Make the Fort Better

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Easy,

1. Revert the change that makes stuff go into chest, it's a terrible idea. - People don't have time to stay hours everytime they pk, and it's ultimately massive team = win.

2. Delete the moats and walls, make it as open as possible - People need to be able to run in every direction, it's what pking is.

3. Fix the buggy doors or remove them.

4. Delete Chaos dwarfs, ALL of them and the ridge, if people fail to catch the kill is supposed to be away not caught by dwarf,

5. Move the fort 30 squares over to the East. - gives some space not ocean, or remove some ocean and give extra space.

6. Give double team XP in there.

7. Make chest capture faster if no other user is in the fort.

Fixed.

Last edited by Nyx (23 Dec 2018 21:25)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

why are you still wasting your good clicking finger lol

even if they were to finally do a couple of these things 6 months from now, theyd just package it with some other ******** shti as usual

just let it die, they clearly think they know better

You're right

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

All points make sense. You may have my +1

Esp point nr 1, anything favoring huge numbers will kill PKing faster than anything.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

Nyx said:

Easy,

1. Revert the change that makes stuff go into chest, it's a terrible idea. - People don't have time to stay hours everytime they pk, and it's ultimately massive team = win.

2. Delete the moats and walls, make it as open as possible - People need to be able to run in every direction, it's what pking is.

3. Fix the buggy doors or remove them.

4. Delete Chaos dwarfs, ALL of them and the ridge, if people fail to catch the kill is supposed to be away not caught by dwarf,

5. Move the fort 30 squares over to the East. - gives some space not ocean, or remove some ocean and give extra space.

6. Give double team XP in there.

7. Make chest capture faster if no other user is in the fort.

Fixed.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/teamfin.png[/img]

Player avatar

Baccano Send PM

Good idea. Please Implement as anything is better than the current set-up. Good job Nixie boy

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Remove the items going to the chest for starters. Solo Pkers only lose gp by pking at fort and wont even bother to go there, this current setup ONLY prefers the biggest teams and nothing else. Doesn't make Pking any more active, i can see the idea behind it though.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

I went to the fort last night for the first time this year, been playing up there on and off since the day of release of the first ever fort

And I think this is the most stupid version ever of the fort... Sets going to chest definitely doesn't encourage PKing, it encourages people to play like fucking idiots so they don't lose their precious pixels, suiciding on NPCs, running around in 20 man teams in addy, throwing barely geared bodies at the chest to stop capture, it's pretty cancer. There really is no tactics to it whatsoever, it's just whoever can get more. I went there last night it was 6v6 roughly, before you know it the opposing team had upwards of 15 people probably closer to 20, who quickly logged off when they realized they couldn't compete with a team of the same numbers and they were just donating sets, again, what does kills going on the floor do to make PKing more active? The amount of items coming into the game from that fort I bet is absolutely fucking monstrous amounts and people barely even PK there it's just farmed 24/7 and barely ever used for what it's meant for

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

N E 1 P K said:

I went to the fort last night for the first time this year, been playing up there on and off since the day of release of the first ever fort

And I think this is the most stupid version ever of the fort... Sets going to chest definitely doesn't encourage PKing, it encourages people to play like fucking idiots so they don't lose their precious pixels, suiciding on NPCs, running around in 20 man teams in addy, throwing barely geared bodies at the chest to stop capture, it's pretty cancer. There really is no tactics to it whatsoever, it's just whoever can get more. I went there last night it was 6v6 roughly, before you know it the opposing team had upwards of 15 people probably closer to 20, who quickly logged off when they realized they couldn't compete with a team of the same numbers and they were just donating sets, again, what does kills going on the floor do to make PKing more active? The amount of items coming into the game from that fort I bet is absolutely fucking monstrous amounts and people barely even PK there it's just farmed 24/7 and barely ever used for what it's meant for

I agree with your points. The current fort does not encourage risk. Escalations do happen but if people want to come take it over then they should be risking something. In addition, it is too easy for me to go in naked and take over chest and afk druids. I'm literally doing it right now. The best herbs in game along with good combat xp should not be so easy.

Maybe require a rune 2h and full rune for anyone entering? Also along with what op said the items pked should go on ground.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

Well that's why stuff should go on the ground and there shouldn't be so many obstacles there (referring to the fact it's so easy to farm when it's not peak time), what incentive does a solo PKer have or small team to go there if he can't even loot his kill without sticking around forever and ever, the issue doesn't stop there though because people have got to the point where they just want to use the facilities and NOT PK, and will run in circles around the many buildings and obstacles or if you do manage to get them they'll unalived on the npc's or whatever. Or create 50 man discords and be able to log 10-15 in within minutes but log out indefinitely if people manage to muster up even or close to numbers

It's all got really out of hand

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

N E 1 P K said:

Well that's why stuff should go on the ground and there shouldn't be so many obstacles there (referring to the fact it's so easy to farm when it's not peak time), what incentive does a solo PKer have or small team to go there if he can't even loot his kill without sticking around forever and ever, the issue doesn't stop there though because people have got to the point where they just want to use the facilities and NOT PK, and will run in circles around the many buildings and obstacles or if you do manage to get them they'll unalived on the npc's or whatever. Or create 50 man discords and be able to log 10-15 in within minutes but log out indefinitely if people manage to muster up even or close to numbers

It's all got really out of hand

Jesus lol spot on, i told n0m about this he Said make a bigger team, strongest (read biggest) teams should control fort since its a team fort ... Thats how he sees it.

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Thing is n0m is right the strongest team, should "control" it, but what we need is that anyone solo, or a small group can go in drop some one escape with their set, we don't need to "control it" we just need the ability to:

1. Escape, make the design open and all are benefited by having a better chance of escape.
2. Loot drops on the floor so, the massive team doesn't get everything.
3. The ability to capture the fort, there's this huge issue of if you control the fort, your large team can keep it by loosing and just suiciding on the chest over and over.
4. The suiciding on dragon is ridiculous and needs to be fixed, or considered bug abuse with a temp ban.