Wilderness Slayer!

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Greetings,
It's been a while, I have been working hard behind the scenes for a while now but today I will be bringing myself to the front and announcing our newest update smile!

Wilderness Task Master

We have added a brand new wilderness only task master, which means you can only complete his tasks by slaying monsters in wilderness.
But why would you do that you might ask? Well, one would do it for the additional +1X experience multiplier that is given, and another for the wilderness exclusive tasks, risk for great rewards!

New slayer dungeon

78573c4ab04f176bca0790d42bc346f1.png
Slayer dungeon is located in east wilderness

Ghostly lair

5aa11dc114c6442c699eebccbd1e5a81.gif
New mysterious ghostly lair! Will you be the first to solve the puzzle? (Located under Sapphire hut)

Full set of ghostly robes gives +12 prayer bonus and +12 magic bonus, no additional requirements. This robe set can only be obtained from Ghostlies if you have them as slayer task.

TLDR;

• New wilderness task master, gives wilderness only task
  • Slayer experience is increased +0.5x for tasks completed in wilderness.
  • Plus an additional +0.5x for wilderness only tasks given by new taskmaster.
  • Allowing for a total exp rate of 3x.
  • New slayer dungeon located in east wilderness
  • New mysterious Ghostly npc, introducing their robes as new items, and ghostly lair.

Other news:

We sent email newsletter to all of our registered users about our latest updates. It appears that there's been a tiny bug in the code and it sent email per forum account, I sincerely apologize for any spam in your inbox, it won't happen again. If you want to opt-out of future newsletters, you can do so from your forum profile settings.

Future plans:
We will continue pursuing creating quality content for slayer, we have been listening to your feedback and we have made making wilderness just the way you guys like it is one of our top priorities. We have also planned several new events and brand new event queue system, that will come out soon.

Poll changes:
We have became aware of the fact that our polls can't really be trusted as there was no requirements to vote. Because we want your feedback and we need it to be accurate we have implemented several rules to be able to vote on our poll:
-You must have verified your e-mail address
-You must have skill total of 400 or more in one of your characters
-You cannot vote more than once per IP

We will soon introduce a new NPC in game that you can vote for polls with, it will be located in Edgeville and you will notice him easily as he'll be yelling the current poll question.

New poll:
We came up with an idea, why not let you guys vote on daily basis how you want your wilderness instead of us dictating it? The poll is currently open on our front page and we are eager to wait for the results.

Player avatar

hektor Send PM

Wow great update. Can’t wait to try out wildy slayer. Do these monsters drop different loots?

Player avatar

P8er Send PM

awesome!

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Ghostly lair needs to be moved a square or two over or allowed another way to reach the web, its blocking one of the hard clue dig locations currently.  Number 9 from the list https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13913

ZR7Gj8.jpg

Looks like pepsi got it fixed, all good!

Last edited by ReconOne (24 Jan 2019 18:58)

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

humans Send PM

It's an excellent update and I've already seen lots of ppl participating. However, lvl 60 slayer minimum requirement is too high on first release as slayer is a new skill. Very few people can meet this requirement.

I recommend lvl 30-40 slayer as there are a lot of slayer npcs in that slayer dungeon. This will allow more people to participate in wildy slayer and not exclusively to only a few max mains. We can always increase requirements in the future as more people gain higher slayer.

Last edited by humans (24 Jan 2019 19:09)

Player avatar

Lenigrast Send PM

humans said:

This will allow more people to participate in wildy slayer and not exclusively to only a few max mains. We can always increase requirements in the future as more people gain higher slayer.

I'm not maxed and I'm 1 level away from 60.

Last edited by Lenigrast (24 Jan 2019 20:40)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yUSJ26H.gif[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

the whole poll doesn't work part then you guys put a poll up is pretty funny tbh. tongue

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

KizL said:

the whole poll doesn't work part then you guys put a poll up is pretty funny tbh. tongue

~K!zL

agreed and especially the way it's worded

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

Wildy slayer is a pretty awesome addition! smile

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

demon12 Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

It's an excellent update and I've already seen lots of ppl participating. However, lvl 60 slayer minimum requirement is too high on first release as slayer is a new skill. Very few people can meet this requirement.

I recommend lvl 30-40 slayer as there are a lot of slayer npcs in that slayer dungeon. This will allow more people to participate in wildy slayer and not exclusively to only a few max mains. We can always increase requirements in the future as more people gain higher slayer.

60 slayer to get a task from the wilderness slayer master? dear lord......... im flats getting 22xp per kill from the slayer master in varrock, my slayer level is 34 and its slow as hell so not like i can go to a better npc at the moment

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

N E 1 P K said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

agreed and especially the way it's worded

Did you miss out the text after that? We implemented measures to avoid cheating the poll system hence why we can put polls and trust the results more.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

No I'm not blind, I just read it as if whoever wrote it did so with a sarcastic and begrudging tone and I found it funny

Player avatar

humans Send PM

bump. some moron necro'd a thread from 2014.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

E N K O said:

Good to see content hot from the developer.

We felt the added danger would be worth it to those who want that extra XP.
Waiting until the Ghostly Monster was ready was why it took so long to release.  Those Ghostly Robes tho smile

N E 1 P K said:

No I'm not blind, I just read it as if whoever wrote it did so with a sarcastic and begrudging tone and I found it funny

Not at all.  English is not their first language.