Wilderness worlds separated by cmb and style of play

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

The time has come for me to post a wilderness suggestion of my own. First of all this suggestion completely destroys wilderness as we know it, but in my opinion there is no way to make it fun again while keeping it how it is. Wilderness will never be the same as we used to love it, lets just move on and make Wilderness 2.0 or smth like that, where we would be able to PvP in a reasonable way with no gangbangs or getting pj'ed with mixed teams outside your level range or style of play.

My idea in a nutsell: make separate "worlds" of wilderness that have different levels and styles of play, for example world for 70-80cmb requirement - defence not above 10. And a few different worlds like that. I will explain it in more detail.

Rules of the PK world:
- You can't gain xp (training would be left for the regural wild and benefits of it's hotspots, we want just pking there);
- You can't leave chars parked, you teleport back into Edgeville after being logged out for more than 5minutes (as we don't train there, there is no need to leave chars in wild, and 5minute timer so you could login back where you were just in case you got a random disconnection or just went for a leak).
- The wild is for one Computers MAC address only, since some people of course may be living or playing together, one IP limit is not the best solution sometimes. (And of course there would be ways to work around it, but I suggest making abuse of this system an offence and the payer would get temp ban on the list of chars if he abuses the system. rscrevolution did not allow this shit, we allowed it for too long on private servers, look where we are now and how fun wild is)
- You can't teleport, you can only use NPC's to teleport around;
- NPC's don't drop loot (in order to make farming in wild not that easy);
- Rune rocks are removed from landscape;
- In the map you can't go anywhere lower than Edgeville, rest of the world is off limits;
- The wilderness map would be the same, ppl ofc would pk in the most popular locations.

The worlds as I said in the introduction should be seperated by combat, or combat and styles of play. It would be up for discussion what these worlds should be and what preffered styles of play should be allowed there. I will just give an example, I fucking love quick fights with pures, there is no way to pk in a fun way in current wild, you will get attacked by def chars and get reaped. You would have a world for pures only, or for that combat range only in a world where multilogging is not possible.

The current wild would remain and would serve as a playground for people who are ok with the current situation.

So this is my intial idea, I would love to hear your feedback with constructive opinions from all of you. If you see any drawbacks or have any tweaks i should make to the post please leave a comment here!

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Wouldn't it be much easier and much cheaper to just remove zeonk guy? - After all, it is the only thing that makes multi-logging and teaming so effective. It is way too easy for people to call for help.. These kinds of teleports to wildy belong on turnip servers, not on servers where you actually have to grind for your supplies.

Why would you want to split up the 90 people online onto separate servers? - Are you even playing the same game as I am? - The charm of the wilderness is not knowing who you will run into. By taking that away, we might as well just deathmatch each other.

Last edited by Mainframe (24 Oct 2016 10:07)

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

It is not the best thing to seperate people from one world/wilderness, but we need to do something. Do you think Zenok is really the main issue?

Player avatar

Xpansion Send PM

subscriber

Mod Kleio said:

- The wild is for one Computers MAC address only, since some people of course may be living or playing together, one IP limit is not the best solution sometimes. (And of course there would be ways to work around it, but I suggest making abuse of this system an offence and the payer would get temp ban on the list of chars if he abuses the system. rscrevolution did not allow this shit, we allowed it for too long on private servers, look where we are now and how fun wild is)

that's the only part of the suggestion I agree with.

- 1 account per IP , in wild at any time
- remove mad zeonk teleport

that would be a start, those two simple changes. if you wanted to actually revive the wild, maybe release that god -trim armour that was announced over a year ago. Put a Revenant in that wanders the entire wildy, make it drop god/trim armour pieces. Boom, people have new content and everyone has a reason to go to the wild. Maybe make the changes that were promised a long time ago, and the changes people are frequently suggesting, before you get carried away with wild turnip-esque ideas that are not possibly sustainable on a server with a playerbase as small as this.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Zenok is definitely a factor in helping and speeding the process to be able to Park chars and multilog..credit to you for trying to come up with things..however I see a quite a few flaws in your suggestions..nonetheless at least your trying. I have a idea about wildly it's called lockdown = I'll be posting a idea soon when I look at the pros and cons of it all.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Zenok is definitely a factor in helping and speeding the process to be able to Park chars and multilog..credit to you for trying to come up with things..however I see a quite a few flaws in your suggestions..nonetheless at least your trying. I have a idea about wildly it's called lockdown = I'll be posting a idea soon when I look at the pros and cons of it all.

If you come to the conclusion that it sucks, you can rename it to beatdown.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Sorry man, but this idea would work great if we had 10k players, we don't.......right now there's no one in wilderness and you want to separate people even more..

Also whole point of wilderness having more exp, better monsters, resources is that pkers make it harder, you take pkers away and it's pointless.

Last edited by Nyx (24 Oct 2016 10:32)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

padwan121 said:

Could you please post the flaws that you see? Only feedback can help to come up with new ideas and tweaks and understand what playerbase wants. Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by Kleio (24 Oct 2016 10:31)

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Nyx said:

Sorry man, but this idea would work great if we had 10k players, we don't.......right now there's no one in wilderness and you want to separate people even more..

Well there are reasons there is no activity and we need decisions to bring ppl into PvP action, I believe it can become something else than it used to be smile

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

But your suggestion is to split people up, you can't split 15 off people into 10 separate worlds.

