RSCRevolution (Saradomin, Guthix, Zamorak) armour teaser

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

manowar said:

Wow, very exciting.... I am sure this update will continue the huge momentum generated from the holiday events and items! Personally, I am in favor of developing RSC to its full potential without ending up with a highly modded feel.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into making new designn like this. One aesthetical sugestion I have is to try slimming down the amount of trim on each set - as awesome as the styles are, my first impression was that they are too loud. I'm stoked to start looking for clue scrolls - it's like having the best of both worlds from questing and monster farming.

Since the invitation was given to share general ideas, here is one I have been considering: a satchel or backpack. This item would be difficult to get, and perhaps untradeable. When equipped, it would add 5 inventory slots, which (minus itself) in essence would be adding only four extra slots. While giving slight advantages to pkers, it would be an added incentive for skillers especially. It is hard to judge what the ramifications of a small addition like this would be to the pking scene and the to the market economy, but if said ramifications are within acceptable bounds then I think this would be an interesting option.

I agree they are too loud. The lines are a little too thick for my liking.

Regarding that satchel or backpack: i'd like this update if it were untradable and obtained from a hard quest. This would be a perfect substitute reward if we were to add rs2 quests but believe that the original reward for it is too overpowered or in general doesnt fit rsc. Though, 4 spots seems a little bit low. How about 6 but then make it so you can only take out things in the bank but not outside it. That way it could work like extra inventory space for say woodcutters, or be used to store loot for pkers, without allowing people more inventory spaces or allowing pkers more food.

Last edited by Ids (14 Jan 2016 16:47)

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Ids said:

manowar said:

Wow, very exciting.... I am sure this update will continue the huge momentum generated from the holiday events and items! Personally, I am in favor of developing RSC to its full potential without ending up with a highly modded feel.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into making new designn like this. One aesthetical sugestion I have is to try slimming down the amount of trim on each set - as awesome as the styles are, my first impression was that they are too loud. I'm stoked to start looking for clue scrolls - it's like having the best of both worlds from questing and monster farming.

Since the invitation was given to share general ideas, here is one I have been considering: a satchel or backpack. This item would be difficult to get, and perhaps untradeable. When equipped, it would add 5 inventory slots, which (minus itself) in essence would be adding only four extra slots. While giving slight advantages to pkers, it would be an added incentive for skillers especially. It is hard to judge what the ramifications of a small addition like this would be to the pking scene and the to the market economy, but if said ramifications are within acceptable bounds then I think this would be an interesting option.

Your suggestions are all being heard, definitely! The ones we have now will be released as is. Consider it a prototype that we have for now. Unfortuantely, as RSC stands, the lines have to be thicker than a pixel (and no trimming lines (other than the shoulders), belt, or hand is greater than 2 pixels) due to the general pixel smashing that the client does when rotating sprites. This is why sometimes you'll notice (at least in our testing) trim that is only 1px in width will most of the time disappear while rotating or even idling at a certain angle.

I'm currently developing the female breastplate and I think you'll all really enjoy what you see when it's released. But, as for now, we're at a roadblock and have discussed trying to rectify the issue of pixel smashing and are definitely going to re-design the armor when we figure that out. Also, the mention of shading isn't brought up much, but when the re-design goes into effect I plan to shade accordingly to the armor as well. As it stands, the shading is light and vivid, but that will most likely change to a more relaxed feel, but still be awesome to look at in future builds.

As for armor bonuses, I cannot further elaborate on that, but I can certainly say that Fate had been tossing the idea around in more ways than one.

Last edited by NoxX (14 Jan 2016 16:59)

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

puremax123 Send PM

subscriber

haha awesome. Is that a 99 attack skill cape(t)?

Player avatar

CamHart Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

Dope dope dope. So much more content and care than any rscrevolution player is gonna receive, they don't even chase down and ban their cheaters and allow skilled resources to inflate and bulk to INSANE amounts. This server is basically classic, that didn't get left behind. This is what should have happened to such a great game. This server Is also less easy to progress and has more realistic drop rates and economic intensity that its competitors lacks. Awesome work I'm proud!

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

NoxX said:

Ids said:

manowar said:

Your suggestions are all being heard, definitely! The ones we have now will be released as is. Consider it a prototype that we have for now. Unfortuantely, as RSC stands, the lines have to be thicker than a pixel (and no trimming lines (other than the shoulders), belt, or hand is greater than 2 pixels) due to the general pixel smashing that the client does when rotating sprites. This is why sometimes you'll notice (at least in our testing) trim that is only 1px in width will most of the time disappear while rotating or even idling at a certain angle.

I'm currently developing the female breastplate and I think you'll all really enjoy what you see when it's released. But, as for now, we're at a roadblock and have discussed trying to rectify the issue of pixel smashing and are definitely going to re-design the armor when we figure that out. Also, the mention of shading isn't brought up much, but when the re-design goes into effect I plan to shade accordingly to the armor as well. As it stands, the shading is light and vivid, but that will most likely change to a more relaxed feel, but still be awesome to look at in future builds.

As for armor bonuses, I cannot further elaborate on that, but I can certainly say that Fate had been tossing the idea around in more ways than one.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Player avatar

Ryan Send PM

subscriber

Oh hey, this looks awesome!

Player avatar

H e e z y Send PM

subscriber

Emilez said:

hey guys, does anyone know if the wildy will come back to RSC?? this is what im waiting for the most! old school pking

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

Laboucane said:

I like how fate added " if rsc was further developed", i think continuing where rscrevolution dropped this game is the right move, nostalgia only goes so far and as we seen with the xmas and the new years events we had an active and striving server. Good call fate and cant wait to see whats implemented down the road!

+99

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

Timothy129 Send PM

subscriber

Purely amazing big_smile

Player avatar

cmd3 Send PM

I suggest making the god armor have a small prayer bonus.  This would make the armor much more looked after as it would be best in slot in a few areas.  Currently it would only be aesthetic.  By making this item desired like this will also give players a larger incentive to do these new clues.

Player avatar

shrekenator Send PM

subscriber

Looking great! Thank you for the hard work you put into the game. You are moving further and further away from the competition with these epic updates. RSCR > ALL

Player avatar

Fyuman Send PM

Any chance this update could also somehow incorporate the zammorak battle axe or other zammorak items (mace)? I read that they are already coded into the game but theres no quest to get them.

Also anyone know what the weapon power is on any of that stuff?

Player avatar

Eligos Send PM

Awsome!

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

It. is. so. beautiful.

DO THE THING!! MAKE IT SO!!

Thank you for your hard work!

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

ForeverPkers Send PM

subscriber

Amazing!

Player avatar

xrune Send PM

Player avatar

Shot5times Send PM

subscriber

Is there any updates to this at all....???

HexRated/young p/p da ghost/ghostface
Let me show you why they call me the ghost..

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Shot5times said:

Is there any updates to this at all....???

Yes, this is a larger scale update so things are still being worked on. Design is done. Backend things by n0m are still being worked on and Fate has been busy with other things at the moment. Rest assured we will have this update out soon, we just don't have a time frame at the moment.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

xtc4205 Send PM

subscriber

I appreciate your hard work as much as the next guy, so please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm confused as to why it takes so long to develop new items? Especially these God armors.. The base graphic is already there from rune armor, all you need to do is some basic editing, save as new file, and place in the folder.. And the editing, especially when the base is already there, shouldn't take too long.. I made custom items for my servers, from scratch, and it never took more than a couple hours between editing, position correcting, bonus editing and implementation.. Are your developers very experienced? Again don't take this wrong, I am just curious..