no logs knife, etc) and the combat skills can have combat bonuses to that stat. +3 in whatever combat stat. Magic gives magic bonus pray gives pray bonus ranged adds 1-2 damage to projectiles. Hits gives restore as if the prayer were active. Something like that. Also update the prices at that point up 250k-500k on each cape. Players are happy and gold sink is bigger. Win win

Last edited by Scornedpks (19 Jul 2016 17:48)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

runeknight95 said:

Mod Kleio said:

That 7 Armour still doesn't make up for the food slot in pvp or PVM. THe cape is a nice jump for people who stake with armour/weapons on. I couldnt even justify wearing the cape pvping as it doesn't beat the 1 shark.

I would say let the cape hold X items, non wilderness.  Maybe the cape could add 1-3 slots.

Honestly I haven't bought a skill cape because I would never give up 1 shark during PVM for the cape unless I was using prayer potions.

it could if they every brought out that equipment tab they were working on...

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Ewwwww@equipment tab

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Scornedpks said:

I have to agree with Rune on this one. I don't see a big difference between the 7 armor and the shark... and now with trawler there are turtle and rays... just saying a boost of some sort to the skill it's for would be nice. Skill capes have 3 item slots for that skill only (is. Woodcutting can do logs. Fletching can do in completed supplies no logs knife, etc) and the combat skills can have combat bonuses to that stat. +3 in whatever combat stat. Magic gives magic bonus pray gives pray bonus ranged adds 1-2 damage to projectiles. Hits gives restore as if the prayer were active. Something like that. Also update the prices at that point up 250k-500k on each cape. Players are happy and gold sink is bigger. Win win

That was my idea for the bonus at least, Att/def/str capes give +X of its stat like a permanent pot, hp gives +x or an always on renew, for non combat either extra slots, or extra chance for double ore/wood/gems/less chance of failure (not sure how often 99 WC/mining fails on coal/yew/magic trees?).  Or even you have 1 click and it batches your whole inventory, or you can batch notes.  Prayer gives +x prayer or right click "rub" like the dragon ammy and it functions like a prayer pot with a 10 minute cooldown.

Only thing for the combat is to ensure its not too high of a bonus to make p2p hit too hard

Mainly just something extra other then a few extra armor points.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I am all for unique ablities for capes but perhaps a bump to the old thread and let this one die?

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

billytocci said:

the extra 7 armor helps out a lot, if you don't see it then u be blind

We are talking 7 Armour vs 1 shark. Because that cape takes the inventory slot, and doesn't provide the same usefulness as 1 shark. Since you called me blind Id like to point out your lack of critical thinking.

Thanks scornedpks

Noooo equipment tabbbbbb

As ghasp said gona try to bump that thread now These capes need some OOOMPH!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

bread Send PM

subscriber

I like this idea. Most of us (including me) are poor sad 500k is alot!

Player avatar

Abasun Send PM

subscriber

do we know if armour is still set at 0.47 of a def cuz if so you could calculate the chance if it actually being approximately as good vs a shark vs certain strength levels.

as for price, after being here awhile i think we need way more ways to dump gold the amount of gold floating around on the server in items and gp itself is insane

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Abasun said:

do we know if armour is still set at 0.47 of a def cuz if so you could calculate the chance if it actually being approximately as good vs a shark vs certain strength levels.

as for price, after being here awhile i think we need way more ways to dump gold the amount of gold floating around on the server in items and gp itself is insane

The server has been out for over 2 years of course they will be a lot of gp.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.