To bring more people into the wilderness you need to give them more reasons to go there, a lot of what the admins are doing is not helping that right now. Now a greater in Flador, great! so now they don't have to go wilderness for greaters........

What we need is more stuff in p2p wild, get a big new monster up there, some good spawns blood runes etc, reduce the drops from monsters in taverly dungeon would also help a lot.

Of course that brings more players up there, but then you also need to deal with the problems in PKing mainly parked characters, but I think there's a bigger problem is it's a lack of confidence in most people to go into the wilderness. A lot of people say they would PK etc if changes are made, but would they? I don't know sad I PK all the time and don't have a huge issue with multi loggers simply by avoiding one or two people(that being said it does need fixing and does make certain areas out of bounds), since I know they can't fight fair. I don't really see a lot of other flats even trying, they just sit in edge.

I do also think just generally more new stuff being added to the game would make people want to come in more and some of those would be pkers.

Last edited by Nyx (24 Oct 2016 10:41)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Zm Send PM

subscriber

I agree with everything. Of course there are details need to be discussed, but I see where are you going and I like it.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thank you for the feedback smile

Player avatar

Imperia Send PM

subscriber

I agree with everything. Great idea Kleio!

Baltic Alliance Liths Squad

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Remove mad zeonk and remove the skipper tele to edge.  Or add a timer to skipper so u can't tele until 5 mins after death.

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Bounce Send PM

Xpansion said:

Mod Kleio said:

that's the only part of the suggestion I agree with.

- 1 account per IP , in wild at any time
- remove mad zeonk teleport

that would be a start, those two simple changes. if you wanted to actually revive the wild, maybe release that god -trim armour that was announced over a year ago. Put a Revenant in that wanders the entire wildy, make it drop god/trim armour pieces. Boom, people have new content and everyone has a reason to go to the wild. Maybe make the changes that were promised a long time ago, and the changes people are frequently suggesting, before you get carried away with wild turnip-esque ideas that are not possibly sustainable on a server with a playerbase as small as this.

I believe these few points would do a huge difference for wildy population, especially the first one (only 1 account in wildy at a time). You could start out trying to have, lets say, 3 days a week in which you can only bring 1 account into wildy. See if wildy is more populated those days.

Player avatar

I virgin i Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

But your suggestion is to split people up, you can't split 15 off people into 10 separate worlds.

To bring more people into the wilderness you need to give them more reasons to go there, a lot of what the admins are doing is not helping that right now. Now a greater in Flador, great! so now they don't have to go wilderness for greaters........

What we need is more stuff in p2p wild, get a big new monster up there, some good spawns blood runes etc, reduce the drops from monsters in taverly dungeon would also help a lot.

Of course that brings more players up there, but then you also need to deal with the problems in PKing mainly parked characters, but I think there's a bigger problem is it's a lack of confidence in most people to go into the wilderness. A lot of people say they would PK etc if changes are made, but would they? I don't know sad I PK all the time and don't have a huge issue with multi loggers simply by avoiding one or two people(that being said it does need fixing and does make certain areas out of bounds), since I know they can't fight fair. I don't really see a lot of other flats even trying, they just sit in edge.

I do also think just generally more new stuff being added to the game would make people want to come in more and some of those would be pkers.

lol I'm just going to say that they have already reduced/nerfed drops from monster's in general reducing them even more is stupid and trying to force people to go into wild to farm is a bad idea. the whole point of farming those monster's in taverly dung/waterfall etc is so you don't have to deal with pkers/afk killers whatever it is. you are right about all these people who say they would pk if shit was changed I doubt it. but anyways gl have fun

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Mod Kleio said:

- You can't leave chars parked, you teleport back into Edgeville after being logged out for more than 5minutes (as we don't train there, there is no need to leave chars in wild, and 5minute timer so you could login back where you were just in case you got a random disconnection or just went for a leak).

This is the part I like.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Nyx said:

To bring more people into the wilderness you need to give them more reasons to go there, a lot of what the admins are doing is not helping that right now. Now a greater in Flador, great! so now they don't have to go wilderness for greaters.......

"The admin" in this case was me. Taverly dungeon is readily available to all players. But sure, that one f2p demon spot in Falador killed PK tongue. And anyway you left out that another rune rock was added to wildy (while nerfing NPC's runite drops appropriately) and another training spot was added to wildy at around that time. Yes there should be a very high lvl NPC to fight up north. Also would be fine adding more black demons to wilderness but where?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

"The admin" in this case was me. Taverly dungeon is readily available to all players. But sure, that one f2p demon spot in Falador killed PK tongue. Yes there should be a very high lvl NPC to fight up north. Also would be fine adding more black demons to wilderness but where?

• Remove the Lesser demons in dragon maze and replace them with a few Black Demons. The map is littered with Lessers anyways.
  • Remove the Greater from Falador
  • Add some Iron Arrow or Feather spawns at Ghost Town, that place is barely ever visited.

Player avatar

artvandelay Send PM

subscriber

Maybe introduce dragon chain, legs and large except only have wildneress npcs drop them and at an extremely low rate. Higher the level npc, the higher the drop rate. It wouldn't effect pkers either since the armour bonus wouldn't be significant.