SlayingDrix - My Slayer Only Challenge Account

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys,

This is where I'm moving my progress updates for my Slayer only Ironman.  Here are the rules:

1. I CANNOT fight any monster that I am not on a slayer task for.  This means no training combat stats on anything other than slayer tasks, and I must stop fighting whatever my slayer task was after the last one dies.
2. I CANNOT train gathering skills (fishing, woodcutting, mining, thieving), but I can train production skills if the items for them are dropped by slayer monsters.  I can also train agility as much as I want, as it offers no benefit outside of quest requirements and shortcuts.
3. I CAN complete any quests that I can get the skills for, and will allow myself to fight whatever quest bosses that might include.
4. I CANNOT equip anything that wasn't dropped by a slayer monster.  That means nothing from shops, nothing from quest rewards, and nothing I make myself.
5. I CAN kill monsters however I want, with ranged, magic or melee.  For Ranged, I would have to get a bow drop and arrow drops, but since runes aren't "equipped", I think that magic will be a convenient exception.  I won't be able to equip a staff unless one drops however.
6. I CANNOT pick up any inedible respawning items.  This is to disallow money making methods like picking up steel platebodies and staves of earth in the wilderness.  I can pick up things like cabbage, cookedmeat, or even the stews on the floor in underground pass if I make it that far, but nothing I can't immediately eat.  This also restricts things like grain, that can technically be made into food, or anything raw that might respawn.
7. I CANNOT buy items from shops.  I don't think it's necessary to buy runes or food, so it seems like more fun to just cut out shop items entirely.  I can still sell stuff though.

You can find the first few updates here: https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15833

Last edited by Drixiss (8 Feb 2019 22:39)

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Update #3: My next task was Unicorns, which is pretty easy, especially since there's one right next to the cookedmeat spawn in Barbarian village.  I also was able to complete the mini-quest to kill 5 unicorns, which rewards you with 5 antipoison! These might come in handy at some point.

My next task is exciting: Mud Golems! Finally, something that can drop actual gear.  The best weapon I can hope for is an Iron 2h, and I could also potentially get some pieces of steel armor.  That's not all mud golems have to offer though...they also drop water staves, which could be useful for some spells.  They also drop clay every drop, which is a convenient way for me to get a few crafting levels.  There's a challenge with mud golems though: I need to buy a dynamite for each kill, which costs 50 GP each.  For the first few kills, I sold off all of the unicorn horns and bear furs that I had collected, but then I realized that I could do sheep herder for 3k cash, so I did that.

After a few disappointing kills, I got this:

Bs1i8sj.png

I was so excited! Finally, no more punching.  They also drop Bronze 2h's, so getting an iron one was lucky.

The rest of the kills were a lot easier after that.  I also got a bronze spear drop, which I threw a few times before it disappeared to get some range EXP.  Here was the final haul from mud golems, minus a few runes and the clay:

AzakJaV.png

I spun most of the clay into pie dishes (after getting 4 crafting) so now I can use my handful of grains to make meat pies once I get 20 cooking.  And that's it for this update! Here is another picture of my account:

HzGpOpi.png

Last edited by Drixiss (8 Feb 2019 22:42)

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

This is pretty awesome. big_smile

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

This is amazing! Been secretly watching you punch stuff to death wearing a chef's hat, and enjoying every minute of it! big_smile Wish you all the best

Edit: I also kinda want to steal that look...

Last edited by Mod Vinkie (9 Feb 2019 17:04)

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Update #4: My next task is the dream: Mithril Golems! Some of their drops will be best in slot for me for a long time.  Mithril chainbody and Mithril square shield are nice, but most importantly, they drop the Mithril 2h, which I don't think I can improve on until 40 slayer.

After a few kills, I got a slight upgrade:
QEc2176.png

A Mithril Mace! This has 5 more weapon aim than the Iron 2h, but 3 less weapon power.  It doesn't drop me a max hit though, so it's better for now.

A few more kills, and another upgrade came up:

wtlJguS.png

Mithril Square shield! It's really coming together now.

A few more kills, and I got the dream drop:

YgLgAM8.png

Mithril 2h! With 32 weaponaim and weaponpower, this thing dwarfs all the other weapon drops I've gotten.  Still wanting to take advantage of my square shield, I swapped between the 2h and shield while finishing up the task.  Mith golems are actually pretty tough, I could only kill 3-4 of them per trip.

A few more kills and I got the last upgrade these guys offer: a Mithril chainbody! This was an excellent trip, I got pretty much everything I was hoping for (aside from Mithril Gauntlets).  Here's the full haul:

C5tZ2Ok.png

For my next task, I got yet another mud golem task.  It's nice, but my cash stack is running out.  I had to sell off a few of my mith golem drops to afford the dynamite.

This trip gave me a few nice things.  First off, I got the steel platebody, which is a slight upgrade over my mithril chainbody.  Secondly, I got a lot of bronze spears, which I was able to throw between combat for a nice 5 ranged levels.  Third, I got a few buckets of water, which essentially "unlocks" buckets for me, which I need for a few quests.  The 31 clay for crafting exp is nice too because now I can cut my sapphires!  Here's a picture of the full haul:

CNP3e6h.png

And that's the end of this update! Here's a picture of my current status:

YHgSgfC.png

Thanks for reading everybody! This has been a lot of fun so far.

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Finally a use for those bronze spears! wink
Good luck on your progress smile

Player avatar

novalys Send PM

subscriber

Well this is definitely an interesting way to make a painful-to-level-up skill extra challenging, props!

Last edited by novalys (9 Mar 2019 16:10)

Player avatar

ЯJ Send PM

subscriber

Loving this idea, keep it up man.

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Reminds me a lot of Settled’s Moritania Only Ultimate Ironman YouTube series...

I hope to see updates real soon mate!

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

Any update?

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Helpful Send PM

Puremanl said:

i guess it was too hard? or maybe he quit?

Maybe, I read over the requirements - sounds painful !  But also very unique !
+1

-Helpful

Player avatar

niko Send PM

subscriber

This looks like a fun idea!

[img]https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/bab15989675197009b8b672d4ced47aa.png[/img]