Selling Characters

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Why aren't we allowed to buy and sell characters?

- If you must use a sub to xfer chars, it would support the server, promote growth and pking and give money to help advertise.

Come on, come on.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

This sounds like a RWT loophole. In addition, if I could just buy a flat there's no reason for me to sub my char to train it.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

This sounds like a RWT loophole. In addition, if I could just buy a flat there's no reason for me to sub my char to train it.

But the person training them will probably buy subs.

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

3o5 said:

humans said:

But the person training them will probably buy subs.

Subs would be used to transfer over the characters and likely used to train the characters too. This type of update adds versatility to the server. It's a new way for players to acquire gp as well as for players to acquire desired characters to pk/farm without having to go through the hassle of making the characters.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

RWT loophole explained since some people apparently cant connect the dots: Example: Buying max main for 100K RSCR *whisper* Pm me on discord so i can paypal you 10 bucks*

Logical reasoning is important in daily life.

In addition, allowing buying/selling of characters defeats the point of earning achievements and goals. It creates an atmosphere of RWT.

Last edited by humans (25 Jan 2019 19:51)

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

I can sell a p hat to a friend for 20 mill that's valued at 40m and have him pay me the diff via PayPal. There are loopholes for everything. I figured a med student like yourself would know that.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Rappsfan said:

I can sell a p hat to a friend for 20 mill that's valued at 40m and have him pay me the diff via PayPal. There are loopholes for everything. I figured a med student like yourself would know that.

That's like saying cannabis is considered less harmful than alcohol, so ppl should be allowed to abuse it instead. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The reason why anyone would want to sell chars is bc they prob no-lifed making countless accounts and want to selfishly sell it for monetary gains (lmfao pixel or w/e people have some imaginary assertion they're worth anything) at the cost of nurturing a RWT environment.

The lack of logical reasoning and common sense in this forum is astounding.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

E N K O said:

humans said:

Rappsfan said:

That's like saying cannabis is considered less harmful than alcohol, so ppl should be allowed to abuse it instead. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The reason why anyone would want to sell chars is bc they prob no-lifed making countless accounts and want to selfishly sell it for monetary gains (lmfao pixel or w/e people have some imaginary assertion they're worth anything) at the cost of nurturing a RWT environment.

God I hope the whole medical student thing was trolling. I wouldnt trust you to insert my catheter.

Foleys aren't difficult to insert. The bigger issue is sterilization of surrounding field to prevent iatrogenic infxn.

Luckily, this world is run by deeds and not just words.

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

Rappsfan said:

Jesus.... you've got to be a troll, nobody can be this dense. Some people can easily afk accounts while they do other things yet can't farm or skill due to the focus and constant clicking required. If they're able to afk accounts and sell them for pk supplies or whatever they want to spend gp on why not let them. They're able to acquire items and likely would use subs to train the accounts + use subs to transfer it from their forum to the buyers. There are no losers in this situation.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Rappsfan said:

humans said:

Rappsfan said:

Jesus.... you've got to be a troll, nobody can be this dense. Some people can easily afk accounts while they do other things yet can't farm or skill due to the focus and constant clicking required. If they're able to afk accounts and sell them for pk supplies or whatever they want to spend gp on why not let them. They're able to acquire items and likely would use subs to train the accounts + use subs to transfer it from their forum to the buyers. There are no losers in this situation.

First, I've already listed several reasons above why this would be a terrible idea that damages the integrity of the game (RWT environment + defeats the purpose of achievements).

Second, it's against game rules. Refer to rule 10. If the game leadership feels strongly enough to forbid and ban ppl for this sort of transactions then they must have their reasons.

?selling logical reasoning 500k

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

Rappsfan said:

humans said:

First, I've already listed several reasons above why this would be a terrible idea that damages the integrity of the game (RWT environment + defeats the purpose of achievements).

Second, it's against game rules. Refer to rule 10. If the game leadership feels strongly enough to forbid and ban ppl for this sort of transactions then they must have their reasons.

?selling logical reasoning 500k

I've trained peoples accounts for free and for gp on many different occasions because it's quite easy to do on an android. Those people who own the accounts are people that have been in the rsc scene for years and no longer care to spend the time needed to make those accounts but they still love to pk. Thse "achievements" are no longer achievements for people who have done it multiple times on previous servers. They want to pk and not have to deal with the grind for the thousandth time.

Every form of transaction has RWT potential. Why not just get rid of trading if that's the case. People will RWT regardless and some will get caught. Not allowing character selling encourages some players to go elsewhere or encourages RWT since if character selling is allowed then mods will have involvement with moving characters from forum to forum. There is more transparency with mods directly involved in the transactions.

Obviously it's currently against the rules. Some rules are changed for the potential long term growth of the server.

Player avatar

nyx4 Send PM

Rappsfan said:

Or borrow a friends p hat and sell it to jmoney

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Was severely sleep deprived on 28hr call when I responded to this thread.

Here's a better follow-up to why the server shouldn't allow character sales aside from all the other stuff I mentioned previously:

1. It's a for-profit game and the server needs to make money. The cost of 1 sub to transfer account is significantly lesser than the cost for someone to purchase sub set(s) to train a flat and other skills. The short-term gains are insignificant compared to the long-term growth.
2. If someone gets scammed during a transaction, it would be a hassle for staff to deal with these extraneous issues. They would be diverting attention from hosting events, moderating the game, etc to deal with these problems.
3. There are probably thousands of abandoned accounts nobody needs. So the sales of characters would be tremendously active, which will lead to reduction of "training time" and ultimately reduce player activity in the game. In other words, people will just get bored and quit. 

It would not be in the server's interests financially or practically to allow character sales. I understand a lot of you have abandoned alt accounts and would like to make quick pixel money, but the game would deteriorate pretty quick from every point of view.

Last edited by humans (27 Jan 2019 23:57)

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

1) Most of the accounts people sell would be accounts strictly built to pk since most of the people interested in purchasing accounts are pkers.

2) These transactions would require very little mod assistance. Two players can agree to a price and have a mod use 1-2 minutes to help facilitate the trade and move a character from 1 forum to another.

3) Most of the active pkers wouldn't sell their accounts but likely purchase them from skillers who can afk accounts while skilling. Those accounts people would train would require subs since afk training an unsubbed flat is awful.

I personally have no interest in selling any of my accounts and I doubt many pkers would. All this does is give players another way to accumulate wealth while facilitating pk for those people that complain about not having the time to make pkers.

Player avatar

Rappsfan Send PM

subscriber

nyx4 said:

Rappsfan said:

Or borrow a friends p hat and sell it to jmoney

North Koreans >>> South Koreans

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

1. It's a for-profit game and the server needs to make money. The cost of 1 sub to transfer account is significantly lesser than the cost for someone to purchase sub set(s) to train a flat and other skills. The short-term gains are insignificant compared to the long-term growth.

The ppl training will most likely sub the accounts to expedite training.
It's additional funds to the server for the xfer AND name change. 2 additional subs. Skillers are the ones training and selling, not pkers.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

how about allowing admins to sell accounts just like it has been suggested millions of times before. sub for any type of PK'er should be fine and it would have 100% succes rate, without needing to worry anybody getting scammed over.

-players would win
-server would win
-PK'ing scene would win

but oh wait, rather wait 45 days till someone who wants to PK afk's a flat, and then spends 95% of his time for gaining PK supplies instead of PK'ing in the future.

SMH.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]